'13 Gecko JKU Build - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > '13 Gecko JKU Build

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....

Unread 01-22-2013, 08:52 PM   #61
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I just got my Procal and the manual does have a setting to turn it off. "setting pressure to zero will disable the system for diagnostic purposes"

[COLOR="red"][B]For Sale:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/jk-4dr-black-painted-hard-top-1000-a-1541186/"][COLOR="Blue"]2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/jkur-18-59-springs-shocks-1557427/"][COLOR="Purple"]JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks[/COLOR][/URL]

[SIZE="1"][B]97 TJ:[/B] daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
[B]98 TJ:[/B] Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
[B]06 LJ Rubicon:[/B] mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
[B]13 JKU Rubicon:[/B] Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs[/SIZE]
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2013, 11:47 PM   #62
MGIMELLI
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_M
I got the front RCV axle shafts installed. The drivers side was a stubborn son of a gun. Seating the dust cover was hell. I know its not much progress but trying to get work done at all to the Jeep during the week along with work and family is tough. Baby steps...

On another note, I have my stock tires and wheels listed on Craigslist. A buyer wants to come pick them up tomorrow. It just occurred to me that the stock wheels still have the air pressure sensors in them. Do I need these or will the Procal turn off that feature all together? I really don't care if the system is operational but I do not want any kind of "idiot" lights on in the dash. Anyone have experience with these?
I would get your sensors out. It won't take long or cost to much. Chances are the buyer won't be able to use them anyway. Unless he has. 2013. I would be interested in them as a second set for my other set of wheels of you don't have any interest in them.
Unread 01-23-2013, 12:49 PM   #63
David_M
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy-Beast View Post
I just got my Procal and the manual does have a setting to turn it off. "setting pressure to zero will disable the system for diagnostic purposes"
Thanks for the quick reply. I needed that cause the buyer was in a hurry and frankly I wanted to get rid of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGIMELLI View Post
I would get your sensors out. It won't take long or cost to much. Chances are the buyer won't be able to use them anyway. Unless he has. 2013. I would be interested in them as a second set for my other set of wheels of you don't have any interest in them.
Yeah, he has a 2013 and wanted the sensors. No biggie for me, I wouldn't have used them anyway.

Thanks, David M
Unread 01-27-2013, 02:34 PM   #64
David_M
2013 JK Wrangler 

With the recent warm weather here in Central Texas, I took advantage and sprayed my poison spyder bumper, skid, and brawler rockers. I removed the light surface rust with an air angle grinder. Cleaned them up with M.E.K. and sprayed with Rustoleum bed liner that comes in a rattle can.
dscn0329.jpg   dscn0330.jpg   dscn0331.jpg  
Unread 01-27-2013, 02:42 PM   #65
David_M
2013 JK Wrangler 

I got all the synergey steering along with the JKS front and rear adjustable track bars installed. I mounted the tires and cycled the axle articulation to verify no tire rub at full bump. A couple of spy shots of where I think it will sit. The pictures below are withOUT springs and shocks. I still think this will be very close to where the final stance will be...
dscn0333.jpg   dscn0334.jpg   dscn0338.jpg   dscn0337.jpg   dscn0335.jpg  

dscn0336.jpg   dscn0340.jpg  
Unread 01-29-2013, 03:28 PM   #66
David_M
2013 JK Wrangler 

OK...Just read some very discouraging news on another forum that could effect my build. There have been several cases of 2012/13 JK's with (auto transmission only) that are having issues when auto lockers such as a Detroit are used. The jeeps are going into limp mode. There is not a lot of information regarding this topic that I have found. At best, results are inconclusive. I have spoke with Dave @ Northridge who I purchased the axle from and even called and talked to Steve @ Dynatrac. Both had the same answer, which was that they were unsure if I would have problems. It is a certainty that in the rear there would be problems. However, in the front may not be an issue. My concern is that I on occasion do some beach driving. I'm affraid in 4 hi that I would have similar issues.

