Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Body > Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs > Pilot - NV-802CP 6" Off Road Utility Lights

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Pilot - NV-802CP 6" Off Road Utility Lights Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs Next Product

Pilot - NV-802CP 6" Off Road Utility Lights

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $39.99
Average Price: $47.20
Manufacturer: Pilot
Recommended?
Yes: 4 / No: 1
Company Website: http://www.pilotautomotive.com

Designed to mount on brush guards or light bar
Metal housing w/ chrome finish
100 watt / NV-H3K-100
6" round with harness & switch
Sold in pairs

Clear Lens with a Focused White Beam

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

murdock12186

murdock12186's Reviews
04-05-2012, 09:45 PM
Price: $40.00
Pros: great price
Cons: kinda cheap looking and wiring that comes with it is crazy short
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great light very cheap price install is easy. need some extra wires to complete due to the lack of them in kit.

Jomphe
Jomphe's Reviews
07-03-2011, 03:14 AM
Price: $39.99
Pros: Look nice for the price.
Cons: Not as bright as I had hoped, but then again, I paid only $40.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: They look pretty cool as far as off-road lights go. They weren't nearly as bright as I thought they would be. I did like that they came with all the wiring needed and enough of it to put the switch where I wanted it. It was also relatively easy to install.

zatch83
zatch83's Reviews

09-22-2010, 07:38 PM
Price: $60.00
Pros: Very bright. Cheap.
Cons: Too cheap. Completely rusted, might be my own fault for not polishing chrome. But, that's no excuse for the inside of the bulbs rusting out.
Recommended? No

Comments: I bought 2 sets at autozone. The first set went on my roof rack and a year and a half later, I bought a set for my newly installed front bumper. At that point, the roof lights had begun to get foggy and the bottom half of the reflective backing was started to crumble. Now, another year and a half later, the roof lights are completely rusted and the bumper lights have caught up with them. They aren't nearly as bright as when I first bought them.

Spend the money on quality lights so you don't end up with this problem.

SavannahJeep

SavannahJeep's Reviews
03-10-2010, 03:24 PM
Price: $56.00
Pros: Gets you light without the expense. Not really a heavy duty brush light...
Cons: Mehh
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Gets you well lit on the trail without the high dollar expense. Four lights over the roof will definately do the job but I would suggest watching the brush...cheap lights come with cheap materials and guards. Small brush is fine but don't expect to hit a limb and come out still burning light.

Mediarocker
Mediarocker's Reviews
03-09-2010, 03:17 PM
Price: $39.99
Pros: BRIGHT!, Good Distance, Focused beam, Very Durable!, EXCELLENT bang for the buck value!
Cons: Produces excessive glare to oncoming traffic, screws rust
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I've had these on my Jeep and while I was lead to believe they would be larger 7-8" lights, I was not disappointed. I was worried that these lights would have a terrible pattern and have poor projection like many other "off road" lights I had purchased, and was very reluctant to put 40 bucks down on them. Well I can say for 40 bucks, these lights are a great deal! I bought a similar Utility spot light which uses an 8" version of these and they are BRIGHT! I can say that you should upgrade the bulbs in them if you want more light. Pilot's 100w bulbs leave ALOT to be desired, especially when I switched my spotlight's 100W pilot bulb for a 55w Hella Xenon filled bulb. 10x light output increase! Imagine 80w Hellas! I'll be changing the bulbs out of these when they die, but in their stock form they light the road great and give me a greater sense of security while driving back country roads at night. I have to switch them on and off alot due to traffic, but their lighting is worth it. Its a good fix until I can get better headlights, and the trail lighting is extremely helpful.