Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Body > Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs > Delta H4 Quadbar Xenon 7" Headlamps

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under Coil Spring Options from Ruffstuff!

Delta H4 Quadbar Xenon 7" Headlamps Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs Next Product

Delta H4 Quadbar Xenon 7" Headlamps

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $109.99
Average Price: $1,018.54
Manufacturer: Delta
Recommended?
Yes: 9 / No: 3

Designed specifically for Jeep applications, the Delta Quad Bar Headlight is a direct replacement for your underpowered stock headlights.

Manufacturer Part No: 1-1199-50X

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

Nadamamasboy

Nadamamasboy's Reviews
07-14-2013, 03:53 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Nice lights, blue tint with the bulbs I ordered
Cons: You can't use headlight guards with these lights. They're different and the guards won't fit unless you're good at mods.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: A little tight on the install as these lights are actually flat so they end up taking more space in the light area. A bit of a ***** to get in and you won't be able to do it with a magnetic screwdriver that has interchangeable tips. You will need an actual torx drive screwdriver.

Chewy6

Chewy6's Reviews
05-26-2012, 10:48 PM
Price: $130.00
Pros: More light
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I find these provide much more light than stock lights. LED running lights built in. More light and don't bother oncoming drivers. Also bought extra bulbs an put them in my factory fog lights, they also provide better light now.

IH8PEPL

So glad its not a Fiat
IH8PEPL's Reviews

05-18-2012, 07:50 PM
Price: $140.00
Pros: Better than stock, can replace bulbs if you like.
Cons: Pricey, really snug fit, light output of Deltas bulbs sucks, googly eye effect.
Recommended? No

Comments: **Im writing this review 2 years after the intial purchase and use of the Delta Quad Bar Xenon boosted headlights. Just ditched them for LEDs**

Face it - stock headlites are terrible!!! I live in deer infested WI so I started looking for something better. Found the Deltas. I liked that I could swap out bulbs rather than the whole lamp. When I got them - 100% better than stock. BUT, since stock was like having 2 candles lighting your way, it left a lot of room for me to be "impressed".

The actual lamps fit very snug - only allowing me to get 2 out of 3 bezel screws back into place. The plastic ring on the lamp got marred by the torx screwdriver because of how little room the lamps left.

The blue tint of the xenon boosted bulbs got old quick - especially in winter or rainy conditions - you couldnt see a damn thing! Luckily I had IPF driving lights to make up for it. If you dont have secondary lights, you will probably end up in a ditch.

So, I swapped the Delta bulbs for Sylvania Ultra Whites - which were awesome. Again nice to be able to change bulbs... but when I dropped $130 on lights - I want them to work without having to drop another $40+ on better bulbs.

The housings are not water tight so if you do a water crossing/car wash/driving in the rain, you will get condensation inside the lamps.

Another thing I absolutly HATED about the Delta Quad Bars was the Googly eye effect. The actual plastic quad bar has a black center cone that covers the bulb. The reflection of that plastic cone creates a googly eye when the lights are not on. I **** you not the eyes follow you when you walk buy and made the Jeep look comical and dopey. This was 75% of the reason I ditched them - some people probably dont notice or care - I did and it drove me nuts. *See Pic, one of the only pics I have of the googly eye since I would do my best to never get it in photos*

Overall, I would urge you to look at other options. As a new Jeep owner who only knew of what was in a Quadratec catalog - I ended up spending $200 over the 2 years I had these. Thats $200 I could have put towards LED or other top end lighting.

jmess

jmess's Reviews
12-19-2011, 05:49 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Very bright, Look good
Cons: Installed was hard to get the Light Bezels back in
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great light they look good and provide coverage of the road and good distance.

DasFrettchen

DasFrettchen's Reviews
03-16-2011, 10:32 PM
Price: $120.00
Pros: Look great and provide good lighting
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Nice looking headlights, simple installation, work as a good headlight should.

famousstar1026

famousstar1026's Reviews
12-01-2010, 07:15 AM
Price: $150.00
Pros: clean clear
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: hard to adjust

greenglazier
greenglazier's Reviews
09-10-2010, 05:39 PM
Price: $80.00
Pros: good looking
Cons: water gets in them easy
Recommended? No

Comments: water gets in them just with a regular car wash but at least they look better than factory

RockMonster
RockMonster's Reviews

04-22-2010, 02:16 AM
Price: $10,000.00
Pros: bright output, uses replacable bulbs instead of having to replace the whole headlamp, if you needed extra light would be easy to set up as HID setup
Cons: supprisingly hard to install
Recommended? No

Comments: great light output compared to stock and look cool to but there suprisingly hard to install (especially in the freezing cold). some advice though, switch out those pesky torx bolts to some good ol fashon phillips head skrews.

2006_Sport

2006_Sport's Reviews
12-04-2009, 08:44 PM
Price: $103.99
Pros: ............brighter than stock..good light output. I like the look too
Cons: none.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Really dumb to have 75char limit. I like the light output on these. The cutoff line is nice

GroceryGetter01

GroceryGetter01's Reviews
12-01-2009, 05:33 PM
Price: $120.00
Pros: Great light out put
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Much better then the stock TJ lights. I like the blacked out look of them and will add HIDs once the bulbs need to be replaced.

mouse

mouse's Reviews

02-10-2009, 12:01 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love this product the lights are very bright compaired to the stock lights for the TJ.

Libtekguy

Libtekguy's Reviews

01-08-2009, 03:42 AM
Price: $109.99
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very bright, definately much brighter than stock. Comes with a "city light" feature. Basicaly just a really small bulb that lights up the housing, but not bright enough to actually project light.