'01 XJ poser pics - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > '01 XJ poser pics

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-25-2004, 11:05 AM   #1
MoabXJ

'01 XJ poser pics

Here’s my 2001 XJ Sport – 4.0L, AW4, NP231, Chrysler 8.25”.
My grandfather had identical Cherokees from 1984 to this 2001 – every year he’d trade it in for a new one after about 30,000 miles. I never really figured out why… always a Sport (or similar) model, white with a gray interior, 4WD, power windows & locks.

He took his Jeeps everywhere from Belize to New Zealand to the Arctic Circle, and I was fortunate to ride along often for the past 17 years. I inherited the XJ from him, so I have a really soft spot for it. It probably gets more TLC than 95% of kids in this country.

Here are a few pics from last month.

Mirror Lake, on the Continental Divide in the Rockies

Canon City, CO (I hate mud)

Access road to Onion Creek Trail in Moab, UT (XJ in front)

Pike’s Peak, CO

So far, in a 100% stock XJ, I’ve traversed Poison Spider Mesa, Steelbender, Moab Rim, most of Hell’s Revenge, Sevenmile Rim, Fins & Things (12 times), Porcupine Rim, Chicken Corners, Golden Spike (with a little rock stacking on the Golden Crack), and a couple dozen others I can’t remember… people are always surprised at how nimble and capable a stock XJ can be. Just us two XJs out on the trail, usually. Pulling out clueless tourists in abused rental TJs and posers in H2s is always fun.

I expect to add an OME 2" system, 30" BFG A/T KOs, and IPF H4s soon.

MoabXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2004, 02:47 PM   #2
00XJEric

Very nice man. And the scenery...WOW. I need to move out to the Colorado...there are no stinkin trails here in the east! My friend just put an OME suspension on his TJ and he loves it (and I want one).

Mud is fun....until you have to clean it off. I like it just because of the looks you get after playing in it!

04 VW GTi
99 Honda Civic Dx
00 XJ Sport - Sold =(
00XJEric is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2004, 04:54 PM   #3
red99tj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

seriously, beautiful pictures...wish we had that kinda scenery in MD
Unread 09-29-2004, 06:13 PM   #4
MoabXJ

Thanks! I need to load my Moab pictures for the past few years... much better scenery than these. I ahve one of the XJ flexed at the top of Fins 'n' Things with red fins and canyons visible for miles.

Here's another from Pike's Peak at about 9,000'. No clouds yet (like in the above pic, hehe).

Last edited by MoabXJ; 09-29-2004 at 06:33 PM..
Unread 10-09-2004, 12:23 AM   #5
AudioGuru

It has often been said that it's usually the Indian and not the arrow.

[COLOR=White]Don't lie. God said so.[/COLOR]
AudioGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2004, 12:27 AM   #6
balloo93
Little Red Menace

1993 XJ Cherokee 

Nice XJ, reminds me of my wife's old 01.

Scenery is great as well.

Specs in Profile.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/325707/1
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2406854/1
balloo93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2004, 04:54 PM   #7
MoabXJ

Here's my all-time favorite pic.

Here are some more pics. All are kinda crappy resolution, though. Oh well.

'98 ZJ - 2WD

Middle of nowhere in Kansas at 3AM!

Unread 10-27-2004, 09:19 PM   #8
conrasm
2000 TJ Wrangler 

9000 feet

Did you notice any power loss when running at 9000 feet with you XJ? I live in PA, so altitude isn't much of a problem. Just wondering if you have to do anything with the engine/fuel mixture at that altitude. Some of the best scenery shots I've ever seen! Nice job.
'07 Ram 1500 quad cab
Heritage Region Jeep Alliance
conrasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2004, 07:17 PM   #9
MoabXJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by conrasm
Did you notice any power loss when running at 9000 feet with you XJ? I live in PA, so altitude isn't much of a problem. Just wondering if you have to do anything with the engine/fuel mixture at that altitude. Some of the best scenery shots I've ever seen! Nice job.
Power decreased only slightly. Even with a full load of cargo and three people, the 4.0L had plenty of torque to lug us up the mountain. Of course, I wasn't trying to pass cars in top gear or anything, but I maintained a decent speed up steep grades with no difficulty.

Overall, it did better than the people on board. Once I got to the top (about 14,400ft), the Jeep was doing great but I was dizzy and nauseous.

In the past, I've made the trek towing a 2200lb camper. That required a few stops along the way - it never overheated and has a tranny cooler, but just in case. Same with the ZJ.
Unread 11-07-2004, 04:54 PM   #10
bigAL97TJ

beautiful scenery!
bigAL97TJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.