'00 Xj Sport Daily Driver Build Thread - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > '00 Xj Sport Daily Driver Build Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 11-22-2009, 08:35 PM   #1
Smittyman
2000 XJ Cherokee 

'00 Xj Sport Daily Driver Build Thread

My Jeep

2000 Jeep Cherokee 4x4
Inline 6 4.0
Dana 30 Front
Chrysler 8.25 Rear
NP231 Transfer Case
Bought in February of 2009 with 118,000 Miles

To start off... it's not getting crazy right off the bat. Working part time payin' for everything (including Jeep) and going to school full time With that said... I LOVE my Jeep. These are pics when I first got the Jeep. Within a month I was taking this thing off of the beaten path. I didn't even have the license plate yet... rocking the drive-out tag!

Doin a little hill climb

My Xj and my bud's 99WJ. Both bone stock. Well, I added an Australian license plate to the front. From my first car. Kinda a tradition thing.

Tearin' up the trail in 2WD. Kinda fun to slide around

Jeep playin in the mud. I also took of the chrome hubcaps. I don't even see the point...

One thing that got me about the Jeep is the color

Future Plans
-3"-4" lift with full leaf packs

-Jcr Stage 1 Front Bumper

-Rock Sliders

-Beefy Rear Bumper (Hitch? I need one...)

-31" BFG's A/T or M/T

-Yakima Roof Rack, putting my 4 lights on top

-Homemade Quick Disco's

-10" Sub in useless pocket in back (You know where)

-Many many more

Last edited by Smittyman; 11-23-2009 at 11:30 PM..
Smittyman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2009, 09:09 PM   #2
Smittyman
2000 XJ Cherokee 

After some hard thinking and debating, My Jeep's name is Jewel

One of the first things I did was put a CB in - Go Cobra!

Got a magnetic antenna. This thing is crazy, hasn't fallen or moved since.

Put my dad's goodluck charm in the Jeep hanging from the mirror. Saint Michael - Patron Saint of military and police personnel. Also thought to protect travelers.
RIP Dad

Something I realized real fast... exhaust hangs too low...

Last edited by Smittyman; 11-22-2009 at 10:39 PM..
Smittyman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2009, 09:16 PM   #3
99XJon
1999 XJ Cherokee 

nice xj bud! I just put in the exact same cb in the same location! Im digging the vent shades as well...i have always liked them, but i have never seen one over the rear hatch like you have. Any info on those?
99XJon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2009, 09:20 PM   #4
Smittyman
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Being an Eagle Scout and Assistant Scoutmaster in a Boy Scout Troop... I have been camping a ton. It's also a big reason why I chose Jeep. And an Xj. These pics are from a campout with my crew. Needless to say... we had some fun while there. It's not illegal wheeling, no worries.

The lake normally sits up this high... but... it wasn't at the time. Made for some soft soft mud

Driving white knuckle through the trees

Windows down through the mudhole...never again.

Had to get a poser pic at the campsite

Why I love my Xj - Cargo room

The road to camp. I love this picture
Unread 11-22-2009, 09:27 PM   #5
Smittyman
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99XJon View Post
nice xj bud! I just put in the exact same cb in the same location! Im digging the vent shades as well...i have always liked them, but i have never seen one over the rear hatch like you have. Any info on those?
At first it looks like the CB location would be kinda awkward, but I like it. The shades are so handy. I can crack my windows during the rain if my windows are fogging up... and not get soaked Sadly though... I have no info on the shade on the rear. It was on the Jeep when I got it. I'll check to see if there is a small symbol or something to give a brand name. I'll get back to ya
Unread 11-22-2009, 09:39 PM   #6
99XJon
1999 XJ Cherokee 

ya the cb location is nice. The only problem i have encountered is that the first time i mounted it got in the way of the glove box, so i had to move it a tad

oh and by the way Eagle Scout FTW
99XJon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2009, 09:47 PM   #7
srmitchell
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Nice rig!

Looks like mine, a while back!

