Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Body > Exterior Accessories > Rotopax - Rotopax liquid containers

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Rotopax - Rotopax liquid containers Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Exterior Accessories Next Product

Rotopax - Rotopax liquid containers

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating: None

Product Information

MSRP: $116.00
Manufacturer: Rotopax
Company Website: http://www.rotopax.com

Wanted a spare gas jug, but didn't want one hanging off the back of the Jeep, and didn't want fumes inside since I tend to enjoy a cigar while crawling over stuff. Rotopax was the answer. This one is the two gallon unit and price listed included their locking mount.

I cut two 14.5" strips of 2" wide 1/8" steel and bolted the mount to those. I ground off the excess bolt on the back of the mount so it would sit flush to the tailgate (remaining bolt and nut fit into the middle indention in the tailgate). Then predrilled mount holes in the stripes, sprayed it black and attached it to the tailgate with self tapping sheet metal screws. I know, the strips aren't straight, but the tank is. Tailgate opens and closes like normal and if you still have the connection cover on the passenger side of your tailgate, the 2-gallon still fits between that and the latch cover.

Works great, no leaks, no fumes, and it's secure so it shouldn't walk off or bounce around. Great product, but they are pricey!

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.