Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Body > Exterior Accessories > Warrior Products - Warrior Products Hi Lift Hood Hinge Mounts

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Warrior Products - Warrior Products Hi Lift Hood Hinge Mounts Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Exterior Accessories Next Product

Warrior Products - Warrior Products Hi Lift Hood Hinge Mounts

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating: None

Product Information

MSRP: $99.99
Manufacturer: Warrior Products
Company Website: http://www.warriorproducts.com/catalog/07-12-jeep-wrangler-jk/brackets/hi-lift-hood-hinge-brackets/

This is relating to the product for the 07-12 JK's, not the same named product for the TJ's or YJ's.

Well, these things are a mess. They mount directly over the top of the hood hinges, the bolt holes line up well, and they do hold a jack securely. Unfortunately, what they don't do is allow you to use your windshield sprayer. The jack can only be mounted one way (with the handle towards the windshield). If you mount the jack the other way the "toe" of the jack will dent your cowl (no, I didn't do this...I saw that it was likely and checked while very carefully lifting the hood).

Even mounted with the handle away from your windshield (which wouldn't allow you to open your hood all the way) the jack would block about 90% of your windshield spray. Mounted the correct way (with the handle towards the windshield) blocks 100% of the spray.

I would have assumed that someone would have tested this on a Jeep at the manufacturer before deciding to sell the product. Honestly, as soon as I mounted the jack to it, it was the first thing I noticed and decided to test.

Simple answer: Do NOT buy this product unless you intend to relocate your windshield sprayer to somewhere closer up to the windshield (definitely not worth that level of effort IMHO).

-10 rating overall in my book.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review