Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Body > Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs > PIAA 520 ATP

2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

PIAA 520 ATP Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs Next Product

PIAA 520 ATP

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $169.00
Average Price: $184.50
Manufacturer: PIAA
Recommended?
Yes: 10 / No: 0

Professional racers are a demanding lot. So, when they asked PIAA to create the ultimate off-road beam pattern, well, we took up the challenge. Enter the PIAA 520 ATP lamp, powered by PIAA’s proprietary All-Terrain Pattern (ATP) technology, which delivers a beam with the perfect combination of height, width and distance. And that’s no idle boast. Pick-up a set of 520 ATPs and see for yourself.

Available In: Xtreme White ATP (All Terrain Pattern)

Bulb Type: 12V - H3 85 watt = 135 watt XTRA Xtreme White

Features: Black stamped steel housing and glass lens

Kit Includes: Two lamps, wiring harness, relay, switch, and two black mesh covers

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

WA_KK
WA_KK's Reviews
03-27-2012, 01:51 PM
Price: $175.00
Pros: Bright. Look Good
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installed 520 ATPs on my bumper. Very bright and look great on the Jeep.

JHow44
JHow44's Reviews
10-10-2011, 12:33 AM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Bright.
Cons: Expensive.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great bright lights mounted to my windshield brackets.

scavok

scavok's Reviews

03-21-2011, 02:57 AM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Will make you squint with the brightness coming back at you from the street signs :)
Cons: Wiring and switch are crazy low quality, but the lights are what counts.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great products, this takes all the brightness in the 580 series and packs it into a useful beam shape to light up the road rather than the hood and sky.

My h4 high-beams are dim and yellow compared to these lights.

My only complaint is that I guess I got a lemon of a wire. The plastic connector that connects the wires from the light housing to the relay/batter shorted out and melted about 4ft of wire (as well as the insulation of surrounding wires). I was lucky it didn't do any more damage in the engine compartment.

I was wrong to assume that the plastic housing the relay would also contain an in-line fuse; it does not. For all things Jeep, please install this with a fuse between the relay and the battery's + terminal.

Also, the switch for this setup is pretty lame looking if you care about that sort of thing. I now have the switch connected to the relay in the engine compartment in the "on" position and spliced/extended the switch's wire into my dash's factory fog-light rocker switch - zero problems there.

Couldn't be happier otherwise. Out on the backroads I flick these things on and even just the pair of them turn night into day. Plus they look pretty sweet

Zakman

A locked & armored Sport
Zakman's Reviews
12-07-2010, 03:58 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: PIAA quality of optics and housing.
Cons: PIAA switch is weak.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Got these locally off CL, and took a chance. Nice beam pattern. Falls between a fog and driving light. Mounted on bumper so not to get glare from hood.

BoomBoom

BoomBoom's Reviews
06-28-2010, 11:07 AM
Price: $201.00
Pros: Easy install, light up the night and the back roads
Cons: nothing yet!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The PIAA lights were very easy to install even for someone with little to no wrenching skills under their belt. Took only an a couple hours and that was taking my time.

phatboy2180

phatboy2180's Reviews
03-20-2010, 06:19 PM
Price: $220.00
Pros: lights are very bright and have a flat lighting patter.. very thin and small
Cons: the lights spread pretty wide but it would be nice if they spread a little higher... perfect with 4...2 high 2 low
Recommended? Yes

Comments: these lights pack a pretty big punch in a little case... they have a wide, flat lighting pattern that i like but i am gonna be using 4 on my roof rack so its perfect for me. the lights are very thin and small so for a low profile light bar they are perfect

razorback84

razorback84's Reviews
01-21-2010, 12:04 AM
Price: $180.00
Pros: Bright
Cons: a little $$$
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great pattern to the light is great and very bright. A little $$$ but I think it was money well spent

menoch31
menoch31's Reviews

05-06-2008, 02:39 AM
PIAA 520 ATP
Price: $169.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These lights are unbelievable. I have them mounted on the windshield and they light up everything without giving me any glare off the hood.