05 lj - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 05 lj

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueBlack Friday SALE! Up to 20% off at Diode Dynamics!

Unread 07-30-2013, 08:20 PM   #31
andrewf09
2005 LJ Wrangler 

@J33PIN - Thanks for the tips. hopefully i'll have time this weekend to check everything. I've never adjusted the pinion angle before. Is it a hard to do?

@dayriesw - THanks. I thought I did. I changed the steering stabilizer from Rancho to OME and that seem to help for a while, then I changed the ball joints and that seem to help for a while. I also had my tires rebalanced and installed Rokmen upper control arms. I was also thinking about changing the front track bar and seeing if that would help. I'll do the dry steering test this week, hopefully I can figure this out.

andrewf09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2013, 08:53 AM   #32
J33PIN
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Easy to adjust if you have double adjustable upper or lower control arms, a little more difficult if you don't since you have to unbolt the CAs, adjust and bolt them back up and check again, but still a driveway mechanic job.

One thing to remember, extending the uppers lengthens the wheelbase and raises the pinion so it can cause some interference with the trackbar, gas tank, shocks, etc. You may not have any issues but its always better to check to make sure that you aren't banging anything after adjusting the angle by cycling the suspension.

Also, try to make sure you are adjusting each side by the exact same amount. 2 turns left side, 2 turns right side. Measure the length of each CA before and after to be sure you are adjusting by the same amount on each side. (if you're properly aligned they may not be exactly the same length in any case, and thats ok as long as the axle is square to the frame, and tension on the mounts is equal)

I have double adjustable uppers and lowers, so if I extend the uppers I shorten the lowers a little to compensate, and I never have to remove the arms to do it, just loosen the jam nuts, adjust the arm, and tighten them back up.

Or you can take it back to Evan. He's a great guy and can probably do it in about 30 min.
Savvy 3" lift, Currie Anti-rock swaybar, Nth Degree Tummy Tucker, Oil Pan Skid, Auto Trans Skid. 35x12.5 BFGs. Rockcrusher diff covers. Hanson Offroad front bumper. Besrk rear bumper/tire carrier. Metalcloak fenders/rockers/corners. Grizzly lockers, 4.88 gears. Superwinch EPi 9.0
J33PIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2013, 08:15 AM   #33
andrewf09
2005 LJ Wrangler 

New Poison Spyder BFH bumper.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
image-3098010478.jpg

Unread 08-05-2013, 08:21 AM   #34
Renegade88
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Jeep looks great man keep it up!

PanhandlePierFishing.com
Renegade88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2014, 07:24 AM   #35
andrewf09
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Just picked up the Currectlync Steering System. I hoping this fixes the front-end shaking.

I've never installed one of these. Are they hard to install?
challenger-001.jpg

Unread 02-15-2014, 08:16 AM   #36
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

It's pretty straight forward. Install everything loose at first.

Jeep-Owner.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2014, 02:53 PM   #37
andrewf09
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw
It's pretty straight forward. Install everything loose at first.
Can you install it with the wheels on the ground?
Unread 02-19-2014, 03:25 PM   #38
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I did that.

Jeep-Owner.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2014, 03:31 PM   #39
Lastshot
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewf09 View Post

Can you install it with the wheels on the ground?
I bet you can, but to do the alignment you're going to need to get the front tires off the ground
gily25 Says...
Issues only become problems when you don't have the tools or time to fix it.
Mike318 Says...
I like my 4.0L like I like my ****... stroked and blown. :duhrock:
Lastshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.