I am leaning toward calling David @ Northridge and see if he is willing to swap my Detroit for an ARB if I pay the differance in price. After having my Jeep down for so long already I would hate to have issues after the fact.
Unread 01-29-2013, 03:54 PM   #67
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_M View Post
OK...Just read some very discouraging news on another forum that could effect my build. There have been several cases of 2012/13 JK's with (auto transmission only) that are having issues when auto lockers such as a Detroit are used. The jeeps are going into limp mode. There is not a lot of information regarding this topic that I have found. At best, results are inconclusive. I have spoke with Dave @ Northridge who I purchased the axle from and even called and talked to Steve @ Dynatrac. Both had the same answer, which was that they were unsure if I would have problems. It is a certainty that in the rear there would be problems. However, in the front may not be an issue. My concern is that I on occasion do some beach driving. I'm affraid in 4 hi that I would have similar issues.

I am leaning toward calling David @ Northridge and see if he is willing to swap my Detroit for an ARB if I pay the differance in price. After having my Jeep down for so long already I would hate to have issues after the fact.
I was reading some of those also and seemed like some of them have tired everything and been working it for a while to no avail. If you can pull off a switch to an ARB then you don't have to worry. With the ARB in back you're already running a compressor, manifold and switches.

[COLOR="red"][B]For Sale:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/jk-4dr-black-painted-hard-top-1000-a-1541186/"][COLOR="Blue"]2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/jkur-18-59-springs-shocks-1557427/"][COLOR="Purple"]JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks[/COLOR][/URL]

[SIZE="1"][B]97 TJ:[/B] daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
[B]98 TJ:[/B] Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
[B]06 LJ Rubicon:[/B] mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
[B]13 JKU Rubicon:[/B] Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs[/SIZE]
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2013, 08:54 AM   #68
David_M
2013 JK Wrangler 

Yeah, as much as I hate to tear into the new ProRock to swap lockers. I think that is the smart play here. I have made this request to David @ Northridge and waiting to hear back from him. Damn, I was getting so close!
Unread 01-30-2013, 08:58 AM   #69
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I don't think you would've cared for the Detroit in the rear anyway. The ARB is the best option back there, especially on the road. Up front, the Detroit is a fantastic choice.
Imped is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2013, 09:03 AM   #70
David_M
2013 JK Wrangler 

The Detroit is in the front, for now. I have an ARB in the rear.
Unread 01-30-2013, 12:59 PM   #71
David_M
2013 JK Wrangler 

The more I think about this...I seem to remember Gerald @ Savvy Offroad build up his '12 JKUR. I believe he used a Detroit locker in the front axle as well and am fairly certain it was an auto transmission too. I never heard of his rig having any issues what so ever. I am going to call him and seek his opinion on the matter. More to follow...
Unread 01-30-2013, 01:15 PM   #72
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I believe you're right.
Unread 01-31-2013, 08:11 AM   #73
David_M
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
I believe you're right.
Imped,
I don't believe I ever formally thanked you for all your tips, pointers, suggestions in helping me properly set up the control arms. I really appreciate that!
Unread 01-31-2013, 10:52 AM   #74
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Not a problem man, glad to help.
Unread 01-31-2013, 06:57 PM   #75
David_M
2013 JK Wrangler 

So I spoke with Gerald and he confirmed that his 2012 is an automatic transmission and he is also running a Detroit locker in the front without any problems. With this, I have decided to go ahead stick with the Detroit in my ProRock. If for whatever reason I do have a problem David @ Northridge has agreed to swap lockers for an ARB. I hope it doesn't come to that for everyones sake.

On another note I did get the Poison Spyder rock brawler sliders installed. Very happy with how they look. I forgot my camera at work today so I will get some pictures up tomorrow. I started the process on the Or-Fab spare tire carrier but this one will go into the weekend. I have already installed one on my last JK. At that time I told myself, I never want to do that again. But, Here I am...IMO you just can't beat the quality, fit, and function of it. Best carrier out there IMO just a pain in the *** to install.

Still hopeful that my shocks will be in tomorrow so I can button up the suspension. Dare I say I'm starting to see light at the end of the tunnel...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.