Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Body > Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs > Hella 500

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Hella 500 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs Next Product

Hella 500

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $80.00
Average Price: $65.84
Manufacturer: Hella
Recommended?
Yes: 63 / No: 1

Fog lights

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last »

Fergi_1264

water lover
Fergi_1264's Reviews
12-31-2013, 02:23 AM
Price: $124.00
Pros: Very bright, the white covers are great eye catcher
Cons: Installation instructions were not easy to follow.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I am glad how well they work for the outside shoulder angles and really show the deer hiding in the bushes!!

traveler57

traveler57's Reviews

03-07-2013, 04:56 PM
Price: $75.00
Pros: Great lights, simple to install
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: If you cannot afford the expensive lights, then these are a great alternative. I have the 500 fogs mounted on my Body Armor bumper and they work fantastic. They do not blind anyone and they double the light in the first 30-40 ft and on the sides compares to using just the low beams. The factory fogs were pretty much useless! And i even wired these into the stock factory harness. (with the required resistor/capacitor mods of course)
Note that 55W is exactly why i bought these. In many states, 55W is the max you can use ON-road and I can keep them uncovered all the time and still be 100% legal. Using 100W means keeping them covered and using them only off-road.
So for a 55W light, these are great. I also have the Hella 700 Driving lights, and they are great too. but I know, as with any aux light, that my next purchase will be the wire mesh covers to give them a bit of protection.

Moose12

Moose12's Reviews
02-28-2013, 08:51 PM
Pros: Looks great Drastically better night driving
Cons: the plastic covers on the lights are a PITA to take off, especially when your hands are freezing.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Overall great product. Have them mounted on the stock front bumper for now. Only wish I would get the cage cover but its not that big of a deal anyways.

jsp129
jsp129's Reviews
11-22-2012, 10:16 PM
Price: $55.00
Pros: Added light, nice harness, easy to hook up and use
Cons: 55w :( wish they came with the 100w bulbs, plastic housing wear my old piaas were metal
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Nice lights put out good amount of light just wish they were brighter then 55w, and weren't a plastic housing

cjm7283
cjm7283's Reviews
05-22-2012, 12:42 AM
Price: $70.00
Pros: durable and very bright shine
Cons: cheap plastic lock with screw holding light lamp in housing. because of plastic body, mount hole of body and metal bracket supplied with kit is hard to keep straight. also cause there off-road lamps, expect people to get annoyed coming from opposite direction.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: simple and effective design but low end product. you pay for what you get

electromage

electromage's Reviews
03-26-2012, 02:03 PM
Pros: Bright, solid mounts
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Running 100W bulbs. Actually 500FF.

Piepenbrok420
Piepenbrok420's Reviews
11-05-2011, 12:05 AM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Cheap, nice look, bright for the price
Cons: comes with confusing wiring/crappy wiring set-up
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought four of these Hella 500's new in the box of craigslist for $100, came with really crappy wiring (18g) so i threw all that out and rigged it up myself with my own wiring. they work great, pretty lengthy install time (about 6 hours), mounted them to my front roof rack cross rail. If you get a decent deal on them i'd go for it, better price than the competitors.

Jomphe
Jomphe's Reviews
10-06-2011, 02:34 PM
Pros: Easy to bolt on. Looks good. Pretty bright.
Cons: PAIN IN THE A$$ to wire.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: They are pretty sweet. I just bought 4 of them to put on my roof rack. So far, I love them. Only problem is... that they are a PAIN IN THE A$$ to wire. The instructions are crap unless you're a master electrician. Then again, this WAS my first wiring job.. so that may have something to do with it. Would I recommend them? Hella yes.

MuddSlutt

MuddSlutt's Reviews
09-20-2011, 04:56 PM
Price: $68.00
Pros: bright lighting
Cons: beams are too projected and not wide
Recommended? Yes

Comments: these lights are more like a spot light, they are good for straight roads and trails but difficult to see when turning

StigSauer
StigSauer's Reviews
09-19-2011, 03:22 AM
Price: $69.99
Pros: Bright, low amp draw
Cons: none really
Recommended? Yes

Comments: bought these lights for up on my windshield mounts. they are very bright and put minimal strain on my electrical system.

BlackDaddyZJ

BlackDaddyZJ's Reviews
09-05-2011, 07:03 PM
Pros: lights look good, take h3 bulbs
Cons: nope
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i have 4 hella 500's mounted on a KOR bumper mounted light bar. i put 4 100w yellow h3 bulbs and they are extremely bright, plus the yellow helps in the snow and rain.

robob280
robob280's Reviews
06-30-2011, 10:41 AM
Price: $60.00
Pros: Easy to set up and are pretty bright for the price
Cons: Get a cheap nock off and does the same thing
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Only reason it gets a good is because of the 55w bulbs. Anything brighter than 100w bulbs and you'll be glad you upgraded. Significant difference by doing that!

greene69

Web Wheeler
greene69's Reviews
03-31-2011, 04:42 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Very bright
Cons: made of plastic
Recommended? Yes

Comments: good bright lights

ubengineer
ubengineer's Reviews
03-24-2011, 09:34 AM
Price: $50.00
Pros: cheap
Cons: ...
Recommended? Yes

Comments: ...

Filter661

Filter661's Reviews
03-13-2011, 03:06 PM
Pros: Great visibility, very bright
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy to install, easy bulb replacement. They will definatly light up the road.

JG04TJ
JG04TJ's Reviews
03-01-2011, 10:50 AM
Price: $1.00
Pros: free
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I found these laying around my dads garage. They were attached to an old Cherokee light bar and the wires had all been ripped out. My dad was using them as a weight to hold down a sheet over a car. I soldered them up, painted up the back and put them on my Olympic Auxiliary bar. I do not know what kind of Hella light they are, but they are 7" Hellas.

TJLove
TJLove's Reviews
01-21-2011, 10:15 PM
Pros: Look great, Very bright!
Cons: Nothing about the product itself, just ish I could use them more often!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have a White Jeep so these lights with the white light covers look awesome! I have them mounted in between my mirrors and my windshield which I think is different from the usual bumper mount and makes them stand out a lot more.

88ComancheChief
88ComancheChief's Reviews
10-23-2010, 01:19 PM
Price: $40.00
Pros: Nice compact light, perfect for replacing factory. TJ fog lights
Cons: Nothing at this time
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Nice compact light, perfect for replacing factory. TJ fog lights

Motocross935
Motocross935's Reviews
10-06-2010, 04:55 PM
Price: $69.99
Pros: Cheap and easy to install
Cons: wish they came with stone gaurds.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I picked these up at my local checker for a pretty good price. They came with a wiring kit and instructions. The instructions said to tie them into your brights wire but i just ran it off its own switch. They are a lot brighter than my brights and I may just buy another set.

badgerking
badgerking's Reviews
08-10-2010, 11:31 PM
Price: $40.00
Pros: Bright, inexpensive
Cons: Larger diameter
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought the set used with Hella plastic covers. Wired into my factory fog circuit and they work very well. Really light up the night at a distance. They are larger diameter so you have to have a good sturdy place to mount them but they look good and much better than square lights.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last »