'12 JKU 1 Day build!!!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > '12 JKU 1 Day build!!!!!

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 12-11-2013, 08:14 AM   #1
jbeebe
1991 YJ Wrangler 

'12 JKU 1 Day build!!!!!

My brother and I both have yj's and our Dad bought a new '12 JKU off the showroom floor in 2011. He's put on about 15k miles and has gone wheeling with us a few times. He's starting to really get into it so he wanted to make his Jeep capable of the fun stuff (blue/mild black trails), without risking too much damage.

It took about 2 weeks to get most of the parts in:

Then my brother and I were set to install everything in 1 day. It ended up taking us 13 hours non-stop.

The mod's are:

2.5" Rock Krawler lift (disco's, adjustable front trac bar, bilstein shocks)
35" ProComp MT2's on ProComp 7036 rims

Skid Row Engine/Tranny Skid
Skid Row LCA skid plates
Riddler front diff cover
D30 knuckle gussets (done the next day)

Smittybilt front bumper
Q'tec 9500lb winch w/ synthetic line
Smittybilt rear bumper w/ swing-out
Smittybilt rocker guards

Rugged Ridge Exhaust extensions (needed on lifted 2012's+)
AEV Procal tuner to fix the tire pressure sensor and speedo

Little cosmetics like taillight and side marker light "guards".

Check it out!

Stock:

All three of our Jeeps:

And the big reveal....this is what's possible on a new JK after one day of hard work:

The next day D30 knuckle gussets were welded on. This is the only part we didn't do because we didn't trust our little mig.

Let me know what you guys think!

Also, in other news, coincidentally I have FS a lot of stock JK parts in perfect condition in Reading, PA. Let me know if you need anything.

Unread 12-11-2013, 08:35 AM   #2
c3js80

JKU Build

You guys did an awesome job! I have a TJ that I'd love to have look like that. Maybe one day...........
c3js80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.