Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Body > Exterior Accessories > Olympic Olympic 4X4 Products Xtreme Duty Tire Carrier

NEW Smittybilt Gen 2 9.5 winch at JeepHut.comEnd of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Olympic Olympic 4X4 Products Xtreme Duty Tire Carrier Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Exterior Accessories Next Product

Olympic Olympic 4X4 Products Xtreme Duty Tire Carrier

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $80.00
Average Price: $120.70
Manufacturer: Olympic
Recommended?
Yes: 4 / No: 1

Extends the spare tire outwards and up by two inches to allow proper fitment of larger tires up to 37” diameter. Constructed from 1/4” steel plate, these tire carriers bolt directly to the tailgate or an Olympic Tire Swing. Fits Cherokee XJ only when used with the correct Tire Swing Out. Kits include wheel studs and are machined to handle both 5x4.5” and 5x 5.5” wheel patterns. Available in Rubicon Black powder coated finish.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

ericjeepguy
ericjeepguy's Reviews

03-17-2012, 07:13 PM
Price: $99.00
Pros: Won't self destroy like O.E.M Tire Mount on tailgate.
Cons: u need to know if u want there H.D Tire Mount or there Extended mount , it is ez to get confused.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: At first I wasn't happy, I order the less expensive one and than latter learned the one I needed was what they refer to as their 708-Extended H.D. Tire Mount.
I'm the new guy here so i don't want to come off as a know it all but anyone who thinks Rugged Ridge is the same as Olympic need some geography lessons.
I buy U.S. made and I know Rugged Ridge is imported. So u decide what kind of future u want? Maybe just us old guys get it?

Md_06Unltd

Md_06Unltd's Reviews

12-31-2011, 12:21 AM
Price: $80.00
Pros: Extends out 2 inches
Cons: You need a Press to insert the studs into the carrier frame, they are not pre-installed. Actually sits lower than stock on a TJ
Recommended? No

Comments: I upgraded my tires to 285/75/16 (just under 33")

I purchased this tire carrier to accommodate the larger spare tire. According to the ad in Quadratec, it extends the tire carrier out 2" inches and up 2".

In fact, on my LJ Rubicon, not only does it NOT extend up 2", the studs sit about an inch BELOW where the stock carrier sat.

I haven't decided whether or not I will keep this product, I'm probably going to return it. The only advantage is that it sits out farther. I'm going to try and find a better solution. Where the tire sits now, I can't access my hitch.

Also distributed under the Rugged Ridge name.

DuckHunter
DuckHunter's Reviews
03-02-2011, 03:42 PM
Price: $70.00
Pros: allows two bolt patterns
Cons: on the stock gate..
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This tire carrier is great for holding tires. I had my 33 on it for a little while. The only problem is the carrier is mounted to the tailgate and when it opens, there is a lot of weight on it. Over time, the tailgate will get weak and drop. If you want to hold tires on over 32's, i suggest getting a swing out style bumper.

ThomasYJ

ThomasYJ's Reviews
01-23-2010, 12:27 PM
Price: $274.50
Pros: Seems very sturdy!! Adjustable support arm
Cons: In the Instructions, the location for drilling holes for the mounting brackets was incorrect. Line it up using the existing holes in your tailgate and drill there.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Overall, I am very pleased with the product. All necessary parts were included and the instructions were easy to follow. There was a slight problem with the instructions that I covered in the ''Con's" section, but other than that installation was quick and relatively easy!!

ElGuapoBond
ElGuapoBond's Reviews

04-07-2009, 01:06 AM
Olympic Olympic 4X4 Products Xtreme Duty Tire Carrier
Price: $80.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great price, geat product, heavy steel, good hardware, great finish. Easily fits my 33"tire on a 15x10 wheel.