03 WJ Limited Build----She needs a name! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 03 WJ Limited Build----She needs a name!

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 11-01-2010, 07:28 PM   #31
myjeeplovesmud
2004 WJ 

so whats wrong with the lamp you got then?

ZONE 4" Lift With 32" Duratracs
Hella Lighting - Rola Rack - KOR 3/4 Spacers
IRO Sliders - Rusty's Hooks - Cobra CB

MY BUILD THREAD
BAD TO THE BONE ZONE

November 2010 GCOTM
myjeeplovesmud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2010, 04:33 AM   #32
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

it doesnt put out any light. at all. my lightbrite's brighter

It's a Jeep, it's not supposed to work right all the time.

Live in Florida? Check out Florida4x4.org!!!
mrJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2010, 03:11 PM   #33
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

light's gone on hold, blew a head gasket, so i have to replace those next weekend. but hey, less than $500 for parts and labor is way better than $1000+. and im glad it happened now when i have the resources to do it myself than in 2 months when i'm living in NC with nothing.

Unread 11-09-2010, 08:22 AM   #34
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

****ty weekend. on top of my head gasket blowin and me freakin out over the money situation, my grandfather was hit walking across a parking lot by someone that wasn't paying attention while backing out of a parking space. his brain bled for about 24 hours and then the family decided to pull the plug. needless to say, repairing the jeep is really going to lift my spirits. praying that i dont need new heads, but contacted clearwater cylinder heads just in case i have to run down there and pick up 2 new heads on fri. this waiting is going to kill me.

on another note...what's "oil flush"? i understand i need to run it through after changing the gaskets? i got new oil, filter, coolant, and sea foam for the change, but didnt see anything called oil flush while i was getting everything else.

Unread 11-09-2010, 08:43 AM   #35
RobbyD
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Nice Grand Cherokee!
RobbyD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2010, 09:31 PM   #36
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

here's starting from yesterday...

just finished 9 hours under the hood....got everything out down to the heads today so all we have to do in the morning is go in and pop the heads off. good day of learning, but the guy that's doin it with me def knows what he's doing. started out with the plugs, and there wasnt any moisture on a single one, so we moved on to a compression test... but the tester we bought was bad (stupid harbor freight). borrowed one from the shop next door, and no leakage showed when we tested with all spark plugs out, fluid fills open, etc. so we just said **** it and started breakin her down. everything's been fine, no problems at all. from what i'm told, everything we've found so far is fine. (no milky oil, no water/coolant in oil, etc.)

i dont really have the money to get the heads re-done as preventative maint....should i let the jeep sit for another week and save money to have them re-done? the guy that's doing it with me is convinced that there's a crack between the water ports and that the coolant's burning off before it gets into the engine, so it shouldnt be that big of a deal...? what are your thoughts on this?

felpro...that's what i went with. got the gasket kit with new gaskets for everything, and duh new bolts. im not THAT green. anyway, i got some pics today, and i'll take more and post em to my build thread tomorrow and let ya'll know how it goes.

Unread 11-13-2010, 09:45 PM   #37
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

and today....

got the heads off easily first thing and sent them to a friend of the father in-law's machine shop to do just a pressure test and measuring bc they look killer clean. everything was good. found the problem and i'll post pics of everything tomorrow as my camera's at the shop save for one cell phone pic below...

there was a leak at a water port on the passenger side cylinder head, in the pics you can see the discoloration at the one spot where coolant was getting in and burning off. got the heads all cleaned and ready to install and took lunch. oh, also picked up new champion platinum plugs to install as well.

came back from lunch, started putting the drivers side head back in first, get to bolt #2, and...SNAP!!! i must've gotten a bad bolt bc that sum***** snapped right off. snapped right off nice and deep in the block too. luckily my bro in-law was there and pulled his tap out kit out of his tj. drilled her out, breathed a sigh of relief, and went to the auto parts store for an exchange and to rip them a new hole. so that's that. the father in-law is letting us stay in the shop monday and finish putting her back together so i can take her camping next weekend for my bday. anyway, here's the broken bolt via cellphone pic...

on another note...got the lights put together on the rack and had some wiring questions...here's pics first...

the disconnect i want to use for rack removal...

how do i wire that disconnect in? i ran both my light power wires to one, and both my grounds to one. i was going to ground the lights to a rack rail bolt...but can i run the ground to one wire and power to one on the disconnect, and then ground one of the wires coming out of the other end of the disconnect that stays attached to the jeep? let me know what you think about everything. i appreciate the input. oh, and ps...the pink duct tape was my fiance's touch, it'll prob be covered with black tomorrow.

Unread 11-14-2010, 07:59 AM   #38
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

pics from yesterday....

bro in-law's axles he's preppin for the tj...

Unread 11-14-2010, 09:53 AM   #39
rfjeeper

2007 JK Wrangler 

Look"s like the perfect name for your jeep (or any other jeep) would be MONEY PIT!!HAHA!!
rfjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2010, 11:33 AM   #40
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

nah. not too worried about it. and besides, after this ordeal, my fiance' promised to just buy me a new engine if anything else major happens. and it's not a pit...it's an "ongoing project"

Unread 11-17-2010, 04:49 PM   #41
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

she lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! changed oil, plugs, coolant. added seafoam, idled for about 45 minutes, and she purrrrrrrrred like a kitten the whole way home. goin to work on my rack light wiring now for camping friday!

on another note...

dear felpro,
during a recent head gasket change using all felpro gaskets and bolts, i was subjected to one (1) broken head bolt in the block that i was luckily able to tap out. i was also subjected to two(2) stretched/faulty valve cover gaskets. i got the joy of taking apart and re-assembling my engine 4 times in a 5 day period. i will never again use your products and you can suck me repeatedly...

Unread 11-17-2010, 04:51 PM   #42
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

oh, and let's get this HO a name. so far "money pit" is all ive heard

Unread 11-17-2010, 07:25 PM   #43
bigb229
1998 ZJ 

how bout "wiring issues" ?....haha..im kidding. did you ever get the cargo light swapped out? im not entirely sure on this..but i think you can just snip off the same wire on both of the connectors...and just run power through the connector and ground the lights out on the rack bolts...im almost positive that will work. but wire it before you cut the extra wires off the connectors just in case.
bigb229 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2010, 09:35 PM   #44
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

i got everything done tonight with the rack wiring. ran the grounds into the body between the doors, under the sills with self tapping screws. got the battery lead run and the relay. going to finish off running the wires to switch tomorrow after work.

bigb...got the tailgate light done, but it was a weak light. wires are run and waiting for a new light...but the head gasket shenanigan set me back in fundage as well as the fact that i havent had my jeep to work on for...damn, only a week; seems like forever. i may just stop on the way to camping friday at the trailer shop and pick one up to install in the tailgate once we get to the site. we'll see. here's a couple pics of the lights on the rack, and an *** shot...

Unread 11-27-2010, 09:53 PM   #45
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

fiance named her this weekend. dubbed the dub "moneygrubbin HO"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.