Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Body > Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs > Hella 500

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Hella 500 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs Next Product

Hella 500

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $80.00
Average Price: $65.84
Manufacturer: Hella
Recommended?
Yes: 63 / No: 1

Fog lights

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last »

DaFuzz80
DaFuzz80's Reviews
07-16-2010, 05:54 PM
Price: $69.99
Pros: Very bright, good focused beam with minimal stray light
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 500FF used, very bright, lights up the ditches well, good focused beam with minimal stray light, light covers attach firmly with no rattles, very pleased with these lights

mikecrts

mikecrts's Reviews
06-11-2010, 10:54 PM
Price: $68.00
Pros: Cheap.
Cons: None.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Cheap, comes in a kit just wire them and go.

reTJcon01
reTJcon01's Reviews

05-10-2010, 04:35 AM
Price: $75.00
Pros: cheap, bright, easy install
Cons: as soon as they got wet, they faded. Used to be brighter than my high beam OEM lights. Now they're less than my low beam OEM lights.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: just dont get them drenched, soaked...idk. Pretty sure i did too many water crossings with them and that screwed them up. Great while it lasted, now im going to IPF's or KC's.

mjk65
mjk65's Reviews
04-10-2010, 07:40 PM
Pros: Unbelievably Bright
Cons: Wish they were a little bit less of a spot light
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy install, very bright, durable. No problems thus far.

loud99wj

loud99wj's Reviews
02-17-2010, 10:42 PM
Price: $70.00
Pros: very bright great lights
Cons: i dont have more
Recommended? Yes

Comments: theese are great for aux lighting nothing else to say

KevLaredo
KevLaredo's Reviews
02-17-2010, 01:20 AM
Price: $40.00
Pros: Got em used cheap. BRIGHT! Looks great. Easy enough to install. If i can do it so can you.
Cons: none really. when bulbs die ill upgrade em to 100w tho becuase i like em even brighter.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Got em used cheap. BRIGHT! Looks great. Easy enough to install. If i can do it so can you.

jeepsage
jeepsage's Reviews
02-09-2010, 09:22 AM
Price: $76.00
Pros: Good price
Cons: Kinda wimpy looking
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought these mainly because of price, but also reputation. Just wish that the housing looked a little more beefy.
But again, dollar for dollar... they don't look as cheesey as some of the other fogs out there

Agility

Agility's Reviews
02-08-2010, 08:46 PM
Price: $60.00
Pros: Excellent fog lights, very bright, not a bad price
Cons: Had to weld the brackets to my bumper, the nuts kept loosening themselves while driving over bumps, roots, and potholes.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very easy install, great fog/driving lights. I welded mine to the bumper and installed a switch right next to the E-brake lever, very convenient. A crucial lighting upgrade in my opinion.

rritch
rritch's Reviews
01-19-2010, 12:59 PM
Price: $73.00
Pros: Good reputation, price, light output, DOT approved street legal
Cons: plastic housing
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have 2 of the Hella 500 driving lights installed on a Safari bar. The light output from them is really good and focused. I like that they are DOT approved with 55w bulbs so I can use them to help supplement the less than stellar stock headlights. The price is really good and installation was straight forward and easy.

jeepinmichguy_

I haz ah Geep
jeepinmichguy_'s Reviews
01-15-2010, 09:25 AM
Pros: easy install, you can get piece parts if the break
Cons: all plastic
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The lighting on these whether the fog or driving are nice, install is a breeze and the directions are spot on. I wired directly to the battery instead of the headlights so i could use at my leasure without worrying about the brights turning them off. The only con is its all thin plastic but if they break there cheap to repair.

Leoboy297
Leoboy297's Reviews
01-13-2010, 10:50 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: good lights, nice covers, good price
Cons: not to sturdy of a mounting system
Recommended? Yes

Comments: these are great lights at an affordable price, nice and bright.. just need to buy reinforcemtns for no shaking on the trail or road.

Leoboy297
Leoboy297's Reviews
01-11-2010, 02:29 AM
Pros: affordable, reliable, nice looking
Cons: hard to remove covers
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These are good lights, espcially on the trail, and when it is really bad out.

jbozz17
jbozz17's Reviews
12-17-2009, 02:02 PM
Pros: bright, wide beam
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: wish they were a little brighter

Red_Rubicon
Red_Rubicon's Reviews
12-12-2009, 03:57 PM
Pros: Brights as hell
Cons: None.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought the 500 driving lights to complement the OEM fog lights and they light up the trail great.

MoCab
MoCab's Reviews
12-07-2009, 06:08 PM
Price: $35.00
Pros: cheap and came with all wiringing.
Cons: The Switch included in the kit looked lame and cheap.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got all the wiring and relay installed and then had to come up with a good way to mount switch. While poking around on the net I found the fog light switch for a 97-2002 for Omix-ada. It looked like it would fit in the one blank spot I had in the center console. A little requiring and modification to the unused Overdrive plug (my TJ has manual) and it all fit. Switch blend right in and if you didn't know better you would think it belonged there...

FST1994ZJ
FST1994ZJ's Reviews
11-16-2009, 12:44 PM
Pros: Very bright Light up the road Easily installed
Cons: No cons yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought these hellas to put on my front bumper cause it has for places to mount them. i put them in front of my grille so they are the same level as my headlights. They dont really restrict any air from getting to the radiator i have not had overheating problems. Knock on Wood. I would recommend these 100 percent

UPcruiser
UPcruiser's Reviews
08-27-2009, 02:04 AM
Price: $50.00
Pros: bright, affordable, and durable
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: a good investment, brighter and stronger than any cheap lights i had on previous trucks

Mrozandy
Mrozandy's Reviews
08-21-2009, 08:06 PM
Price: $80.00
Pros: Put out alot of light for 55 watts. Durable construction. Due to 55 watt rating you have the ability to use factory wiring ( replacing factory fog lights).
Cons: Could use more adjustability.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I purchased a set of each: Fog lights and driving lights. The driving lights are blidingly bright, but if I had to do it again I would have purchased two sets of fogs. I have the driving lights mounted on windshield mounts and the fogs mounted on my front bumper. The driving lights produce an extremely bright narrow beam that reaches way out in front of you and would be great for high speed night driving, but I don't do high speed. The fogs put off a more subtle light that helps broaden the path of light directly in front of the jeep and really help to see in fog and rain as well as helping to avoid otherwise unseen obstacles when off roading at slow speeds at night. If these lights had better adjustability/ aimabilty I would by another set of fogs to replace the driving lights, but I'd want to be able to aim them down almost aiming at the ground behind the front wheels, but their current mounting design prevents that from happening. You cannot aim them down very far at all.

ekpowell
ekpowell's Reviews
08-11-2009, 07:06 PM
Pros: Decent offroad light set for the price
Cons: Doesn't look to be very durable
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Mounted on the Aries front brushguard. Easy install. Hardes was finding a place to put the switch.

TJ-xtreme
TJ-xtreme's Reviews
08-07-2009, 01:53 AM
Price: $65.99
Pros: Very bright and shine a very long distance...
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These things are rediculaously bright and definitely get the job done...

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last »