Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Body > Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs > Hella 7" round H4 conversion

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Hella 7" round H4 conversion Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs Next Product

Hella 7" round H4 conversion

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $200.00
Average Price: $122.47
Manufacturer: Hella
Recommended?
Yes: 9 / No: 1

Hella 7" Round H4 Conversion Light W/ Halogen Bulb Included

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

DoughBro

Tonka Tuff
DoughBro's Reviews
03-05-2014, 01:29 PM
Price: $73.22
Pros: way better than stock
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: super easy install and they always throw light right where I want it. high and low beams are way better than stock without completely blinding other drivers

krutj

krutj's Reviews
01-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Price: $214.00
Pros: Major improvement, easy install
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is the best $$ that I've spent on the JK. I did upgrade the bulbs to Phillips extreme +80's.
These things light up the night...great product and legal.

SpeedJeep

Web Wheeler
SpeedJeep's Reviews

06-14-2009, 12:18 AM
Price: $105.00
Pros: Excellent light output. Sharp cut off line to avoid blinding other drivers.
Cons: None.
Recommended? No

Comments: Hella 7" Round E Code H4 Halogen Replacement Headlight with 70/65 Osram Hyper Bulbs:

I ordered these through Amazon.com and Susquehanna Motorsports. They fit perfectly. I doubt if I'll even need auxiliary lighting for any off road crawling adventures. The output and pattern is pretty close to the HID projectors in my Passat.

peeweeXJ
peeweeXJ's Reviews

01-26-2009, 02:24 PM
Price: $85.00
Pros: No modifications needed, replaceable bulbs, brightness
Cons: None yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Replaced my factory lighting with a set of Hella H4 European Code headlamps. I used 55/60 watt bulbs, but the beam pattern is so much more efficient, the road is twice as bright.
Direct fit. No modifications needed besides possible headlight re-aiming.

ronin2336
ronin2336's Reviews

12-14-2008, 05:36 PM
Price: $150.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: product was very easy to install, still need to adjust the driving beams. this product though did not come with any installation instructions, even if the conversion was just replacing the stock lenses and bulbs instructions for my model would have been nice to have, just in case

keepitjeep77
keepitjeep77's Reviews

08-02-2008, 10:52 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: If you have any care in the world about headlight output, definitely go with this conversion. I initially ran this conversion with the 55/60w h4 hella high performance xenon blue bulbs. I now run the Osram 80/85w h4's. The xenon blues look cool and produce 4000k light, but the blue tint hinder light output and lumens. (Even the Osram are 3000k, so they are still very white). Don't waste time with silverstars and go with the osram. Check out rallylights.com if you need a place to purchase.

The light cut off is sharp (about 6ft off the ground and straight across) so high wattage bulbs are controlled even better than stock headlights and you will NOT blind other drivers.

Wallace
Wallace's Reviews

05-27-2008, 05:19 AM
Price: $200.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Nice -
Beats the hell out of the stock headlights. Not super bright - but better than a kick in the face.

Twitchy

Twitchy's Reviews

05-03-2008, 12:21 AM
Price: $100.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The clarity is awesome, I have seen the light don't ya think. This is the only option for late night driving.

TJVach

TJVach's Reviews

05-02-2008, 01:23 AM
Price: $130.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I purchased the Hella 7" E-Code housings with city lights and put Osram 70/65W Hyper H4 bulbs in them. The output is FANTASTIC! There is an even amount of light and a very sharp cutoff to the top. I no longer need my fog lights to give me a nice spread of light. I highly recommend these!

DeconsTructionJ

DeconsTructionJ's Reviews

04-29-2008, 01:49 AM
Price: $45.00
Pros: great beam pattern, no need to adjust after instal
Recommended? Yes

Comments: this is one of the best mods I have ever done I have done it to both of my TJ's now

the Hella lights are superior to the off brand I used previously, The Hella's have a very good beam pattern and the bulbs that were supplied with the lenses are bright enough that I have no use for my foglights anymore but they do not blind oncoming traffic.

when they were installed they went in perfectly I went out afterwards to adjust my headlights but there was no need