Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Body > Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs > Delta Skybar

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Delta Skybar Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs Next Product

Delta Skybar

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $800.00
Average Price: $733.33
Manufacturer: Delta
Recommended?
Yes: 2 / No: 1
Company Website: http://deltatechindustries.com/

Delta SkyBar was specifically designed for Jeep Wrangler TJ and JK. It is constructed of machined Billet Aluminum mounting arms and spacers and plasma cut 13 ga. Steel cross bar holding a battery of 6 (ea) xenon driving lights. The intergrated design of the SkyBar complements the roof-line and the unique lines on Jeep Wrangler. It is designed to allow garage clearance with any lifts. The bar does not interfere with any roof, soft or hard top. The light bar is wired to allow 3 phases of operation 2, 4 and all 6 lights. The light bar offers a precision vertical aiming adjustment. The mounting billet arms attach to the side by the windshield to existing bolt holes thus requiring NO DRILLING. The SkyBar comes complete pre-wired with an OEM double harness, two switches, relays, fuses and all necessary hardware.

The set contains:

One (ea) steel cross bar
6 (ea) xenon 4 driving lights
6 (ea) hard plastic covers
2 (ea) billet aluminum mounting arms
2 (ea) billet aluminum spacers (for JK only)
4 (ea) mounting bolts
2 (ea) wiring harnesses
2 (ea) toggle illuminated switches
2 (ea) relays and fuses

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

mtnmedic10
mtnmedic10's Reviews
04-30-2014, 06:14 PM
Price: $1,000.00
Pros: Very bright and easy to fix burned out bulbs. Looks sharp. Low-profile
Cons: Very expensive for a light bar.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy to install and comes pre wired. Extremely bright and low profile. Adds no extra inches to the jeep.

09WranglerX
09WranglerX's Reviews
10-21-2009, 12:22 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: easy to install, bright lighting
Cons: kind of distracting for the driver at night.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It's not the Delta Skybar, but it is a Delta product. It is three fog lights in a bar across the hood. Hyper-white bulbs are blinding even in the daytime.

Md_06Unltd

Md_06Unltd's Reviews

05-28-2009, 09:22 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: Low profile styling (allows me to fit in my parking garage at work). Looks really nice.
Cons: Not very bright. Reflects off hood. Drilling IS required. Cheap toggle switches. Poor customer service
Recommended? No

Comments: I looked at and admired this light bar for some time before I bought it, but was never able to find any reviews for it.
I purchased this lightbar about two years ago (spring 07) and mounted it on my 2006 LJ (Unlimited).
Contrary to the description, drilling IS required. One hole through the firewall and a second hole through the top of the passenger side "A" post. The hole in the firewall is necessary to run the wires from the battery and relay to the toggle switches inside the cab. The second hole is necessary to run the other set of wires from the top of the light bar down to the toggle switches. Only 1 rubber pass through was provided with the wiring.
The first time I powered them on I was disappointed. For $800.00, I expected to turn my dark back yard into a sunny day. Secondly, there is a horrible glare reflecting off the hood. Made several attempts at adjusting them, but wound up wrapping black tape around the outsides of each of the 6 lenses to cure the problem.
One of the toggle switches stopped working after a year. Emailed and called Delta for troubleshooting of the lack of light intensity (do I need a larger battery (Optima red top), or a stronger alternator (stock). After several unanswered emails and phone messages, I was finally able to speak to someone who identified himself as the operations manager. But he could not answer my questions about the intensity issue, and blew me off about the toggle switch. Took my name and number and I never heard back from them.
I do have the Delta quad bar headlights (which was why I opted for their light bar) and they ROCK!!! But as for the light bar....save your money.

Update: Dec 27, 09; Two of the lights have stopped working!