Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Body > Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs > Slyvania Silverstar Ultra

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Slyvania Silverstar Ultra Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs Next Product

Slyvania Silverstar Ultra

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

Average Price: $49.32
Manufacturer: Slyvania
Recommended?
Yes: 8 / No: 1

Slyvania silverstar ultra halogen H4 headlight bulbs

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

CHULOGORDO82
CHULOGORDO82's Reviews
04-27-2013, 03:30 AM
Price: $65.00
Pros: SUPER BRITE ALMOST HID
Cons: THEY DIDNT HAVE IT AT ADVANCED AUTO 9006XS
Recommended? Yes

Comments: VERY GOOD BULD VISABILITY HAS IMPROVED SINCE THE INSTALL

BWYoung85
BWYoung85's Reviews
03-23-2012, 11:04 PM
Price: $52.95
Pros: - Brighter - Wider Range of Vision
Cons: - Cost
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These Headlight bulbs are amazing only downfall is cost. I have replaced all forward facing lights in my WJ with Silver Star Ultras

hc2995
hc2995's Reviews
01-15-2012, 07:35 PM
Price: $49.99
Pros: Bright
Cons: Had problems installing my set, the pins inside the bulbs dont like to go into the socket easily, i broke the tabs that hold the bulb as well.
Recommended? No

Comments: These bulbs are nice and bright, but that's about it. The first set of bulbs fought me to install, for some reason the high beam pin inside the bulb did not line up with the socket and ended up bending inside the bulbs connecter. I took them back and got a new set, the second set did the same thing, again i took them back and got a third set, this set installed smoothly but after fighting with the first two sets, part of the tab that holds them in the socket broke off. If i could have gotten a set like the third set, i would have rated these higher, but silvania needs to beef up their quality control and double check the specs. Ill be buying new sockets soon to fix the old ones.

jeepinator72
jeepinator72's Reviews

01-09-2012, 11:09 PM
Price: $35.99
Pros: Brighter than stock, whiter than stock
Cons: Headlights tend to burn out after about 12 months
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I've tried several types of headlights in my jeep. While these are a little brighter than stock headlights, they weren't worth the money when they were $75. However, they've come down in price, and become worth the money. They are a little more blue/white than stock halogen headlights. If you're looking to improve the lighting on your jeep without installing the HID kit, I'd recommend these headlights.

Sylvania Silverstar Ultra Headlight Review

RWethereyet
RWethereyet's Reviews
03-07-2011, 02:29 AM
Price: $75.00
Pros: Far brighter than stock - great when combined with fog lamps - great way to stay clear of deer :-) Easy to install. Also used a lense cleaner to "shine" up the lens for clearer/brighter lighting
Cons: Pricy - but woth the $$
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I spent a lot of time dirving in the foothills of the Canadian Rockies. Lots of deer along the road. Couldn't see much with the stock headlights (probably 7 yrs old) so I broke down and replaced them with Silverstar Ultra. WOW what a difference - there is actually a road in front of me now :P Much whiter/brighter light and when combined with the stock fog lamps provide terrific frontal and side vision at night. Definitely recommend this product (bought same bulbs for my other 2 vehicles . . . nuf said)

DaFuzz80
DaFuzz80's Reviews
07-16-2010, 05:59 PM
Price: $24.99
Pros: Great very clean light output, super bright, way better on snowy roads especially
Cons: People think my high beams are on
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great clean light output, super bright, people think my high beams are on until I flick on my highs (with four hella 500s wired in with em), then they are a little more understanding!

malfungton
malfungton's Reviews
07-13-2010, 10:19 PM
Price: $80.00
Pros: Much brighter than stock headlights
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I've been averaging a hit deer a year ever since I bought my jeep... purchased these to help me see those pesky fender-crushers sooner... can attribute them to one save so far... caught the flicker of the deer's eyes much farther away than I would have with stock light and slowed down to let her cross in front of me... plus I just see all-round much better... highly recommend...

ROADDOG516
ROADDOG516's Reviews
11-01-2009, 09:53 PM
Price: $19.99
Pros: Great price and easy upgrade over stock headlamps. They are def much brighter and great upgrade.
Cons: None yet but then again I just got them so well see in a year.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Paid 19.99 at Autozone. They are a great improvement over the stockers and def a great upgrade. I replaced my stockers in about 20 min and saw the improvement right away. In my opinion they are more appropriate on an old rig then a set of HID because they look normal just real bright.

nick5351
nick5351's Reviews
10-14-2009, 01:50 PM
Price: $40.00
Pros: A lot brighter than stock
Cons: Could be even brighter?
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very easy, quick modification to do. I would recommend it for any Jeep that you get.