03 WJ Limited Build----She needs a name! - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 03 WJ Limited Build----She needs a name!

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 11-27-2010, 10:22 PM   #46
badmatt
1990 XJ Cherokee 

I vote Iceland offroad flares and then you can do 35's

DO IT

matt

badmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2010, 01:23 AM   #47
rfjeeper

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrJ View Post
fiance named her this weekend. dubbed the dub "moneygrubbin HO"
Well that's close to money pit HAHA!!! good luck with her
rfjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2010, 05:02 AM   #48
-Shoey-
2003 KJ Liberty 

Niiiiiiiice dub.
USN Jeep Club #115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt.Fuzz View Post
On a 1-10 scale, I give it.... Tits.
-Shoey- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2010, 05:45 AM   #49
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfjeeper View Post
Well that's close to money pit HAHA!!! good luck with her
i told her that's what you suggested but she said we had to work the HO in there somewhere...

im gonna do wheel spacers and just go to 33's for now. got a local welder puttin a sweet bumper like moony's together for $500. i gotta get the bumper and spacers to clear the 33's. 35's is another $700 in shocks, coils, and god knows what else. i wanna get her some armor underneath first

It's a Jeep, it's not supposed to work right all the time.

Live in Florida? Check out Florida4x4.org!!!
mrJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2010, 01:09 PM   #50
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

whats word on the street on kevin's clayton belly skid?

Unread 11-30-2010, 01:51 PM   #51
SplitNail
1999 WJ 

Looks great man!! Hope you enjoy the grease. Let me know if you need anything else.

SplitNail is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2010, 08:44 PM   #52
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

alright guys. got a line on some iro 6.5" coils. tryin to pick them up later this week. after that comes...
2" backspacers
bilstein shocks
33" tyres

my shoes are startin to look a lil worn out, so tires need a highER priority. the lifts the number one thing right now bc i cant fit the tires comforably without it. should i just take the front bumper off and leave it off? im just waiting until i get everything else before i have the bumper made, but im torn bc the bumper's going to give me more clearance, but so will not having a front bumper at all until i have the money for the steel one. give me your input please...

Unread 12-06-2010, 12:14 AM   #53
rfjeeper

2007 JK Wrangler 

If you're gonna drive it on the street then i would'nt take front bumper off,sounds like a ticket waiting to happen,and probibly a hugh liability issue if you get in an accident,just cut what you have to on your stock bumper and maybe put coil spacers in for now.Not sure what your traffic laws are down there but i'm guessing it's against the law not to have a front bumper,just think you're opening up a can of worms with no bumper,just my 2 cents
rfjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2010, 02:38 AM   #54
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

ill ask around, but i dont see what the problem would be. this is land of the mud trucks down here. you see trucks with no bed, no bumpers, etc, etc down here. plus i could always play it off as "my new bumper's being built". i dunno. i'll do some research but i dont think having the front uncovered for a couple weeks will kill anything

Unread 12-06-2010, 06:47 PM   #55
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Wow man! Looks great! lots of mods! I need to lift mine badly!!!

What was the situation with the trunk light/tail light?

Sucks that your engine got messed up haha. Fixed from what I read?

I would still take the v8 over my i6 any day. (I can still squeal tires though, so it is not all bad )
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2010, 06:53 PM   #56
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

the new tailgate light's in the backseat. havent had time to work on her between weekend roadtrips, my fiance' gettin her gallbladder yanked out, and planning a possible move to NC. im gonna get around to it eventually. engine's fixed, and better than ever.

Unread 12-08-2010, 09:41 PM   #57
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

well, been heavily contemplating going to 6.5" or getting a bumper these past few days and i think im just gonna stay at 4.5" for now and build it up. im going on friday and payin on half a custom bumper that's based off of Moony's bumper's design. after that it's just the clayton belly skid from kor, disco's, maybe some diff covers from blue torch and riddler, and i'm set. unless i find a baller deal down here, im waiting until NC to get new tires, as Tire Medic - Your Source For New Tires Delivered!! has some killer prices on 285/70/17. i really like the Wild Country MTX and think it'll make a good tire for the mountains. it's just a tough decision...but ultimately i think 6.5" may be a little much for a DD....for now at least.

after the bumper i'm def upgrading my shocks to bilstein tho, im so sick of the superlift twintubes...what a joke. what size bump stops does everyone suggest? i dont wanna blow out my sweet new silver bullets

Unread 12-08-2010, 10:43 PM   #58
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

Wild Country MTX Mud Terrain

$207 each

Unread 12-09-2010, 03:22 PM   #59
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

So i went to my welder today and discussed the bumper and gave him a down payment of half. I'll put pics below, but it's basically molded off of moony's, with the lsr lower radiator support. the winch tray is going to be 1/4", the radiator support and hoop over the winch 1.5" tubing, the frame at 1/8", but i wasnt sure this was heavy enough so he's going to check the prices on 3/16". anyone? is 1/8" gonna be beefy enough to lean on? anyway, taking my bumper off tomorrow and gonna take the jeep up for him to get his measurements, etc and then take it back again next week for the final fitting. hope all goes well!!!

Unread 12-10-2010, 03:05 PM   #60
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

got quite a bit done today....changed the oil (mobil1 10w30 extended performance full syn) after 1800 miles since the head gasket change/fluid change/sea foam in the first tank after the gasket change, and one bottle in the last tank i ran dry before the oil change. when i drained it, it was a little darker than it should have been IMO, but that's what i wanted. i drove it the length and width of the state, so i was hoping to loosen some **** up in there; looks like it worked. when i went to the store to get my oil filter, i grabbed a couple cans of duplicolor spray on bed liner to try out on my sliders bc they were lookin a little haggard, and i had also planned on painting the new bumper with it bc of the good things ive heard on here about it....MAN was i impressed. i wont bore you with the preparation details, but it came out AWESOME! it looks like powdercoat with sand in it; pretty much sandpaper...no slippage here!

was checkin around, noticed the bolt for the rear sway bar link was missing, so i picked up a new one and fixed that...and then onto the bumper. just ripped that sucker off and then took it to the welder so he could get his measurements, pictures, etc. i'm going to have to leave it with him for a few days later on, but for now he's got his sketches...anyone wanna buy some foglights with headlight bulb upgrades?

on the pictures below, i circled the support that he's going to remove with the thin red circle, and the thick red is where he's going to try and trim some off for a more snug fit. anyhow, ask anything you want, and i'll put up more as i have it....

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.