Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Body > Exterior Accessories > Olympic 4x4 - Safari Mirrors

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Olympic 4x4 - Safari Mirrors Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Exterior Accessories Next Product

Olympic 4x4 - Safari Mirrors

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $59.99
Average Price: $36.77
Manufacturer: Olympic 4x4
Recommended?
Yes: 7 / No: 2
Company Website: http://olympic4x4products.com

Safari mirrors from Olympic 4x4

Tags
mirror , safari

Login or Register to Add Review

Platypus

Built In The Rain
Platypus's Reviews
04-19-2014, 03:11 PM
Price: $29.99
Pros: great mirrors
Cons: the long rod tends to vibrate
Recommended? Yes

Comments: only ever use one for the driver side. one i save for door less weather and the other i attached to my half doors via a bracket i made.

ciphershort
ciphershort's Reviews
03-10-2013, 10:35 PM
Price: $59.99
Pros: Slick looking and well made.
Cons: Seem to vibrate heavily at high speeds.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These mirrors are good and well made. Easy to put on and take off. The first time I used them, I don't think I tightened them enough and they moved a bit when I drove at speeds of 40+ mph. They do vibrate due to wind but you can still see what you need to.

Edit: After having these on for several months they've held up well. They vibrate like crazy at high speeds making them basically pointless. I have them mainly for legality purposes but they don't bother me. I now wish the passenger side mirror was like the OEM mirror that allowed a more "zoomed out" image, but since I only run these with my doors/top off a quick look over my shoulder lets me see anything I need to.

dee0934
dee0934's Reviews
07-11-2012, 04:18 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Easy to install and just as easy to take off. Washes easily.
Cons: Can't see clearly because of the vibration.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I picked these up for free, so can't say if you'll get your moneys worth. However, they slide right into the existing door hinges and tighten with a hex nut. Putting them on is quick and easy. I bought the olympic safari doors later and the mirrors are made to work with the doors. Now I can switch between full steel doors or my tube doors in 5 minutes at most.

dee0934
dee0934's Reviews
07-11-2012, 03:47 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Goes directly into the door hinge. Easy to wash. Easy to take on and off. Fits directly with the olympic tube doors.
Cons: If you dont tighten it and place it just right it can move because of vibration. Its hard to see clearly on it sometimes because of the vibration.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I was helping work a yard sale and got to talking to a guy who used to have a jeep. He still had the mirrors and gave them to me for free. I dont know how much they cost to purchase, so I dont know if I can say they're worth there value. Ive loved mine though. They slide directly into the door hinge and you just tighten it in place with a hex nut. I also like them because it takes one minute to put them on and one minute to take them off, so I have a lot of ease when I want to switch between no doors and my full steel doors.

amedeo
amedeo's Reviews
12-07-2011, 01:26 AM
Price: $40.00
Pros: easy to use and look nice
Cons: very shakey when driving
Recommended? Yes

Comments: They are very simple and easy to use. They help you avoid a ticket for lack of rear view mirrors. Mine are black. They just bolt right into your door holder spots. Very nice and affordable

Jeiip
Jeiip's Reviews
02-11-2011, 03:10 PM
Price: $59.99
Pros: Keep me legal.
Cons: They vibrate.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Keep me legal, are easy to attach, and are nice and large. They vibrate, so I may try rubber spacers to see if they help.

plumber1
plumber1's Reviews

09-14-2010, 12:51 AM
Price: $59.00
Pros: Price
Cons: vibrate to much
Recommended? No

Comments: These vibrate so much I had make a rubber spacer to help. Now after a couple of years the bolts that attach them to the hinge have come apart and now I can not mount them. I may try to use some epoxy to put them back together. I have only had them on my YJ maybe a dozen times when the doors are off.

robert_hollis

robert_hollis's Reviews

04-30-2010, 12:54 PM
Pros: clean looking, easy install.
Cons: Vibrates too much to be of use.
Recommended? No

Comments: I bought these from Quadratec, and tried them out. The stem is so thin, that they shake too much to be of much use. Sitting in my driveway idling, the shaking was bad. Going down the highway it was horrible!

I like the look, but just don't find these functional. I ended up returning them, and just rigging my own mirror.

Yellowhammer

Yellowhammer's Reviews
04-27-2010, 11:40 AM
Pros: Drops right into the door hinge
Cons: Vibrate like crazy going down the road
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These mirrors serve their purpose, which is to be able to see what's behind you. They vibrate like crazy and it takes a few days to get used to it, but after that I got used to it doesn't bother me anymore.

You will not get a stable view, but you can see what's behind you, so that was good enough for me. These mirrors are big, so your field of view is good.

I tightened the bolts down really good and the mirrors have stayed in place in the hinges and they have maintained the adjustments that I made for my driving. This adjustment takes a little time to get the mirrors how you like them.

I'm happy with these mirrors, especially for the money. Harley mirrors seemed too small to me, and I didn't want to pay $130 for Outlaw Mirrors.