Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Body > Exterior Accessories > Armadillo Industries - Billet Mechanical Door Stops

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Armadillo Industries - Billet Mechanical Door Stops Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Exterior Accessories Next Product

Armadillo Industries - Billet Mechanical Door Stops

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $49.99
Average Price: $53.32
Manufacturer: Armadillo Industries
Recommended?
Yes: 1 / No: 2
Company Website: http://armadillo-industries.com/Products.html

Attachment 84503

Attachment 84504

Tired of those weak nylon check straps holding your doors in place?
Need a practical upgrade?

Look no further! These new door stops are made of billet aluminum and not only look good, but are 100% functional too! The stainless rod features a heim joint on the end allowing for swivel in the door. Installs easily into existing footman loop location on the door and fits over the post attached to the body tub.

Fits these Vehicles
* 76-86 Jeep CJ-7
* 81-85 Jeep CJ-8
* 97-06 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)
* 87-95 Jeep Wrangler (YJ)
* 04-06 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (TJ)

Product Details
Fits 87-06 Jeep Wranglers and will fit 76-86 Jeep CJ7 & CJ8 Scrambler with full steel doors.
* 87-95 Jeep Wrangler YJ half doors require modest trimming of the interior panels.
Billet Mechanical Door Stops are sold in pairs.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

BlaketheSnake

BlaketheSnake's Reviews

07-29-2012, 01:35 PM
Price: $49.99
Pros: Looks good
Cons: Broke shaft opon installation
Recommended? No

Comments: Installed on pass. side no problem.
Installed it on the drivers side and went to close the door and it stopped short of closing. Looked and the shaft was hitting my main harness connection under the dash. I went to shorten the unit and the shaft broke before I even bottomed out the threads.
Wouldn't recomend it on a 06 TJ others it might work better on.

DallastheJeeper

DallastheJeeper's Reviews

02-13-2012, 05:05 PM
Price: $59.99
Pros: Very Cool. Function well for 1st month
Cons: Does not let door open very far Soft aluminum mushrooms and causes door to jam.
Recommended? No

Comments: SO COOL but such Junk. At first they are pretty cool and function very well but after about 2 months of use the soft aluminum starts to get ripped away by the steel shaft. After three months they jam and can break the pin off. I am on my 3rd set of these (Warrantied by QTec and I am done with them. They need to be made out of a harder metal and not the low soft billet they use. If they fix that i would try them again. Until then stay away from this product!!!

bfewkwa

bfewkwa's Reviews

08-30-2009, 05:37 PM
Price: $49.99
Pros: Great quality. Look great and functional.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installed these on my Jeep yesterday. I am very happy with how well they work. Install was easy and the quality of the units is nice. The price may seem a little high, but I'm happy with the product.

It is extremely windy where I live. I had a wind gust catch my open door, causing the factory nylon strap to break and the door opened up all the way an hit the front fender/hood. These billet stops will keep that from ever happening again.