Get some husky liners, they're great for mud, and stuff you bring in with your feet.
srmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2009, 10:01 PM   #8
Smittyman
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I got 2 Yakima Roof Rack Bars from a fellow Scoutmaster for my favorite price FREE! And it's Yakima... so it's worth an arms and a leg.

Soon after the bars went up on the roof, I added a front bar from PVC Pipe. Painted it black, and got the bent pipe pieces to connect to the Yakima bars.

Once all the bars were in place I added 4 rectangular offroad lights. They're Sylvania and the kit is at Advanced Auto. Not the strongest lights, but hey... I got 4 of them. They light up the night!

I made this little air dam for it too. Pretty sweet set-up... but it didn't hold the paint, so I took it off. Looked cool at the time though. The reason I made the air dam because one from Yakima is $60... for sheet metal? I'll pass.

I've had the lights and the bars set-up for about 6 months now. No problems. The PVC Pipe hasn't sagged or bowed or anything, surprisingly. Had to replace the light's fuses once. Crossed the wires... A lot of times I think people gets lights just to make their rig look more official. But I've actually had to use these lights. I was surprised how many times my crew and I ended up out in the middle of nowhere wheelin' at night.
Unread 11-22-2009, 10:04 PM   #9
Smittyman
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99XJon View Post
ya the cb location is nice. The only problem i have encountered is that the first time i mounted it got in the way of the glove box, so i had to move it a tad

oh and by the way Eagle Scout FTW
Haha!! Same here! Mounted it in and everything. Went a couple days (thinking where's that iPod...) open the glovebox and boom. Lol. Just had to move the bracket.

And thanks on the Eagle Scout!
Unread 11-22-2009, 10:06 PM   #10
Smittyman
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by srmitchell View Post
Nice rig!

Looks like mine, a while back!

Get some husky liners, they're great for mud, and stuff you bring in with your feet.
I've checked out your Xj before, very nice ride!

And yea, my Jeep came with horrible clear floor mats. Horrible. Haha. They didn't last long. I've been meaning to get some good ones!
Unread 11-22-2009, 10:12 PM   #11
Martinsc
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittyman View Post

]
I have that exact same hamburger cooker. Great thing to have for camping. Nice Jeep By the way.
Martinsc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2009, 10:27 PM   #12
Smittyman
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Forgot to throw this picture in. Incredible. And fun!

And this! First flex attempt.

Since my crew and I got more and more into offroading... we kept getting more and more guys involved

Unread 11-22-2009, 10:31 PM   #13
Smittyman
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinsc View Post
I have that exact same hamburger cooker. Great thing to have for camping. Nice Jeep By the way.
Oh I know! Something so simple, but it's a great cooking tool! I've cooked hotdogs, hamburgers, hash browns, sausage, etc.
Unread 11-22-2009, 11:22 PM   #14
Smittyman
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Tires!

Well thanks to a great friend... I got hammy down 31's! 31x10.50 BFG A/T's! Tread was pretty worn... but hey! The tires I currently had were more bald.
So I went from bald 225/75/15's to 31x10.50's! Lets just say... my Jeep was improved significantly! Looks, ground clearance, traction, etc. These are from the night they were put on.

It was such a great shoot! Tell me what you think

My crew and I did some extensive research about fitting 31's on a stock Xj before we did. A lot of people said I wouldn't even be able to go down the road without rubbing. Well guess what. I can. Haha. If I have 4 people in the Jeep and gear in the back, I rub a little in the rear. My leafs are worn (plus a busted shock right now). If I turn the wheel all the way, it rubs the control arms. So I don't turn the wheels as sharp. I took a Dremel tool to clear up the plastic molding in back that it was rubbing on. So good so far. I love my 31's I've been asked many times what lift I have That's a compliment
Unread 11-23-2009, 10:50 PM   #15
Smittyman
2000 XJ Cherokee 

My Xj doing it's thing. Trip in the Great Smokey Mountains.

Jeep Use #47 - Picnic Table

Pilot

Pilot & CoPilot

Jewel in the Mountains

All cleaned up

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.