Rims/tires:
Stock moabs on MT/R 33's
Misc:
Sports cage of some kind

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
2/25/17:
I order a GENRIGHT bumper and Currie anti-rock from my previous project and never used them. Everything was gravy until it came time to remove the power steering pump skid. The installing shop installed a square nut with wielding wire!
Today I removed:
-front bumper
-front sway bar
-JKS discos
-Warn power steering pump skid

Attachments

#9 ·
If it seems like I am moving fast, I am. I have a ton of parts from my other build that I have lying around. Since my Gen-right bumper is off getting powder coated, i figure it was a great chance to install the anti-rock. I'm move than sure the sway bar isn't set up correctly but I'll take care of it this weekend.

Attachments

#13 ·
Still working on a copy of projects using mods from a previous jeep.

This weekend drilled the seatbelt lugs and prepared the cage for install and powder coating.

I also went to Jeeperformance in Yucipa California and talked over the plan for the rock jock 44.

Attachments

#14 ·
Finally picked up the Jeep from the garage last Thursday.
Currie rock jock 44 installed!!
JK 5.13 ring and pinon, 4 pin electric locker, custom front drive shaft due to JK pinon.

Reused my TJ 44 for the rear.
5.13s on the Rubicon locker with chromalloy axle shafts. I plan to upgrade to currie of dynatrac 60 in the rear next season.

Attachments

#16 ·
PSD Cage

Finally had the seatbelt bungs welded and the cage powder-coated 20% black.
In case anybody wants to know:
Cage-$1350
Bungs-$80
Welding bungs-$75
Powder coating-$350
Drilling material-$45
And its not even installed yet...so their could be more.

Besides the front axle single most important modification yet.

Attachments

#17 ·
Finally got around to installing the cage. I have to say, for being such a big install (physically), it was straight forward. PSD did a great job on their jig. I have two complaints
1- the windshield was a PITA to get lined up
2- i cannot get the drivers side windshield lock bolt screwed in

#23 ·
With increased tire size and my plans to eventually go wheeling I installed a transmission cooler from Derale. As you can see the title says "direct fit automatic transmission cooler"....that is only direct fit if you don't have long arms.
Currently in hour 5 of the install, I am really taking my time with the cooler, trying to make sure it will hold up to the test of time. I've had to modify both the return and feed lines in order to get the cooler mounted to the floor pan below the rear seat. Pictures to follow....

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.