02 TJ build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 02 TJ build

Steinjager TJ tube doorsJK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!JK Rear Adjustable Control Arms!

Unread 09-03-2013, 02:42 PM   #1
PeteTJeep
2002 TJ Wrangler 

02 TJ build

So I recently bought a TJ project jeep. It is not my DD and will almost exclusively be used to get me to the crawling/off roading site and back. It is the 4.0 sport with Automatic and Dana 44 rear end. The PO had put a 2" coil spacer lift on it with 30x10 on what I think are Rubicon wheels. They also had Smitty tube bumpers front and rear and the interior is rhino lined.

OK so now to what I have done to date.
I've removed the front bumper and replaced it with a Smitty stinger bumper and matching Smitty 8k lb winch. I cut off the ends of the lower tube on the rear bumper for a tapered look and because the jeep was hit from the back and had dented the lower tube.
I have installed an SYE kit and CV driveshaft and am halfway through installing a rough country 6" short arm suspension lift.
Things I am also in the process of doing include cutting out the muffler and cat and replacing with a high flow muffler, a cold air intake( not sure if I want to go snorkel route yet), 35" tires, and then of course some rock guards. This is a Florida Jeep but I may want to take it on a road trip at some point.

Future plans include a Dana 44 front axle. Upgraded axles front and rear. Lockers. Gears. 37" tires. That's all I have at the moment. Thanks for reading.

jeep-original.jpg

jeep-no-susp.jpg

jeep-bumpwinch.jpg

jeep-newsusp.jpg

jeep-rearsusp.jpg

jeep-pretires.jpg

Last edited by PeteTJeep; 09-07-2013 at 09:30 PM..
PeteTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 08:11 AM   #2
PeteTJeep
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Put on a used set of 315/75/16s yesterday so i could get it aligned. Dropping it off at the shop today so they can fine tune the suspension and hopefully fix the wicked DW I've developed.
tires.jpg

PeteTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.