Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Body > Exterior Accessories > OR-FAB Tire/Can Carrier for Tj

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

OR-FAB Tire/Can Carrier for Tj Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Exterior Accessories Next Product

OR-FAB Tire/Can Carrier for Tj

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $400.00
Average Price: $531.25
Manufacturer: OR-FAB
Recommended?
Yes: 4 / No: 0

Swing-away design allows full access to tail gate.
Heavy-Duty design will accommodate two Gerry cans and up to a 35" tire with no rattles. Heavy-Duty hinge and internal mount brackets with 500 lb locakable draw latch. Spin-on mount will accept most aftermarket wheels. Includes Hi-Lift jack mount location and CB antenna mount. 1.5" dia / .120 wall tubular construction for durability and strength. All mounting hardware is provided with detailed installation instructions. Powder coating available in Wrinkle Black or Bicycle Black (gloss) finishes

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

Snagga
Snagga's Reviews
05-03-2011, 09:06 PM
Price: $600.00
Pros: Nice setup with the Jerry cans. Very durable. Nice place to mount hi lift and cb antenna
Cons: Sags with the weight of full jerry cans. I didnt expect that from a $600 carrier. You have to lift up to lock it in place
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got this used off a TJ we parted out. Nice setup to mount everything on. I was a little disappointed once I filled one of the jerry cans and saw how much it sags. Glad I didnt pay $600 for it. Still a nice carrier, maybe I just expect too much.

bchjeep
bchjeep's Reviews
01-06-2010, 05:43 PM
Price: $395.00
Pros: Holds my 35" tire, two jerry cans and a hi-lift jack. Strong support system built off tub and roll bar mounts.
Cons: Install is time consuming with over 12 additional bolts that need holes to be drilled out.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is a great tire carrier that is built to a high standard. Mine was shipped completely surrounded by foam ensuring the tire carrier was not scratched in shipping. Took about 8 hours to mount myself, but the main cause for the delay was rusted torx bolts that did not want to budge. Once it was mount it looks great and allows me to carry my full size spare locked to the jeep. Love the look and the additional storage for fuel is much appreciated.

jaredwade81
jaredwade81's Reviews
07-03-2009, 12:46 PM
Price: $730.00
Pros: Very Strong, No rattle, hi lift mount, 2 jerry can mount, cb antenna mount.
Cons: Other than the price, none.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have actually stood on this thing, with my sprare 35" x 12.50 tire, 2 jerry cans (FULL), and 60" high lift jack installed and its still didnt move. This thing is by far the strongest tire carrier i have ever seen. Probably one of the best investments ive made on my jeep.

rgingerelli99tj
rgingerelli99tj's Reviews

09-27-2008, 01:36 AM
OR-FAB Tire/Can Carrier for Tj
Price: $400.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great Product. Little hard to install but well worth the end results. No rattles what so ever. Great for tire storage as well as carring a hi-lift, 2 gerry cans, CB antenne and I even mount my Max Axe on it.