'13 Gecko JKU Build - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > '13 Gecko JKU Build

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-23-2013, 08:15 PM   #151
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Nice rig. Very similar to how I would build mine if I had a JK, color included!

Moabrubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 08:52 PM   #152
94eagle

4 door ride a lot smoother?
94eagle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 11:00 PM   #153
David_M
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
Nice rig. Very similar to how I would build mine if I had a JK, color included!
Many Thanks!
Unread 08-26-2013, 01:51 PM   #154
David_M
2013 JK Wrangler 

Just picked up two more 3/4" shackles or D-Rings for the back bumper. I need to sand blast them and spray they with the Gecko green paint to match the front ones.
Unread 09-06-2013, 07:51 PM   #155
David_M
2013 JK Wrangler 

OK...Time for Audio Upgrades!

Head Unit...Kenwood DDX-370

Amp...JL 700/5

Front Speakers...Focal 165v30

Rear Speakers...Kenwood KFC X173

Rear View Camera

Satellite Radio Tuner

Subwoofers...JL 8W v2's

Unread 09-07-2013, 09:51 AM   #156
Cavasar
No Longer DD

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Very nice lookin JK
Unread 09-07-2013, 10:03 AM   #157
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Nice line up, can't wait to see the install of these. the camera really interests me for off-road use. I always worry I've miss a tree that I'm about to slam into when backing up on the trail.

[COLOR="red"][B]For Sale:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/jk-4dr-black-painted-hard-top-1000-a-1541186/"][COLOR="Blue"]2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/jkur-18-59-springs-shocks-1557427/"][COLOR="Purple"]JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks[/COLOR][/URL]

[SIZE="1"][B]97 TJ:[/B] daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
[B]98 TJ:[/B] Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
[B]06 LJ Rubicon:[/B] mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
[B]13 JKU Rubicon:[/B] Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs[/SIZE]
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2013, 05:37 PM   #158
David_M
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavasar View Post
Very nice lookin JK
Thank you for the compliment and stopping in to check out my build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy-Beast View Post
Nice line up, can't wait to see the install of these. the camera really interests me for off-road use. I always worry I've miss a tree that I'm about to slam into when backing up on the trail.
I'll get some pictures of the system installed. Sub boxes were built and installed by Custom Sounds here in San Antonio. They fit nicely under the rear seat. I NEVER fold down my rear seat and this location saves me from having to sacrifice valuable cargo space in back for a box. I would have much preferred 10" subs over the 8's but they sound amazing.

The rear camera is a must have in my book. Not only for on the trail as you mention. But, with the 37" spare tire you just can't see behind you at all. I always feared back up into or onto some that I didn't see.
Unread 10-08-2013, 02:46 PM   #159
David_M
2013 JK Wrangler 

So while doing some wheeling recently I noticed that my rear tires were rubbing on the leading edge of the pinch seam. I had already done some trimming and cycled the rear axle to verify no rubbing. I'm not exactly sure what could have happened but I need to tweak the lower control arm this weekend to clear the pinch seam. I have discussed this with a few people and the consciences is that if everything is symmetrical (which it is) just make adjustment and move on. I will keep a close eye on everything. I can not find anything damaged or otherwise that would cause the problem.

I have decided to go ahead with the hydro assist project. I decided to go with West Texas Offroad (Redneck Ram) package. The biggest reason for not using PSC is money. Their kit is more than double the price and I just can't justify it. I need to remove my stock gear box and ship it to them for modification. They quoted me 2-3 day turn around. No big deal to me as the Jeep is an extra vehicle for my wife and I. I do need to order an external cooler as one does not come with the kit and everyone I talk to say they are needed. I will start this project this weekend.

I have also been considering upgrading my lights. I was just going to start off with a set of Truck Lite's to replace stock head lights. I still plan to do this but in the mean time I found a pair of Ridgid Dually D2's with driving beams for a steal of a price. I couldn't pass it up so the headlight replacement will have to wait a while.

After getting under the Jeep and taking a close look around. It has become overwhelmingly apparent that I need to invest in some good underbody armor. I have been researching and like the River Raider kit. I love the belly up plate from Genright but do not wish to relocate my fuel tank. The other option is Nemesis Industries. They are currently only taking pre-orders but may be worth the wait. They have a great reputation for their products. I'll be making soem calls this week and try to make a decision soon. Any other recommendations I should be considering?

