Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Body > Roof Racks & Cargo Areas > Rola Roof Rack 59504

Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Rola Roof Rack 59504 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Roof Racks & Cargo Areas Next Product

Rola Roof Rack 59504

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $150.00
Average Price: $160.09
Manufacturer: Rola
Recommended?
Yes: 10 / No: 0

Rola roof rack.
www.bsaohio.com
$150.00 shipped

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

GC10LTD
GC10LTD's Reviews
03-18-2014, 10:43 AM
Price: $201.87
Pros: Strong contruction, Lightweight for it's size
Cons: Rusts at connection points and around hardware that secures the rack together, sits high off the roof.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The ROLA Vortex Rack is a descent rack for the price, and it has a strong construction. However, it started to rust at the connection points on both sides of the rack and along some edges of the welds. The hardware that secures the rack together began to rust about 3 weeks after receiving it. These problems can be resolved and prevented by either welding the connections together or using some silicone to seal the seam where the rack comes together. It also can be prevented by using some spray on bedliner and coating the whole rack with it. Its what I ended up doing and I've had no issues with rust since then.

I also modified how high the rack sits up off my jeep by replacing my roof rails knobs with some 6mm hex bolts with washers and rather than mounting the hardware like it shows in the instructions, I flipped it upside down and mounted it that way. It made the rack suit about 1.5" lower and it is much quieter going down the road. It also increased fuel economy by 1.2 MPG.

BillyZim
BillyZim's Reviews
07-31-2012, 12:29 AM
Price: $130.00
Pros: Holds stuff.
Cons: wind drag.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Looks good on a WK.

jragan89
jragan89's Reviews
05-24-2012, 02:05 AM
Price: $170.00
Pros: adds cargo space to roof
Cons: makes your jeep a flying brick
Recommended? Yes

Comments: a good product, comes in 2 large pieces with brackets to secure to roofs cross rails. easy install. saw a decrees in MPG

tcody22
tcody22's Reviews
03-02-2012, 02:52 PM
Price: $170.00
Pros: Looks awesome easy to assemble
Cons: nothing
Recommended? Yes

Comments: awesome

S1L3NT_WH33L3R
S1L3NT_WH33L3R's Reviews
02-03-2011, 05:19 AM
Price: $209.00
Pros: Looks good
Cons: comes in 2 pieces
Recommended? Yes

Comments: it looks good and takes care of what i need it to

ZJJay

ZJJay's Reviews
04-23-2010, 06:19 PM
Price: $160.00
Pros: Very good value, many cross bars make a sturdy floor and lots of places to hook ratchet straps.
Cons: Made of steel so if the powder coating gets scratched it could rust; the four tiny screws that secure the two halves together are inadequate (I replaced them with larger rivets and extra rivets); all of the cross bars make lots of wind noise; no brackets available for lights, jacks, shovels, etc. (KC has brackets that will fit.); the U-bolts that attach to the factory cross bars stick up past the floor (I had to cut 1/2" off of each one.).
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Although the ROLA roof rack is not perfect, it's a good value. It's so easy to install I take it off when I don't need it. I recently used it to carry an extra tire plus two gas cans. Very easy to tie things down. It's smaller than other racks, so if you need lots of room look at Surco or some of the others.

Xtreme_ZJ
Xtreme_ZJ's Reviews

11-12-2009, 05:02 PM
Pros: Looks Great, Easy Install, Well Built and Sturdy.
Cons: Little Bit small once you mount your Spare up there.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Really Good considering the Price.

metalmeister
metalmeister's Reviews
10-29-2009, 02:12 AM
Pros: Cheap and easy.
Cons: Not the most secure mounting system.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Actually, I think I have the older model of this one, but it's not listed.

I have no complaints, really. For the price, it sure beats $300+ for a Yakima. The basket isn't the sturdiest, but still rated at 125 lb. capacity. It's a decent size, and still fits perfectly behind my sun roof. The mounting to the stock crossbars seems a bit cheesy, but it doesn't move around or vibrate, and hangs on with a full load.

silver60th
silver60th's Reviews

10-22-2009, 10:41 AM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Built well, not too big, very sturdy. For the price this is the best option out there IMO. I have carried a mini fridge and a bike up there with no problems whatsoever.
Cons: Not too big...for those that have a full roof rack (read 97-down cherokee) this will only cover about 2/3 of the roof.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This roof rack has held up great over the past 3 months. When you buy it, it will come to your door in 2 pieces: the front and the back half. They bolt together in the middle (not the greatest design idea but here it works). The fairing gets screwed onto the front with 4 self-tapping screws.

DO NOT EXPECT THIS RACK TO COME ASSEMBLED. You will need a screw driver at the very least to get it all screwed together.

The fairing included with the rack works very well, and I haven't heard any sort of whistling when driving on the highway. Also, my gas mileage hasn't changed with the use of the rack; at least, not until I load it up with a mini-fridge.

Overall this rack is a great, cheap, durable product that will last for many years. Just be sure to keep an eye on the powdercoating to make sure that it doesn't get beat off and rust.

If anyone wants to see a picture of this rack mounted, send me a PM.

mph870
mph870's Reviews

07-24-2008, 11:32 AM
Rola Roof Rack 59504
Price: $150.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great fit and looks good IMO. Deflector greatly reduces wind noise is only barely noticable at times.