1 year project build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 1 year project build

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 07-15-2014, 05:53 PM   #1
new2theg4me

1 year project build

Im looking to enter our local mud bog show next year. Its nothing major or really even that competitive. But I feel if I give myself a deadline and a budget to work with over the winter ill stay motivated to make this thing into a monster.
So to start. I have a 98 TJ sport. Currently lifted (I believe 4.5" with 33's on 15 inch rims. Now I want to lift it more and get larger tires. I also am looking into dropping in a new engine as well as all the necessary upgrades.

Now im not an expert. In fact this is going to be my first project but I do have alot of help with it. So its my chance to learn as well.

I cant seem to add any pictures becaus they are too large? So I will be posting some through a link shortly.

What I am really looking at is some recommended parts for all you experienced mudboggers and the order in which to do the upgrades. It runs great and would like to be able to.play with it in between upgrades and part swaps.

Will post updates and listen to suggestions as they come along.

new2theg4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2014, 08:35 AM   #2
84jeepcj7rock

I would suggest deciding how much horse power you plan on throwing at it. That will determine how strong the frame and drivetrain need to be. If you go big, that will probably change your lug pattern for wheels. Considering how fast the bogger comps are getting, I would think you would want to keep lift to a minimum. I don't do mud, but some things translate
84jeepcj7rock is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2014, 09:07 AM   #3
new2theg4me

I want maybe 350-400.

To be specific im looking at the 5.7L v8 hemi engine

Last edited by new2theg4me; 07-16-2014 at 09:26 AM..
new2theg4me is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.