03 Rubi Build Thread - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 03 Rubi Build Thread

Save big with ExtremeTerrain.com's Top Spring Mods Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Restorations, Mild to Wild! CCOR

Unread 04-21-2010, 05:59 PM   #16
WtrHamer97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Very nice build so far. Real nice Rubi

Unread 04-21-2010, 09:30 PM   #17
dhodgee
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Looks Great!!! Can't wait to ride in it!!!

-Derek
dhodgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2010, 09:37 PM   #18
DezertTJ
Lost

2006 LJ Wrangler 

very nice rubi! i want your lift and tires! haha my 03 rubi will have it a long time from now
Unread 04-21-2010, 10:03 PM   #19
mikerzz
2003 TJ Wrangler 

your rubi looks great, hows the new suspension ride for you
Unread 04-22-2010, 12:08 AM   #20
Looney
2011 WK 

I love the look of that suspension. And those tires are beafy as h3ll.
Unread 10-06-2010, 06:43 AM   #21
rmoonks
2003 TJ Wrangler 

After a trip to Superlift ORV park in Hot Springs, Arkansas over Memorial weekend this year, I found that I bent the left rear axleshaft. Seems those big 35" tires put more stress on those axles than I anticipated. Since it needed replacing, I decided to upgrade to Superior Chromoly shafts. Even though they cost more, I'm glad I upgraded. Now that I have the rear done, I'm anxious to replace the frone before I bend or break them out on the trail. I'll probably wait and do the front this winter or next spring.
rmoonks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2010, 06:52 AM   #22
rmoonks
2003 TJ Wrangler 

During some routine maintenance this summer, I noticed a couple of tie rod end dust cover boots that needed replacing. The stealership wanted an arm and a leg for OEM replacement rubber boots. Since I plan to upgrade my tie rod and steering link next year to heavy duty Currie bars, and because I don't like getting raped by stealerships, I decide to replace the existing dust boots with some Energy Suspension poly boots. They were much cheaper ($4.00 for a set) and I believe the poly will outlast the rubber factory boots.
Unread 10-08-2010, 10:38 PM   #23
jlpowell

great work! keep it up!!
jlpowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 06:30 AM   #24
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

How do you like that ARB rear bumper? Nice rubicon any updates?
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 08:43 PM   #25
rmoonks
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks. I like both my front and rear ARB bumbers. I think I like the front better. The rear ARB with tire carrier is pretty expensive and over the years I've discovered others that are less expensive that are probably just as good. As far as other upgrades, I've got Chromoly shafts both front and rear, 4.88 R&P gears, swar bar disconnects, BDS Long Arm Suspension system, and had to put in a new rear locker this summer when I discovered I broke my factory OEM. I went with an ECTED electric for the replacement. In the summer I take the hard top off and run a BestTop Safari top and Duster. I have the wrap around Windjammer for the really cool days if I need it. I've invested in a PowerTank for airing up the tires and running impact tools if needed. In the next couple of months I'm going to upgrade the tie rod and drag link to a Currie heavy duty system. I also plan to put on some A to Z Rocksliders.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.