Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Body > Exterior Accessories > Rugged Ridge Rugged Ridge Mirror Relocation Brackets (Black) 97-02 Jeep TJ 11025.02

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Rugged Ridge Rugged Ridge Mirror Relocation Brackets (Black) 97-02 Jeep TJ 11025.02 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Exterior Accessories Next Product

Rugged Ridge Rugged Ridge Mirror Relocation Brackets (Black) 97-02 Jeep TJ 11025.02

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $22.00
Average Price: $27.62
Manufacturer: Rugged Ridge
Recommended?
Yes: 4 / No: 0

Rugged Ridge Mirror Relocation Brackets (Black) 97-02 Jeep TJ 11025.02

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

bciocco
bciocco's Reviews

05-26-2011, 08:31 PM
Price: $28.52
Pros: They relocate the mirrors. They seem to have a good finish on them.
Cons: No instructions Mirrors are no longer spring mounted to swing out of the way. Could have used another washer for each side. Plugs or screws to fill the holes left in the doors would have been nice. Unable to use passenger mirror with the doors on. Door limits need to be shortened to use these with the doors on.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: For under $30 this is a pretty good solution for running mirrors with the doors off. I don't need mirrors to be legal, but they are convenient, especially when trailering my boat.
Installation was pretty straightforward. Instructions would have been helpful in discerning whether to put the washer on the top or the bottom. I put the black one on the top and bought a standard 3/8 washer to go on the bottom.
I purchased some 1/4 inch stainless screws to go in the hole left in the door after removing the OEM bracket. You don't need to remove the OEM bracket. I just thought it looked neater without a superfluous bracket hanging on the door. The stainless screws and the washers were less than $2 at True Value.
All in all, it is a good option. But there are some tradeoffs. I didn't want spend a lot of money and I also didn't want to have to install mirrors in the hinge holes every time I took the doors off. I think this was a pretty good decision.

williamwells8
williamwells8's Reviews
10-17-2010, 09:55 PM
Price: $20.00
Pros: moved mirror
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: moved mirror to frame so i can take doors off. roll tide roll

robbyb413
robbyb413's Reviews

09-22-2008, 02:07 PM
Rugged Ridge Rugged Ridge Mirror Relocation Brackets (Black) 97-02 Jeep TJ 11025.02
Price: $22.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love these because I can keep the doors off my jeep but keep the mirrors on for safety reasons. Looks very OEM, installed in seconds.

Everything you hear is true about visibility with the top on - I've had them on there with half doors and full doors, and with them on there is very limited use of the passenger side mirror.

FYI - when removing the bolts below the windshield to install this I broke my torx bit, so be sure to ease the install by hitting the bolts with some PBBLaster the night before, or have an extra bit handy!