Thanks, David M
Unread 10-09-2013, 11:03 AM   #160
AngryTJ
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome looking JK. I cant wait to see how you like the hydro assist turning those tires

Tarantula_TJ Build

2015 Colorado Trip
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2013, 01:45 AM   #161
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_M View Post
So while doing some wheeling recently I noticed that my rear tires were rubbing on the leading edge of the pinch seam. I had already done some trimming and cycled the rear axle to verify no rubbing. I'm not exactly sure what could have happened but I need to tweak the lower control arm this weekend to clear the pinch seam. I have discussed this with a few people and the consciences is that if everything is symmetrical (which it is) just make adjustment and move on. I will keep a close eye on everything. I can not find anything damaged or otherwise that would cause the problem.

I have decided to go ahead with the hydro assist project. I decided to go with West Texas Offroad (Redneck Ram) package. The biggest reason for not using PSC is money. Their kit is more than double the price and I just can't justify it. I need to remove my stock gear box and ship it to them for modification. They quoted me 2-3 day turn around. No big deal to me as the Jeep is an extra vehicle for my wife and I. I do need to order an external cooler as one does not come with the kit and everyone I talk to say they are needed. I will start this project this weekend.

I have also been considering upgrading my lights. I was just going to start off with a set of Truck Lite's to replace stock head lights. I still plan to do this but in the mean time I found a pair of Ridgid Dually D2's with driving beams for a steal of a price. I couldn't pass it up so the headlight replacement will have to wait a while.

After getting under the Jeep and taking a close look around. It has become overwhelmingly apparent that I need to invest in some good underbody armor. I have been researching and like the River Raider kit. I love the belly up plate from Genright but do not wish to relocate my fuel tank. The other option is Nemesis Industries. They are currently only taking pre-orders but may be worth the wait. They have a great reputation for their products. I'll be making soem calls this week and try to make a decision soon. Any other recommendations I should be considering?

Thanks, David M
Really nice progress, bet it sounds good too. I'll be going to 37s at some time so will be following your progress and build of ram system with a lot of interest. I have the full River raider skid system and have abused it pretty heavily, I'd buy it again.

[COLOR="red"][B]For Sale:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/jk-4dr-black-painted-hard-top-1000-a-1541186/"][COLOR="Blue"]2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/jkur-18-59-springs-shocks-1557427/"][COLOR="Purple"]JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks[/COLOR][/URL]

[SIZE="1"][B]97 TJ:[/B] daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
[B]98 TJ:[/B] Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
[B]06 LJ Rubicon:[/B] mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
[B]13 JKU Rubicon:[/B] Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs[/SIZE]
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-14-2013, 01:04 PM   #162
David_M
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy-Beast View Post
Really nice progress, bet it sounds good too. I'll be going to 37s at some time so will be following your progress and build of ram system with a lot of interest. I have the full River raider skid system and have abused it pretty heavily, I'd buy it again.
Thanks! The new sound system is amazing, really surprised with the bass out of the two 8" subs. Regarding the River Raider skid system. I've not heard a bad thing about it from anyone. I'm just holding out to see what comes of the Nemesis Industries unit. I love the thought of potential weight savings going aluminum. All the weight is adding up...

For more info on Hydro Assist see link below.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f369/...ssist-1568395/

David M
Unread 10-14-2013, 01:07 PM   #163
David_M
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
Awesome looking JK. I cant wait to see how you like the hydro assist turning those tires
Thanks! I'm excited about the hydro assist. I am so tired of being in the rocks and the spotter saying "hard driver or hard passenger" only to have to reply "I can't". Hopefully, a thing of the past soon.
Unread 10-14-2013, 02:14 PM   #164
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Articrubi smashed his pretty good. Look into tnt customs as well.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2013, 07:51 PM   #165
David_M
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
Articrubi smashed his pretty good. Look into tnt customs as well.
Thanks for reminding me of that. I do remember reading his post and seeing the damage. I'll check into the TNT as well...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.