04 WJ DD/Weekend Warrior - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 04 WJ DD/Weekend Warrior

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 09-11-2014, 09:10 PM   #1
HollowSteve0
Steve-O

2004 WJ 

04 WJ DD/Weekend Warrior

Well... I figured I might as well start one of these so i can keep track of whats going on.

Little background. I've owned two XJs before this WJ. One was an 87 with 6" on 33s that I sold out of sheer stupidity. The next was a 90 that caught fire and burned up in the parking lot at work for some reason....

So I got the WJ in Jan of 2013 and it remained stock other than head lights and tail lights until July of this year when, after way too many beers, a buddy and I managed to install a 3" IRO kit with an adjustable track bar, 16x8 black JEGS d-windows, and some 265/70R16 GGAT2s

Mostly Stock

Head Lights

Tail Lights

Little Fun in the snow stock

And how she sits now

Little front yard flexing

Oh, and as you can see in the last two pics, I took the grille insert out and painted it black then threw a clear coat on it. I think it looks much better now.

Probably gonna keep it pretty mild cause I don't do a whole lot of wheeling (practically none as of now) but I hope to get out more in the future so we will see what happens from there.

MODS to come:
Addco Rear Sway Bar
Rear bumper with tire carrier
Front bumper/Grille Guard/Bull Bar (Undecided)
Sliders
CB
Roof Rack
Interior LED mod
Light Bar for roof
Train Horn
On Board Air
Exhaust (thinking IRO but I've heard theres a guy on here with some sweet deals?)
Intake (undecided)

and that'll probably be about it... for now
Just waiting on the $$$$

HollowSteve0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2014, 10:40 PM   #2
HollowSteve0
Steve-O

2004 WJ 

Well... I ordered the next slew of parts for Taylor.
List goes a little something like:
Stillen Rotors all the way around
Metal Matrix pads to match
Kolak 3" exhaust with magnaflow resonator and flowmaster series 70
Fawkes modular Bullbar relocation bracket with d-ring tabs
Bulbs for basic Interior LED light mod
JKS quick discos
KOR steering stabilizer relocation kit
KOR hard kor TB bushings
Energy Suspension sway bar bushings
Plan to install everything one weekend. Will probably do plugs, wires, etc. as well as tie rod ends while I've got everything apart. I'm afraid ill need a new caliper up front but we will just have to see when I get it all apart.
Just waiting for everything to come in to get it all installed. Ill put up pics and whatnot when its going on. Can you say stoked?
Unread 09-11-2014, 10:40 PM   #3
HollowSteve0
Steve-O

2004 WJ 

place holder 2
Unread 09-12-2014, 06:40 AM   #4
j.creepers
CJ7 

cool WJ, i have been using the 3" IRO for a little while on mine and was fantastic, great price/quality lift, it came with Doetsch tech shocks and the adjustable trac bar, love the stance of your WJ, did u put a locker on the back or running the stock quadradrive LSD?
j.creepers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2014, 08:02 PM   #5
HollowSteve0
Steve-O

2004 WJ 

Thanks! I haven't done any lockers or anything. The drivetrain is completely stock. I was thinking about regearing though seeing as how I've read the quadradrive struggles with 32s and thats about what im running.
Unread 10-09-2014, 09:50 PM   #6
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowSteve0 View Post
Thanks! I haven't done any lockers or anything. The drivetrain is completely stock. I was thinking about regearing though seeing as how I've read the quadradrive struggles with 32s and thats about what im running.
Love the jeep man! I really like the halo headlights, been thinking about them.

I ran 35's on my old WJ and it had the quadra-drive. 240k miles and it still worked like a charm, never had a problem in snow and it seemed to work way better than an open-open carrier jeep. You might be alright, 32s are significantly smaller than the 35s I ran so I think youll be ok with durability. Is it sluggish with the 4.7? I didnt notice too much of a difference before.

Anyways, nice clean build! Love it so far
Unread 10-10-2014, 10:51 AM   #7
jondoe297
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowSteve0 View Post
I was thinking about regearing though seeing as how I've read the quadradrive struggles with 32s and thats about what im running.
My Q-Drive is handling load range E 32's like a champ.
jondoe297 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2014, 10:23 PM   #8
Hami310
2004 WJ 

Exhaust

Dynomax makes an excellent cat back and it's less that 3 bills and it's a great roar and I hav the 4.0
Hami310 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2014, 10:26 PM   #9
Hami310
2004 WJ 

Lift kit

Did you do a new front driveshaft or a t case drop or nothing and please tell how it's drives on highway
Hami310 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2014, 07:44 PM   #10
HollowSteve0
Steve-O

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyJohn View Post
Love the jeep man! I really like the halo headlights, been thinking about them.

I ran 35's on my old WJ and it had the quadra-drive. 240k miles and it still worked like a charm, never had a problem in snow and it seemed to work way better than an open-open carrier jeep. You might be alright, 32s are significantly smaller than the 35s I ran so I think youll be ok with durability. Is it sluggish with the 4.7? I didnt notice too much of a difference before.

Anyways, nice clean build! Love it so far
Thanks man! You didn't regear with 35s? That's good news, Ill save that cash for a bit later into the build then. And I haven't had any problems with anything I've been through as of now just goin off of what I've read. But she doesn't seem sluggish at all to me. Really doesn't even feel like theres a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hami310 View Post
Dynomax makes an excellent cat back and it's less that 3 bills and it's a great roar and I hav the 4.0
Thats what I've heard, but I chose to go with Kolaks 3" system and a series 70 Flowmaster. Just waiting for it to come in so I can get it on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hami310 View Post
Did you do a new front driveshaft or a t case drop or nothing and please tell how it's drives on highway
I didn't do anything as far as a T-Case drop or changing driveshafts. And she rides great man. Had a little bit of death wobble at around 55 and hard bumps until I got the 32s on and got it aligned, but ever since then there hasn't been so much as a shimmy. Nice and smooth all the time
WJ Build Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.