05 LJ write-off build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 05 LJ write-off build

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-01-2014, 10:32 PM   #1
trentinator55
2005 LJ Wrangler 

05 LJ write-off build

So I picked up an 05 LJ back in spring and was fixing it on the side. Got hit hard in the front driver side corner. Buckled the control arms, bent the diff, destroyed the steering, tcase broke in half, front driveshaft bent, and tub got dented from the t case.
Then while it was sitting around mice found their way in there! Yuck! I cleaned it out and bed lined it!
It didn't look very pretty, but I wanted to try it! I finally sold my TJ a few weeks ago and now I'm serious about getting it fixed up! It's almost road ready. I just need to get the frame inspected, then a safety!
The plan is to drive it for a month and see how it is. Then build it up!!

Day 1

This week!!

I'll keep posting as things progress, which will be very soon!!
Haven't named it yet, I may need help with that.

trentinator55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2014, 08:54 PM   #2
trentinator55
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I have big plans for this Jeep, so today I ordered a unit that'll let me control almost anything electrical in the Jeep. compete with a remote programmable to do whatever I want! It's going to take some time, but hope to have it done in a month or two!

LJ is going for a Frame inspection tomorrow hopefully!
Unread 10-02-2014, 10:06 PM   #3
ItsTealNotBlue
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Good luck on frame inspection! from the 2nd pic i cant even tell it was ever wrecked. looking forward to seeing more!
ItsTealNotBlue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2014, 09:46 PM   #4
trentinator55
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsTealNotBlue View Post
Good luck on frame inspection! from the 2nd pic i cant even tell it was ever wrecked. looking forward to seeing more!
Thanks!!!!!

Passed the frame integrity!! So today I got it all ready for a safety today, needed a new O2 sensor, and a few small things (so far). I'll find out tomorrow after I send it in!

Decided to throw on the rear bumper I bought for my last TJ.

Unread 10-05-2014, 09:52 PM   #5
ItsTealNotBlue
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Congrats man! That's great! And that bumper looks great! Very beefy and clean looking. I wish it had a tire swing though
Unread 10-05-2014, 10:03 PM   #6
trentinator55
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Congrats man! That's great! And that bumper looks great! Very beefy and clean looking. I wish it had a tire swing though
Thanks man! I actually had the exact same one but with a carrier on my last TJ. It annoyed me how bouncy it was, because it's just a cheap eBay bumper. SO for this LJ I'm going to make a tub mounted carrier when my bender comes!!
Unread 10-06-2014, 03:23 PM   #7
trentinator55
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Almost passed the safety today! Just a few little things to fix up. Have to weld the exhaust a little better (bought a stock Tj exhaust), parking brake is sticking and no back up lights for some reason. Should be done tonight I'm hoping!!!
Unread 10-06-2014, 09:28 PM   #8
ItsTealNotBlue
1994 YJ Wrangler 

haha im glad i dont have to pass a safety inspection, my parking brake is 1st gear and if im on a steep hill its 4WL 1st gear. as for the reverse light check the plug on the trans, mine didnt work when i got my jeep and thats what it was. easy fix
Unread 10-06-2014, 09:46 PM   #9
trentinator55
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
haha im glad i dont have to pass a safety inspection, my parking brake is 1st gear and if im on a steep hill its 4WL 1st gear. as for the reverse light check the plug on the trans, mine didnt work when i got my jeep and thats what it was. easy fix
One brake was seized up, so that's working now! Then that switch needs replacing! So should be on the road Wednesday!!!!
Unread 10-07-2014, 01:08 PM   #10
trentinator55
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Got the LJ safetied and licensed!!!!!!!! Time to work out the kinks, then start the build!!!
Unread 11-05-2014, 05:57 PM   #11
trentinator55
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I ordered some tires today, and my temporary lift! I need new tires for winter, but, I'm also lifting it more in spring. So I figured out a way to make the new tires work stay tuned!!!!
Unread 11-24-2014, 06:07 PM   #12
trentinator55
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Put in the temporary lift today as well as some newer springs I had left over from my last Tj. Got a lot more lift and leveled it nicely. A few more things coming soon!
Unread 11-29-2014, 05:38 PM   #13
trentinator55
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Installed a 1 inch body lift and speedometer fix getting ready for the tires! Pictures coming soon!
Unread 11-30-2014, 09:16 PM   #14
trentinator55
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Here it is with the 1" Body lift and 31's with a bit of snow too I guess. New tires will be here tomorrow!!! So hopefully installed by the end of the week, well, most likely.

Unread 12-04-2014, 01:12 PM   #15
trentinator55
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Got the 35's on!!!! 2" BB 1" BL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.