Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

02' WJ RE-Build

13K views 215 replies 13 participants last post by  robd2003 
#1 ·
Okay, on with another build or rebuild for the matter of another jeep. This one is a 2002 WJ Laredo <-Correct me if i spelled it wrong lol, anyways, I6 with 145,029 miles , 242, I believe a D35 in the rear, it has a CV joint at the t-case and a u-joint on the axle side. Tinted windows all around, aftermarket tail lights that are tinted, and is Dark Metallic Grey in color... Picked it up for $2,675(Sales tax included) from my part time job[Midwest Auto], A jeep salvage yard. Well the jeep had sat in the yard for a few months now and i decided I really wanted to get back into a WJ just for the simple fact we have our 1 month old riding in the back and the XJ seems to be a little crowded.

11-1-2011 Is the day I took possesion of this Jeep, and my birthday is 11-21, so maybe in 20 days ill be done with it and it will be a gift not only to me but to my wife. I know all this talk and not much about why it was only $2,6075. Just so happen this Jeep is wrecked, but it was hit above the frame rail in the center of the hood, and wiped out, well you know what is under the hood and above the crossmember, so all this is being replaced.

Pics of 11-1-11
Only two, but it gives you the idea of what I'm working with.

11-2-2011
Got off from work 3pm to 1am the day before and worked in the garage from 1 to about 2:45AM on the jeep getting things apart.

See less See more
#2 ·
Body:
1.)Hood
2.)Right Fender
3.)Grille
4.)Header Panel
5.)Upper Radiator Support
6.)Bumper Cover
7.)Headlights
Mechanical:
1.)Radiator
2.)Electric Cooling Fan BOUGHT
3.)A/C Condensor BOUGHT
4.)P/S Pump BOUGHT
5.)Air Intake Box BOUGHT
6.)Headlight wiring harness[The ones on the jeep are hacked up from the aftermarket headlights it DID have

Things to DO:
Oil Change
Air Filter
Diff Fluid Change
T-Case Fluid Change
Spark Plugs
Buy Coolant[Not sure if its green/red?]

Things Installed
SuperChips Programmer
Alternator
Air Intake

Wanted
2" BB and good quality smooth shocks
31x10.5R15 or something equivalent. i.e. 245/75r16, 265/75r16, 255/65r16 M/T or A/T
Or stay stock and fit the largest tire i can and still be happy with gearing :D

This Concludes 11-2-2011

#10 ·
Yay! I found it, well I didn't find it... But looks like a good plan! Should be a lot of fun and in the end be a great vehicle!

#11 ·
Going to pick up a new radiator for it. $134.xx after tax, 1800radiator is where im getting it. Whil im out of town i might try to source up some body parts and such for it a little cheaper at the pull a part places

#12 ·
Got the radiator from 1800radiator located in Evansville, IN. Scoured one of the junkyards in hope of finding an even cheaper hood and fender but no luck. Seems like my job is the only one around here who has a vast variety of jeeps. Looking to charge all my parts at work so i can finish this up this following week, so we'll see how that goes Tuesday when i stop by for a few.

Test fit the radiator and condensor, as I sort of thought, the front crossmember needs to be pulled out about 1"-1.5"? If that so looks like a big tree will com in handy again for this job. Just gonna pull it out enough to clear the condensor. Same thing happened on my 03' I had when i wrecked it.

Other good news, I still have a couple gallons of HOAT coolant from the 03' when it messed up, so I need to get some distilled water now.

#14 ·
Those look pretty sweet man! Decent price!

#15 ·
Yes, oh btw I might be getting the old 03' WJ back too, go tomorrow to talk to the owner of the car lot to work something out hopefully. Its still lifted and still has straight piped exhaust, and looks real good. 4.7HO ftw haha it will be the tow pig for one of the other jeeps i own. So thats in other good news. If they say no, we shall call it good and i wont have the payment next year.

#17 ·
Looks like they changed your lights and painted the bottom bumper...

#18 ·
Yeah they painted the bumpers hood, the lower rocker panels, and put new tires and tail lights on it. Ill find out here shortly on whether or not I'm getting it back.

#19 ·
Well it looks nice hahaha! How come you had to sell it originally? (Sorry I forget)

#20 ·
Baby, and no insurance at the time, and I had to let it go back. Tomorrow I stop by work to see if I can charge the rest of my parts and finish this rebuild in time to have some fun :D

#21 ·
Well no work on the wj tonight till work opens tomorrow, and then ill be working so, it wont be till tomorrow night if i get to bring home all the parts. Kinda sucks...

been thinking though, contacting icelandoffroad products to get just the mounting plate for the winch, build the sliders, and get a skid for the t-cas 2"-2.5" lift with 31x10.5r15

#22 ·
Yeah, priorities man!

#24 ·
robd2003 said:
Of course. picked up 2 KC lights, i believe 6" round. Traded couple of car 4x6" speakers for them.
Hahahaha. That's legit. I have a light obsession.

#27 ·
Yes, they didnt like the cut fender look. I also kept the dc-2's and have traded them for 33's for the cherokee bout a month or so ago.. if i knew i would of been getting a wj this year i would of kept the wheels, and made em fit :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.