11K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  kajones 
#1 ·
Product Information
Price $250
Rating 3
Average Price $200.89
Manufacturer Off Road Only
Recommended Yes: 8 / No: 2

Single piece unit encompasses Stop/Tail/Turn function as well as Reverse Indicator and a Side Marker Light .

Unique, eye catching design.

High density LED pattern.

Each housing has 63 LED's; 48 red, 12 white, and 3 red side markers.

No drilling required on Jeep Wranglers and CJs+.

Low profile design measures less than 1" thick.

Taillights are black when not lit.

Clear acrylic lens and high intensity LEDs deliver crisp, sharp light.

High impact Polycarbonate housing provides extreme durability.

UV stabilized housing and lens resists discoloration.

Adhesive reflective material included to allow user to comply with most vehicle regulations.

Sealed, shock and vibration proof solid state design for years of reliable service++ .

Heat shrink connectors included for wire connections to OEM harness.

Warranty: Unit replacement if one LED fails within 90 days or 3 LEDs fail within 12 months.

+ Models other than Jeep Wrangler may require drilling to attach. OEM license plate mount on Jeep TJ?s may require trimming to clear the outer diameter of LiteDOTs?.
++ Service life is rated at 100,000 hours.
+++ A flasher replacement may be required to eliminate "Fast Flash". Some flasher models available separately.

Website-
http://www.offroadonly.com/products/lighting/LiteDOTs/

Installation Instructions-
http://www.offroadonly.com/docs/LiteDOT_install.pdf

Random Google search showed the following websites-

http://jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1699937#post1699937
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=249975
http://www.quadratec.com/products/13107_400.htm

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Price $195
Rating 5
Pros Great look, fully functional stop/tail/turn light that installs in minutes, so easy a caveman can do it!
Cons non
Recommended yes

Comments: So easy to install a caveman can do it! If you want something that is strong and looks great, this is it! The instructions are very detailed and leave no room for error. The tech support is great, the guys at ORO are more than willing to help you out! Everytime I stop down at the ORO shop there is a new cool product/part on Steve's Jeep and some good stories! I'll continue to buy their products!

#3 ·
Rating 3
Pros Looks Good. Easy to Install
Cons LED's can burn out
Recommended yes

Comments: Off Road Only LiteDOTs™ LED Tail lights

i bought this product less than a year ago, and followed the instructions on the install... but now at least 10 of the LED's have gone out on the taillights. My Brakelights are still functional, but missing LED's. As far as looks go, I love the look of the Lights during the day, since they are all black. But having some of the LED's go out, makes it look bad when they are lit up.

#5 ·
Price $179
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: Off Road Only LiteDOTs™ LED Tail lights

Super clean and bright, not worried about people not seeing these babies light up, almost makes you feel like the lights on the back should always be circle. Did have to hammer the stock drill holes though in to make the light flush
Northridge4x4 had free shipping!!

#7 ·
Price $195
Rating 4
Pros LEDs last a lot longer, Looks of the LiteDOTs, Don't have to cut your tub on your vehicle.
Cons On my first two sets the LEDs failed within 7 to 8 months afrter install but ORO has sent me a new set of replacements every time.
Recommended yes

Comments: I bought a set of the ORO LiteDOTs in 2007 and within 7 months I had multiple failures of the LEDs. I called ORO and they sent me a replacement set in a hurry. I replaced my first set with the second set of LiteDOT replacements and about 8 months later the same thing, multiple LED failure. I emailed ORO about the situation and I did not get a response from them so I figured that since my LiteDOTs were out of the 1 year warranty that they were not going to do anything. I purchased another set of LEDs, different from the LiteDOTs to put on my Jeep but I was going to have to cut my tub. I really didnt want to cut my tub so I emailed ORO again, "as a last resort", "not expecting any respose", and low and behold ORO calls me on the phone, asks me some questions and tells me they are going to send me another new set of LiteDOTs. Now I have a nice set of LED stop/tail/turn back-up tail lights that I don't need. Oh, well, I guess I will save these other LED tail lights for later on down the road.

Great customer support on ORO's part. :thumbsup:

#8 ·
Price $180
Rating 4
Pros nice slim custom look. get lots of comments.
Cons had led failure in about 8 months.
Recommended yes

Comments: love the look.very simple install w/custom look. sets you apart. i get a lot of questions where i got them. bought mine thru northridge 4x4. make sure you remember to get modified flasher or you will have rapid blinking. currently on 3rd set after first 2 sets had major led failure. they have replaced them free each time. they claim these 3rd generation sets have all the quirks out. been on for year,OK so far.

#10 ·
Price $200
Rating 1
Pros Looks nice!
Cons They suck, they have far to short of a warranty for their cost, the company knows there has been issues, and takes care of some of them and then blows off the remaining customers!
Recommended no

Comments: DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!
Spend half the money on Maxxima LEDS and get a five year warranty and real customer service.:thumbsup:

#11 ·
Price $199
Rating 2
Pros Look great. Very Bright LEDs.
Cons LEDs Starting Failing within 3 Months.
Recommended no

Comments: :thumbdown:DO NOT BUY THESE! Here is my Story....
When I Bought my jeep it already had these tailights on it. At the time I very happy with them. They have a great low profile and simple look to them with extremely bright LEDs. About 6 months in to owning my jeep I noticed that some LEDs has started failing. A few LEDs quickly mulitiplied into nearly half. I contacted ORO and very painlessly they had a replacement set sent out to me. About 3 months into the NEW set my friend noticed some LEDs were not working again.... I contacted the same guy that sent me the replacement pair (2Months ago) and have not received a response.I dont think its the quility of the LEDs but more a question of the soldering because from time to time more LEDs will work then normal.... Do not buy these. :thumbdown:

(6/12/2014)EDIT: Yesterday I received my free replacment set. They are now installed and I am hopeing for a different outcome then the past sets. If this new set does suprise me then ill update this again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.