Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Body > Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs > KC Daylighter Sealed Beam 150w

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

KC Daylighter Sealed Beam 150w Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs Next Product

KC Daylighter Sealed Beam 150w

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $239.00
Average Price: $116.15
Manufacturer: KC
Recommended?
Yes: 30 / No: 2

When an off road racer wins a race it's a safe bet KC Daylighters have lit the way. Engineered to last with a super-bright polished parabolic reflector, rugged features include a competition-proven flexible base and bulb mounting system, and 150 watt sealed beam output. Best of all, there's a 23-year limited warranty to prove it.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 2 of 2 1 2

AROSETO

AROSETO's Reviews

03-22-2008, 01:43 AM
Price: $239.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: good with cover guards i get paint flaking of the sides but otherwise nice and bright.

obsessedjeeper

obsessedjeeper's Reviews

03-17-2008, 02:28 PM
Price: $100.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Work well

Romeo-Sierra
Romeo-Sierra's Reviews

03-10-2008, 09:37 PM
Price: $160.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very bright lights.

The_Duke
The_Duke's Reviews

03-03-2008, 01:43 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Nice and Bright.

BKhv25
BKhv25's Reviews

02-28-2008, 04:12 PM
Price: $100.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: havn't been able to hook them up completly yet

chappy84

chappy84's Reviews

01-20-2008, 04:17 PM
Pros: brite and tough
Cons: water gets into the housing
Recommended? Yes

Comments: If you drive around water or mud than seal these with Boat/marine RTV sealent befor putting on your jeep.

JWitt333

JWitt333's Reviews

01-10-2008, 12:09 AM
Pros: easy install, super bright
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got these for my birthday 3 years ago when I had my truck. I could not bare to part with them so I put them on my Jeep. Best mod so far.

Kulae

Kulae's Reviews

12-19-2007, 11:30 PM
Price: $104.00
Pros: Easy to install with well written instructions.
Cons: Not enough wire
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These things will light up your trail, and the next town over! Cheap, easy to install and very useful. Had to add about 3 feet of wire to reach into the cab to hook up to my dash switch.

T.O.P. Jeep
T.O.P. Jeep's Reviews

09-22-2007, 11:48 AM
Price: $120.00
Pros: Extremely Bright, Heavy, Good Quality
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought a set of KC Daylighter 130watt driving lights, in Black. I also bought the KC rock guards for the lights. I had very high expectations for them. First off for 175 bucks just about everywhere you look for a set of lights, for me to be happy they had to be bright as day. These things fit the bill. I got my set brand new for $120 at 4wheelonline.com and am extremely pleased with them. They really have the lowest prices in the business hands down. and their shipping is fast. I got my lights in 2 days, not even asking for expediated shipping.

The lights themselves went on easy. You need a half inch drill bit for the bolts to go through if you're mounting them on your bumper. the stock fog light mounts for a YJ, what I have, are too deep on the bumper and will need to be removed to mount the new lights. They come with everything that you need, except for maybe some more tie wraps and crimps if you're not good at running wires. YOu can wire them 3 ways, to the low beams, high beams, or seperate. if they are wired with low beams then they will only come on with your lows, likewise with the highbeams. I wired mine stand alone style so I can turn them on whenever I want with either High or Low beams, or just on their own.

They live up to the Daylighter name. Mine shine twice as far as my Highbeams do and I just replaced my headlamps with SilverStar Hyperwhites. That should say something. They are hard to aim in front of a garage door because they shine so far. You are better off just finding a long straight road at night and aiming them on it. they don't shine wider than your headlights, if you are looking for a very wide lights go with the flood ones, but for pure distance they are insane. I can't even imaging how far the daylighter pencil beams lights shine.

Over All, they Look great and shine far. the quality of the lights is evident as soon as you pick up the box because it is rather heavy for 2 lights. I am very impressed with them, and asking for a set of KC daylighter Flood lights for xmas. I would recomend them to anyone.

stevensinger

stevensinger's Reviews

03-06-2007, 07:23 PM
Pros: Easy install, Bright, good warranty
Cons: Plastic covers suck. they would melt if left on.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I paid $104 for mine brand new. Good lights, good wiring kit, easy to follow installation.

idgit0488
idgit0488's Reviews

10-20-2006, 04:43 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got my lights from my brother who had them on his Tacoma. I've got a pair mounted on the bumper. They are sturdy and are bright. I think they would be more useful if they were mounted higher, on the windshield or light rack.

raskull

raskull's Reviews

08-11-2006, 03:16 AM
Price: $145.00
Pros: Super bright, good instructions, very good quality
Cons: too bright to use in town (not a bad thing, really), needed to buy some extra wire to lengthen the lines to the lights, and needed to buy some wire loom
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought my set from another jeepforum member and got a good deal, but I live in Canada and customs charged me $45 duty to get them up here. Would have been under $100, but oh well. Not in original box, but never installed or used, still had original plastic on it.

My first impression right away was their size. for a 6" light, they are very big, and are about 6-7" deep. The quality of the product is *VERY* apparent as soon as you pick one up. They are quite heavy, and are very solid feeling.

The kit comes with:
- all the wiring you need (maybe, explained later), including a relay, in-line fuse blocks/fuses
- a switch for the dash with a small LED indicator to tell you when they are on, but you won't need this as you will see the light they put out in the middle of the day
- some zip ties (you will want to pick up some more if you want to do a neat looking install),
- 2x KC Daylighters with yellow smileyface covers, like in the picture.

The install was a pain in the *** despite the simple yet good instructions. Not KC's fault though, electrical is just a pain.

I mounted the lights in the factory holes for the fog lights on my stock bumper (TJ). The holes had to be drilled out for the lights to fit, because the stems on the KCs are very beefy. They mount to the bumper with big rubber grommets on the top and bottom which will prevent them from moving around. This also allows you to tighten them down quite well, and still have them adjustable for aiming. This also means that if you bump them (not too hard) on the trail they are likely to move instead of smash.

I then mounted the relay under my hood right by my fuse box, close to the battery. Ran all the wiring, and hooked up the lights on the front. I tore my dash apart, and drilled a hole for the switch, mounted it, and ran the wiring from under the hood through the firewall and hooked it up to the switch.

Initial test run (after installing fuses) is a success! Tidy it all up and go for a test run. It was starting to get dark by this point, and already it's easy to tell that they are much, much brighter than my high beams. They are so bright that you will *not* be able to use them in town unless you point them downwards quite a bit, then back up for normal usage on the trails... which is a good thing, cause the more light you have on the trails, the better!

I could not be happier with this product. They are superb quality, and they are much brighter than I had expected. My only very small beef is that the wires were not quite long enough that run to the lights. I had to cut the wires and lengthen them.. but it's a quick easy fix. I would also suggest buying some wire loom for the install as their wire coating they have will not cover everything under the hood.

Highly recommended, I will be getting a second pair for the bumper soon!

Page 2 of 2 1 2