post #1 of Old 03-04-2011, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
OZFive
1998 TJ Wrangler 

This special convex glass mirror gives you extra side visibility with dual focal points: one regular mirror view on the upper half of the mirror and a convex “items are closer than they appear” view on the bottom of the mirror. No more need for those clumsy “pancake” convex mirrors that keep on falling off in car washes!

1998 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Black w/ Spice Sahara Interior & Black Soft top.
Is my first Jeep!
My "build?" thread.
post #2 of Old 03-04-2011, 11:43 AM Thread Starter
OZFive
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Nothing really to say other than they are good mirrors.
post #3 of Old 06-20-2011, 10:51 AM
rcharlier
1999 TJ Wrangler 

After nine months installed in Michigan (September through June), the powder coat is chipping off of my passenger mirror. Two large quarter-sized pieces were bubbled and then flaked off when I washed my Jeep this weekend.

Another small thing, the chrome bolts to hold the mirrors in started rusting. I should have re-used the black bolts that were on there in the first place.

Also, the dual-focus mirror isn't worth the extra $$$. The bottom inch or two of the mirror has a different focus angle. I have not noticed any usable advantage to this. (Maybe I'm too tall to get the right angle).

Checking the warranty to see if I can have them replaced.