Well I made slight progress this weekend:
-Test fit the gas tank and measured for the enclosure
-Finished shaping (grinding and beating with a hammer) the fender openings
(This was especially frustrating because there was a lot of bondo back there, which frequently caught fire when I would weld.)
-Final welded some misc. areas on the frame rails which I had missed earlier
-Filled in the wheel wells with some scrap green sheetmetal
Once it gets warmer out, I'll put seam sealer along all the joints.
I really want to put the axle in, but it's a lot easier to do all this stuff without it in there. So, once I finish the remaining frame touch-ups and gas tank supports, and put my fender flares on there; I will finally be able to move on to the front half of the Jeep!!
Now would also be a good time to get a new driveshaft, but it's not necessary.