06 Rubi Build...and stuff - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 06 Rubi Build...and stuff

TJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFIron Cross Customer JK and TJ Wrangler Bumpers now at ROCK

Unread 05-25-2012, 11:06 AM   #1
harrell79cj5
2006 TJ Wrangler 

06 Rubi Build...and stuff

I am copying this from another forum so some of the dates will be off.

Well I finally sold my CJ this past Friday (4/27) and now ready to do some work on the Rubi. The Rubi has a 4" Fabtech lift that was on it when I bought it. So far I got a new hinge pin and remounted the swingout tire carrier(as you can see it is about to fall off, and did break the rest of the way but didnt fall completely off), took off those chrome step bars, got 5 new tires and wheels, and got a winch plate and mounted my winch.

picture-002.jpg   photo-2.jpg  
harrell79cj5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2012, 11:11 AM   #2
harrell79cj5
2006 TJ Wrangler 

DIY Doors

I wanted to make some doors so when I get my soft top I will have half doors with 'Emergency' uppers. I want some doors in case I get caught in the rain or whatnot. We plan on taking some longer trips and all during the warmer months and want to be doorless/topless as much as possible but still need the option to have doors and the top up in case of rain. I am not a huge fan of the soft doors because they flap so much and are so expensive for what they are, so I decided to make myself some 'cheaper', lightweight, hard doors. I made the frames out of 1/2" EMT conduit, and the lower (half door) section is covered with 1/8" ABS (thanks to Ghost for the source) and the window portion is 1/16" lexan. The half door portion is great! With the windows installed it gets a little noisy at highways speeds, but I only plan on having those on if it is raining and such. I am making a rack that will go on the inside of my spare tire carrier to carry them, and making some kind of fabric covers for the windows so they dont get so scratched so bad I cant see out of them. I need to figure out something beter for weatherstripping the uppers, but this will do for now.
diy-doors-1.jpg   diy-doors-5.jpg   diy-doors-6.jpg   diy-doors-9.jpg   diy-doors-12.jpg  

diy-doors-15.jpg   diy-doors-16.jpg   diy-doors-13.jpg  
Unread 05-25-2012, 11:16 AM   #3
harrell79cj5
2006 TJ Wrangler 

New Stuff

Also installed a double cardan driveshaft and rear adjustable upper control arms (Rock Krawler) should be here the end of this week so I can get rid of these driveline vibrations! Since I sold my CJ I ordered some other stuff!

Supertop NX Softop
Bestop Instatrunk
Delta H4 Headlight conversion
Highlift Jack
Viair Portable compressor
Steering stabilizer
KC lights
and a few other odds and ends
I'm gonna have a guy in our club build me some sliders and do some cage add ons!

and Brown Santa Came!
brown-santa.jpg  
Unread 05-25-2012, 11:18 AM   #4
harrell79cj5
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Glock Box

I built a box to go below my seat to hold my pistol when it cant carry it in somewhere. It is all 1/8" steel. I also made a bolt blocker of sorts. I just finished it last night and need to look at the bolt blocker some more to make sure it is going to function correctly. My seat is the flip seat on the driver's side too so there isnt much room, but the box fits my G23 just right!
glock-box-006.jpg   glock-box-011.jpg   glock-box-012.jpg  
Unread 06-28-2012, 09:21 AM   #5
harrell79cj5
2006 TJ Wrangler 

DIY Spiderweb Shades

I made a sun shade/screen similar to the spiderweb shades. It was simple to make and cost about $35 in parts.
diy-spiderweb-shades-001.jpg   diy-spiderweb-shades-002.jpg   diy-spiderweb-shades-003.jpg   diy-spiderweb-shades-009.jpg  
Unread 06-28-2012, 09:24 AM   #6
harrell79cj5
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I also installed Delta Headlight conversions with Zenon bulbs. Much better than the stock candles! Bright white light not blue.

All of the bigger mods are put on hold for a little while, so just doing a few minor things along the way.
Unread 06-28-2012, 12:08 PM   #7
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Build looks good so far. I really like your homemade doors. Your reason behind making them were exactly why I bought some.... and my lack of skills. Anyways, you are really close to my favorite (and possibly only) ORV park in Louisiana. It is Catahoula Recreation park in Sicily Island, about 2 hours from Raymond. PM me if you want to go and I will try and tell you the next time I go. Keep up the build.
'87 MJ Comanche Chief - found in a field, now yard art
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2012, 09:41 PM   #8
harrell79cj5
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Rock lights! These are some bright little lights!
image-586962650.jpg   image-3837988841.jpg  
Unread 09-24-2012, 09:15 AM   #9
reichard117
2014 JK Wrangler 

love the OD .40! my dad has an OD g26 and g34 both 9s
jeep is looking great. i want a rubi!
reichard117 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2012, 10:07 AM   #10
harrell79cj5
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Drop Down Tailgate Conversion

I decided to convert my tailgate into a drop down style tailgate from the swingout factory style. I did this for a few reasons, 1) It is much more functional this way. Gives a built in work bench/place to sit. 2) My tire carrier has the ability to adjust the height of he hinge to allow for sag, but if i adjusted it up to where it needed to be I couldnt open my tailgate because the tailgate hinge would hit the top of the tire carrier hinge! It wasnt too difficult, but a little time consuming.
drop-down-tailgate-002.jpg   drop-down-tailgate-003.jpg   drop-down-tailgate-005.jpg   drop-down-tailgate-010.jpg   drop-down-tailgate-011.jpg  

drop-down-tailgate-012.jpg   drop-down-tailgate-016.jpg   drop-down-tailgate-018.jpg   drop-down-tailgate-019.jpg  
Unread 10-10-2012, 10:09 AM   #11
harrell79cj5
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Drop Down Tailgate Conversion

And a few more pictures...

Edit: I bought some replacement tailgate cables that work much better than the ones I had made. They ones I had made were slipping some and a little too long.
drop-down-tailgate-024.jpg   drop-down-tailgate-025.jpg   drop-down-tailgate-026.jpg   drop-down-tailgate-028.jpg   tire-carrier-002.jpg  

Unread 10-22-2012, 08:16 AM   #12
harrell79cj5
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Build Direction

I posted a few things I was wanting to do, but never really told a direction or what I was wanting to do. So here is a list of Mods(some will likely change) and my direction.

I plan for this jeep to be a daily driver for a long time. I want to be able to drive this jeep on trips for long distances, wheel some moderate trails and drive home with minimal damage! And be able to drive it every day to and from work(60 miles round trip). And it keep it riding/driving as good as it does now(which is very good, except the annoying vibrations from my other thread).

These mods will likely be done over the next two years(maybe sooner, but we will see:

Savvy Control Arms(have rear lowers and rock krawler rear uppers right now)
Currie Trac Bar
Currie Ultimate Steering
Rugged Ridge Steering Box Skid
Currie Bump Stops
Bilstein Shocks
Rocker Guards/Steps - Make my own
Undercover Fab Works Underbelly Skid
Novak Shifter
Savvy Corner Amor
Front Anti-Rock
Roll Cage - make my own
T&T Tube Fenders
Diff Covers - UCF
Savvy Gas Tank Skid
35 " tires (I like the KM2s I am running now, but we will see when the time comes)

Alot of the things I have done so far are somewhat inexpensive things that make it more comfortable for me to use my jeep for what I like, and drive it every day.

Tags
diy doors , diy spiderweb shades , diy underseat box , drop tailgate , rubi

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.