Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

02 Budget build Titled "Slow and Steady"

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  j369fox 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok so Ive had my jeep for about a month and got tons of knowledge from all the info here and decided to become a full on member, and start modding my jeep slowly

The Jeep. 02 TJ 56k miles

Mods List: In my signature

Pics: One in my profile more coming very soon on this thread, At work now

background:

I purchased a 1998 ZJ from my parents in january this year for a beater/build
start looking into modding it and decided I wanted to get a TJ.

Wheeling: Taken out to Walker Valley twice now and absolutely love it, just getting my feet wet and have not done but a few light trails. Always been a car guy have had a vette, camaro ss and a typhoon ( I know not a car), and have never had this fun in a vehicle. I love just driving to work in it.

Ill do more later and post pics when i get off work...:cheers2:

See less See more
#2 ·
My Toy and Friends

Some pics of my jeep, from when we went to walker valley

Before I think

After

Trying to figure out how he is getting out this spot right in front of a cliff

I just like this one

Break time to look at the path ahead

the path

nothing to hard

My turn

coming down

more

just after i got through.

So this was my first time taking the jeep out. I know we didnt do anything hard but it was a blast! A lot real tight turns (one where we had to bounce off a tree trunk to push the jeep over just so we could get around it).

#4 ·
Thanks. I just got my full center console and the replacment lock for it. Waiting on the lock smith now to key it. My wife also just ordered the big boy seat brackett for me because I'm 6,3" and about 250 (It gets a little cramped after a bit) http://www.quadratec.com/products/24290_200.htm. Ive got a bad slipped disk in my back right now and i need the leg room to be comfortable. More pics to come soon

#5 ·
Intake

I just got my intake in today. I bought it used and got a new filter for it.

its the banks ram air setup. I dont expect to get any more miles per gallon out of this mod, but I want to do a full exhaust setup and rebuild the motor to a 4.6 liter stroker so I thought it would be useful then. Its a start and here are the pics from the install.

before i got into it

the stocker removed

installed

side view.

All in all i like how it looks and really like the sound it makes while accelerating. Ill be back when either i take it back out wheeling or do another mod to it. until then

Fox

#6 ·
I installed my softop for the first time yesterday, and put in my Misch big boy seat brackets. (pics soon) I also found out that i dont have a stock softop i have the bestop supertop. It is not designed for the full doors and doesnt use the door surrounds. I dont have half doors. maybe ill try to trade tops with someone.

#8 ·
New pics! and Misch Big Boy brackets

So here are some new pics

side view and softop installed. (I hate it with the full doors) Any one with the viking fastback top want to trade ? lol

front view

security trunk installed

brackets installed

other bracket

before and after view. passenger side is all the way back and the drivers isnt. lol

It ended up being that all the way back was a little too far. :cheers2:
Ive only driven about ten miles since the install and i love them. I recommend them to anyone who feels even a little cramped. it barely raises the seat up at all. See you all later

Fox :2thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.