After a trip to Superlift ORV park in Hot Springs, Arkansas over Memorial weekend this year, I found that I bent the left rear axleshaft. Seems those big 35" tires put more stress on those axles than I anticipated. Since it needed replacing, I decided to upgrade to Superior Chromoly shafts. Even though they cost more, I'm glad I upgraded. Now that I have the rear done, I'm anxious to replace the frone before I bend or break them out on the trail. I'll probably wait and do the front this winter or next spring.
During some routine maintenance this summer, I noticed a couple of tie rod end dust cover boots that needed replacing. The stealership wanted an arm and a leg for OEM replacement rubber boots. Since I plan to upgrade my tie rod and steering link next year to heavy duty Currie bars, and because I don't like getting raped by stealerships, I decide to replace the existing dust boots with some Energy Suspension poly boots. They were much cheaper ($4.00 for a set) and I believe the poly will outlast the rubber factory boots.
Thanks. I like both my front and rear ARB bumbers. I think I like the front better. The rear ARB with tire carrier is pretty expensive and over the years I've discovered others that are less expensive that are probably just as good. As far as other upgrades, I've got Chromoly shafts both front and rear, 4.88 R&P gears, swar bar disconnects, BDS Long Arm Suspension system, and had to put in a new rear locker this summer when I discovered I broke my factory OEM. I went with an ECTED electric for the replacement. In the summer I take the hard top off and run a BestTop Safari top and Duster. I have the wrap around Windjammer for the really cool days if I need it. I've invested in a PowerTank for airing up the tires and running impact tools if needed. In the next couple of months I'm going to upgrade the tie rod and drag link to a Currie heavy duty system. I also plan to put on some A to Z Rocksliders.