Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Body > Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs > Vision X Tantrum Rock Lights

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Vision X Tantrum Rock Lights Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs Next Product

Vision X Tantrum Rock Lights

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $120.00
Average Price: $107.33
Manufacturer: Vision X
Recommended?
Yes: 5 / No: 1

Tantrum kits are the ultimate strobe system on the market, featuring one of a kind LED pods that have lead the Tantrum kits to become popular for way more than just LED strobe kits for your car. Today Tantrum kits are found on the trails of Moab mounting to rock crawling jeeps, the dunes of Arizona for night time illumination where 55watt fog lights used to be the norm, and in the Baja 1000 providing working light for night time repairs.

Each kits consists of eight 1 watt pods, master controller with built-in microphone for sound interface, distribution block, wireless remote with a 1000' range, and cigarette lighter adapter for plug-and-play installations. Check out our LED pods for additional pods that can be wired up directly to a 12volt source.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

14chavez
14chavez's Reviews
03-12-2014, 11:52 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Work really well!
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I've eyed ball these things since I was first started driving. They work really well and pictures honestly don't do them justice.

JeepJake24
JeepJake24's Reviews
03-23-2011, 11:57 AM
Price: $120.00
Pros: Bright LED lights Tons of colors and patterns to choose from
Cons: Wish the kit came with 10 or 12 lights instead of 8
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bright LED lights Tons of colors and patterns to choose from

IH8PEPL
Web Wheeler
IH8PEPL's Reviews

01-22-2011, 08:38 PM
Price: $125.00
Pros: At first very bright, cool light display options
Cons: LOTS of wires - I swear there is 90ft of wire. Failed after 9 months of minimal use. NOT water proof, I wouldnt even say they are water resistant. Remote works from about 100 feet not 1000 as advertised. Resin discolored from clear to shit brown in 10 months.
Recommended? No

Comments:
Vision X Tantrum Rock Lights are Bull****!!!!

Less than 1 year and 6,000 Miles these lights went from AWESOME to GARBAGE. Not only did the control hub stop working for the 3 of the drivers side units, 3 of 8 lights turned from clear to brown. These units are leds sealed in resin pods - discoloration is inside the pod and they were not exposed to heat.

On top of that the resin started to degrade - many of the back mounting areas of the pods just cracked off when I went to remove them.

Total junk and a waste of $125. Now I just have to go around and remove the 90,000 feet of wiring for these turds

DeathMonkey007
DeathMonkey007's Reviews

10-18-2009, 04:12 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Simple, Easy to install. You'd have to try pretty hard to do this wrong. Quick shipping (which was free for me), good customer service and so far a great product. They look great, put out a decent amount of light, and take up no space. Great product.
Cons: Distribution box is not numbered. It would be nice if they did # the box so you knew which light was 1st, 2nd 3rd etc. The lights on the master control box are kinda bright. So take the into consideration when figuring out where to mount it into the cab. Adhesive sticky tape = PIA. The adhesive tape / gum was a major pain. It works, but getting it undone (the red side was a nightmare) took longer than it should. This made my install stretch on for longer than it should have, and ultimately I didn't end up using it on most of the lights anyway. My advice just use some tape or something to position and test the lights, and once you are sure you want them there use a more permanent solution and secure them down to your vehicle. Ultimately these "cons" are very minor.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I am really happy with these and it seems like a great deal for 8 for 8 lights in a nice plug and play kit. The kit comes with the 8 lights, the control box, the distribution box, and everything is a simple plug and play. No soldering or anything else needed. Very low draw, so you don't have to worry about them draining your battery. The kit comes ready to plug into your cigarette lighter, and thats how I am using mine now. In the next couple weeks I'll hook it in more permanently. The control box has an on/off button and you can also just use the key chain remote that comes with the kit to turn them on and off. Great product.

jaredwade81
jaredwade81's Reviews
07-03-2009, 12:55 PM
Price: $79.00
Pros: low wattage pull, 4 pairs for front and rear of each tire, LED lights last so much longer and are not prone to dammage as easly.
Cons: NONE so far.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Have not installed these yet, but i took one look at them on a friends rig and had to buy them. you can program them for strobe, stready on, blink to your musis beat, very nice.

BRICKTOP2

Unhingd PigFeedng Gangstr
BRICKTOP2's Reviews

10-08-2008, 12:17 PM
Vision X Tantrum Rock Lights
Price: $120.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great lights. Very small, easy to install, and they light up the ground very well. Placement is important so play around with them before you mount them permanently.