10 years driving jeeps...finally got a rubi! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 10 years driving jeeps...finally got a rubi!

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 05-20-2011, 06:39 PM   #1
Jeepson33s
2003 TJ Wrangler 

10 years driving jeeps...finally got a rubi!

Hello all,

I have been a member here for quite some time but mostly being quiet and reading and seeking advice by using the search function. I got started with jeeps by getting a 1997 jeep wranger sport and loved it for almost 5 years (2001-2006). I got out of college and needed a more boss friendly car to take bosses and whoever to lunch without them getting dirt on their slack so i sold the TJ and got a 2002 Liberty Limited AWD which my soon to be wife (29 days and counting) enjoys driving back and fourth to work. The libby has seen dirt a few times but really helped having the 4WD and AWD this past winter as it was pretty rough here in Georgia. I needed a beater to drive back and forth to work so i got a 1996 2WD 5spd Cherokee which i still have and i drove that for the past two years. NOW i got a hefty raise at work so it was my time to get another wrangler to start playing with...in comes a 2003 Rubicon. Paid a fair price and it had no problems (had it checked by my mech before i signed for it). He said it had seen little to no offroad...but everything worked flawlessly which was a surprise.

Now i had something to play with but could not go crazy due to the wedding and the expenses that come along with it!

So...

2 sets of KC slimlites 1 set of fogs and one set of spots
1 set of replacement KC clear headlamps
Skid plate that goes from the TC to the front of the engine was already on...nice!
2 BFG MT KO2 as the previous owner had replaced the front two with them...BUT they were 285/75/16 so there was little clearance between the fender and the tire
Daystar 1.75 poly lift...not a fan but it works for now until after the wedding when i actually have money NOT flying out of my bank account!
3 sets of HID 4300k lights...i have always wanted to see what they looked like in the housing of the KC fogs, spots and headlights but when i had my 97, they were VERY costly and i didnt have the funds.

Installed the KC spots on the windshield and wired the HID kit under the cowl...i think they look great! VERY BRIGHT!!! I was surprised how good they performed compared to stock. I expected the light to scatter but i did my research and got the correct bulb (H3C not just the plain H3). Fogs work great as do the headlights. After june 18th is when the real mods will come forth...mainly suspension...but for now i hope yall enjoy the photos and cant wait to document the progress.

FYI...the poly lift was cake...the HID conversion took me MUCH longer to complete (3 hours compared to 16)

img_1136.jpg   img_1143.jpg   img_1159.jpg   img_1151.jpg   img_1163.jpg  

2003 Wrangler Rubicon Intense Blue- 4" Rough Country X-Series lift - Bilstein 5100 Shocks - Currie RockJock V-Bumper and Rock Crawler Rear bumper - Badlands 12K winch - Tom Woods DS - KC Slimlites - KC Headlight conversion with 4300K HID - 285/75/16 BFG MT KM2 on Rubicon Wheels

Last edited by Jeepson33s; 05-20-2011 at 06:45 PM.. Reason: pictures big...me no likey
Jeepson33s is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2011, 06:41 PM   #2
Jeepson33s
2003 TJ Wrangler 

aaaaaaaaaaaaaand i dont know how to size images...jeez. Fixing meow
2003 Wrangler Rubicon Intense Blue- 4" Rough Country X-Series lift - Bilstein 5100 Shocks - Currie RockJock V-Bumper and Rock Crawler Rear bumper - Badlands 12K winch - Tom Woods DS - KC Slimlites - KC Headlight conversion with 4300K HID - 285/75/16 BFG MT KM2 on Rubicon Wheels
Jeepson33s is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2011, 06:49 PM   #3
Mortalis5509
2004 TJ Wrangler 

That's a really sweet looking color. I don't believe I have seen that blue before. I have an 04 Rubi that's electric lime green.
Unread 05-20-2011, 08:42 PM   #4
Prryan45
2002 TJ Wrangler 

It is one beautiful Rubicon.
Prryan45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2011, 08:54 PM   #5
BrandonJames
1974 CJ5 

that is a sexy jeep, very nice looking blue.
BrandonJames is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.