03' Rubikong - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 03' Rubikong

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 07-18-2011, 03:09 AM   #1
MarineForChrist
2003 TJ Wrangler 

03' Rubikong

The first photos are very bad. They were taken from a very old phone, sent to me via text, then to my computer via bluetooth. These were taken about three years ago when I first started on my jeep, "Rubikong". First, cut front fender wells and rear fender wells to fit, somewhat, 35" Procomp M/T. I used the AEV highlift template as a guide. I was impatient and didn't want to wait on the lift. This was in March of 2008. Much more done after this and will continue to post it, as I have the time to do so...

mar28_0001.jpg

mar28_0002.jpg

mar28_0003.jpg

mar28_0004.jpg

mar28_0005.jpg

MarineForChrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2011, 05:21 AM   #2
MarineForChrist
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Next, was the lift. I ordered a 4" Skyjacker Rock Ready lift with Hydro shocks and a Rusty's Offroad steering stabilizer at the same time. Unfortunately, I didn't take any photos after it was put on. Due to the need for welding skills in order to relocate the control arm brackets on the frame and my lack of skill with welding, I had someone put it on. I was, more or less a helping hand. A couple of years down the line, one deployment later, and Smittybilt SRC Front and Rear bumper with oversized tire carrier, Hella Optilux HID 4" lights, an optimum yellow top, 4.56 Yukon Gears (had them installed by local mechanic), replacement inner fender wells, and Warrior Product tube fender flares all around (don't like them and am going back to stock until I decide on something else), besttop sailcoth replacement top, bestop back seat, kenwood reciever, and kenwood speakers in soundbar and front dash, herculined inside, that's all I can remember and hope there's nothing I left out, all done on post-deployment leave ....
photo04041430_2.jpg   img_0012.jpg   img_0027.jpg   img_0029.jpg   img_0028.jpg  

Unread 07-18-2011, 05:41 AM   #3
MarineForChrist
2003 TJ Wrangler 

All this was done in December/January 2010/11. Next, fast-forwarding to June 2011 is the Smittybilt XRC-10, left and right blinker adapter kit for the fender flares with rubber grauments to fit the whole. I had to shave down the holes on the fender to fit the rubber graument which was a generic Chrysler graument from Advanced Auto....
img_0073.jpg   img_0072.jpg   img_0071.jpg   img_0070.jpg  
Unread 07-18-2011, 05:52 AM   #4
MarineForChrist
2003 TJ Wrangler 

The most recent modification/fix I made to my jeep was the rear shocks. Shortly before I went home on leave, my rear shocks blew out. Although, I had no clue until I got home because my family didn't tell me. My dad simply said, I don't like the way it rides because it feels like it's floating. I was like, "What are you talking about?" Then, I got home and new immediately why he said it. I was trying to order the shocks through a friend, Chris Hodges of Byron Tire Company. He's a really good dude and was letting me use his shop for free. Well, I paid him after I forced him to take 20 bones from me. Anyways, the guys on the other end wouldn't give my order the time of day (probably because I only wanted two MX-6's monotube and they wanted a big order), but who knows. I end it up using my regular supplier, 4WD. I called them to give them the measurements of the shocks and, to my surprise, after spending approx. $15,000 on parts from them, they tell me they offer military discounts. I about punched myself in the face....Anyways, the parts showed up a few days before I had to return to Japan. I installed them in the middle of the night because the next few days were booked with fishing, canoeing, and family time. So, no pictures, yet. But, when I PCS, which is here shortly, I'll take some and post them. The ProComp MX-6, monotube, adjustable shocks seemed to work awesome....JS

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.