Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Body > Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs > Off Road Only LiteDOTS LED Tail Lights

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Off Road Only LiteDOTS LED Tail Lights Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs Next Product

Off Road Only LiteDOTS LED Tail Lights

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $199.00
Average Price: $168.36
Manufacturer: Off Road Only
Recommended?
Yes: 11 / No: 2

I finally got around to installing my LiteDots from http://www.offroadonly.com/products/lighting/LiteDOTs/ and I'm enjoying them and their looks VERY much!

The installation was straight forward and far easier than I expected. The very complete kit even includes very cool wiring splices that have solder inside that only needs a heat gun to work! Twist the wires to be spliced together, slide the splice on and then heat it with the heat gun and voila, the wires are soldered and insulated in one quick operation.

However, as you can see in the above photo of the wiring, I added one extra piece of heat shrink tubing over the top of the soldered splice to make the splices and wiring even more "bulletproof".

There's also no need to cut big holes into the tub like some other LED tail lights require, the LiteDots mount like the OE lights did using the factory bolt holes. All you have to do is enlarge two bolt holes a bit with the provided bolt that cuts the new threads and that's it.

The LiteDots even include red side-facing marker LEDs as many states require, as well as white LEDs for backup lights. All you have to do is trim the factory license plate mount a bit to provide the new LiteDot tail lights the added clearance they require and you're done.

Besides giving both YJ and TJ Wranglers a nice "CJ" retro-look, another benefit to the LiteDot LED tail lights is they fit closer to the tub so they are much less likely to be damaged or knocked off when you're offroading. On top of that, LEDs last many years longer than traditional bulbs so they won't burn out like bulbs will. LiteDot says the LED life is up to 100,000 hours of use so that's a lifetime in my book.

Note though that in the photo showing me placing the light, that I zoned out and reversed the left and right lights. The one I'm installing has the side marker LEDs facing inwards. I had to swap them and splice them again!

Anyway, they're a cool mod and I'm really enjoying mine!!

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

Deezul

Deezul's Reviews

09-14-2011, 06:00 PM
Price: $199.00
Pros: Looks cool
Cons: Fries
Recommended? No

Comments: On my third set and now 9 LEDs are burnt. Getting sick of replacing them at this point. There has to be some sort of design flaw. Love the look but they just aren't reliable at all. Thinking of switching to something else or going back to stock.

CsKWarEd

CsKWarEd's Reviews
01-20-2010, 04:06 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Looks great!
Cons: Price
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Had to replace one a few weeks after I got them in, had 3 LEDs burn out right out the gate. They sent me one out right away to replace though. Great customer service!

acrijos

acrijos's Reviews
06-25-2009, 10:17 PM
Price: $185.00
Pros: Looks cool, easy to install
Cons: Expensive, not as bright as I thought
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These are nice lights and look good in my TJ. Very easy to install, but are too expensive.

ED()
ED()'s Reviews

05-14-2009, 10:25 AM
Pros: Easy install Sleek look Bright LED's No Drilling
Cons: LED wear out (possible design flaw) Gen I & II. No way to fix or replace bulbs.
Recommended? No

Comments: Well it has been 3 years and I figure I should share my experience with the Lite Dots

I originally bought a set (GEN I) which had to go back within 6 months. Several strips of LED's(3-4) would not come on. The customer service I received was excellent and the product was shipped out immediately.

I have had the next set (GEN II) installed now for two years. My drivers side is down to 8 remaining red LED's and the passenger side has 13 that do not work. The white LED's are down by about 50% each side.

I live in Canada and do see a decent amount of cold weather and salty roads. However, I am not talking about winter conditions such as the Dakotas or Michigan would receive. Might be a contributing factor.

I have to go back to the original light before the cops pull me over and give a 48 hr notice or ticket for bad tail lights. I do not want to because I love the look of these lights but safety comes first.

Great idea for a product, great customer service from front to end but for the price and unreliability, I have to let people know of this 3 year experience.

Dwayne93YJ

Damn YJ...
Dwayne93YJ's Reviews

06-10-2008, 02:57 PM
Price: $99.99
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Love the look of these flush mounted LED tail lights. Added bullet license plate lights and KC off road lights for reverse.

Islidur

Islidur's Reviews

05-15-2008, 03:32 AM
Price: $169.95
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Looks great, very bright, easy install. I'd reccomend them to anyone looking for a cheap and effective mod to enhance their Jeep.

GringoLoco

GringoLoco's Reviews

03-16-2008, 11:32 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Nice custom look. Easy install. 9/10 only because I wish the brake lights were a tad bit brighter, and because they aren't flush mount (which is also the reason they're easy to install, so there's a tradeoff).

claytonandson

Web Wheeler
claytonandson's Reviews

12-12-2007, 08:35 PM
Price: $195.00
Pros: ease of installation/no cutting tub
Cons: first set had issues when first hit market/ORO went out of thier way to fix.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i love'em,and get stopped all the time asked where i got them. initially they had some problems,but ORO sent me new set right away and backed them with a letter that if i ever had any problems,they would right any wrongs. excellent tech help.i went with the rockhard tag holder/ORO tag and 3rd brake lite set up also.

zband

zband's Reviews

06-04-2007, 12:28 PM
Pros: Easy installation, no soldering required, tapping bolt included, no body work needed
Cons: Expecting the LEDS to be brighter
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have put on my second pair of these lights. The first pair sent to me had LEDs burning out. Typically this would be a negative issue but an email sent to ORO - they acknowledged that this was a known issue and had a new pair sent out. No questions. I received the original pair in September of 2006 and an improved pair in April 2007. Since then I have had no issues with the new set. In fact, the new pair have brighter white LEDs for the backup lights, which was one issue I had with the originals. Unfortunately, the marker light mode of the lights, in my opinion, could be brighter. They can be seen in direct sunlight though.

All in all, I like the lights - they give a "modern retro look" to the TJ. Blinker speed was fixed by buying a relay from NAPA specifically for LED's.

KCHRISTO
KCHRISTO's Reviews

04-13-2007, 12:53 PM
Pros: easy installation, great looks, effective, lot's of pooitive remarks
Cons: somewhat pricey, need to put in a different relay to slow down the blinker speed
Recommended? Yes

Comments: They went in very straightforward; easy to wire, and no sheet metal changes. They are brighter than stock. Although, mine work, others who have reported problems have had great service from the supplier. I have had to replace the tail-lights on every previous jeep I have owned, because the stock lights stick out too far and seem to always be getting bumped and broken. I've considered the cages, but like the looks of these much better. These are built much better than stock, they're built as solid as a hockey puck. Besides, I really like the way they look.

jimmylev
jimmylev's Reviews

09-28-2006, 11:09 AM
Cons: price
Recommended? Yes

Comments: only negative of these has tobe price. but as I posted elsewhere you can't beat that these have side markers, no cutting reverse lights built in. if these were priced at $125 everone would have them. so, maybe keep the price $195

Jerry Bransford

Administrator
Jerry Bransford's Reviews

09-28-2006, 01:40 AM
Pros: Bright, break resistant, retro-look, good beefy design
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Highly recommended, LEDs don't burn out like conventional bulbs do!