Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Body > Tops > SpiderWeb ShadeTop

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!Thursday Savings BlastIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

SpiderWeb ShadeTop Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tops Next Product

SpiderWeb ShadeTop

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $59.99
Average Price: $71.70
Manufacturer: SpiderWeb Shade Solutions
Recommended?
Yes: 17 / No: 0
Company Website: http://www.spiderwebshade.com/

This is a durable, mesh bikini top. It secures right to the roll bar with no hardware and blocks out most of the wind in your hair. It shades well, looks good and installs in just a few minutes....

Link to site: http://www.spiderwebshade.com/

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

gsj8171
gsj8171's Reviews

07-07-2014, 12:21 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Durable mesh Keeps out the sun Easy to install
Cons: Bungees snap in the front with use
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love the shade. Have had it for a year. However the spider ball bungees in the front snap easily with use because, as we all know, elastic is not very durable. I have been through quite a few and tried many alternatives like Harbor Freight bungee balls, Nite Ize twist ties from Lowes. All seem to give out eventually. But I found a great solution that lasts. Buy 550 paracord (Nite Ize 1/8-in x 50-ft Braided Nylon Rope) at Lowes and reuse the existing spiderballs. Measure the spiderball bungees (before removing them) at their installed and stretched length or a 1/4 inch shorter (since the paracord does not stretch) and cut the cord to that length. The top will stretch a little. This has worked great and they have not broken since. Spidershade should use paracord for the front.

99SprintST
99SprintST's Reviews
05-30-2014, 11:08 AM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Holding up really well, have had mine since they first came out and have never taken it off.
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Love being able to leave this on with the soft top up. works great in the Southeast to keep the blazing sun off in the summer. Works great in the winter to put a blanket in between it and the soft top to help keep the cab warm. Great product and good people.

baldness17
baldness17's Reviews

07-18-2013, 07:34 PM
Price: $80.00
Pros: Great price, 5 year warranty, easy to install, versatile, works with any cage, great customer service, and most importantly - MADE IN USA
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It's not often you find a product with all of the pro's listed. Great top for the summer!

switters88

switters88's Reviews

01-17-2013, 10:44 PM
Price: $80.00
Pros: Shields sun from kids eyes and skin. Looks great on my '98 black TJ. I keep this sucker on year round - under the hardtop in the winter and on all summer long (even under the soft top when raining. Very durable with solid construction.
Cons: The only con is getting caught in the rain and getting drenched.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This thing is rad. Better than dealing with any other bikini top and no channel to install... and uninstall when you need to put the hardtop back on.

IH8PEPL

Web Wheeler
IH8PEPL's Reviews

03-26-2012, 05:19 PM
Price: $60.00
Pros: American Made, Top notch quality, No seprate header bar to buy, Versitile, Quick and easy install. Great customer service!!!
Cons: Web site is sort of unclear as to how the product looks on various models ie; TJ vs LJ
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought the SW1 Trail Mesh for my Jeep LJ since I dont have a back seat. Fast shipping, great quality, easy to install, Made in America . You dont need to buy a $80+ dollar header channel like you do with Bestop china crap. Provides shade, but still keeps the open top feel. I like it so much that I am going to buy a SW2 to use as a top/wind jammer.

One of the best products I have bought for my Jeep. You wont be disappointed.

ekpowell
ekpowell's Reviews
10-06-2010, 06:01 PM
Price: $65.00
Pros: nice product easy to install and can leave on under the softop
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: good product

tjmdr
tjmdr's Reviews

06-22-2010, 09:34 AM
Price: $59.97
Pros: No header, Quick insallation, Fits with top up, Gives the right amount of sun protection.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very Good product. Well made and easy to install. On the road it gives great shade and cuts down on some of the wind. No need to take it off the top fits over it.

igrok

igrok's Reviews
05-24-2010, 03:38 PM
Price: $79.00
Pros: Keeps the sun from cooking you, quick install, easy to clean
Cons: Poor install instructions, comes in only 1 color: black
Recommended? Yes

Comments: My only beef with the shade top is that the instructions are very lacking. With the 3 piece unit, there is nothing to tell you which piece goes over the front of the cab or the back of the cab or which piece to use as the wind jammer. Granted, you can figure it out, but all of them fit over any area with moderate success. It would be nice if they were labeled or diagram with sizes and where they go. it would be cool to get it in a different color as well.

IdahoTJ
IdahoTJ's Reviews

10-12-2009, 03:51 PM
Price: $69.99
Pros: Easy to install, no header bar like my previous bikini top, folds to a compact size to keep stored in a vehicle with limited space or can be left on with either the hard top or soft top!
Cons: Not enough balls for the number of grommets, and could use a few more of those.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got the two piece SW2, and it is great! It can be configured multiple ways, it is well made, and for the price, no other bikini top can touch it. I'm truly surprised no one came up with this design prior to now, it is very simple, yet innovative. I highly recommend the Spiderweb Shadetop, and I have already told and shown it to several friends that aren't on the forum.

IdahoTJ
IdahoTJ's Reviews

10-08-2009, 09:58 PM
Price: $69.99
Pros: Easy to install, no header bar like my previous bikini top, folds to a compact size to keep stored in a vehicle with limited space or can be left on with either the hard top or soft top!
Cons: Not enough balls for the number of grommets, and could use a few more of those.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got the two piece SW2, and it is great! It can be configured multiple ways, it is well made, and for the price, no other bikini top can touch it. I'm truly surprised no one came up with this design prior to now, it is very simple, yet innovative. I highly recommend the Spiderweb Shadetop, and I have already told and shown it to several friends that aren't on the forum.

Blackbeard
Blackbeard's Reviews

07-25-2009, 08:55 PM
Price: $59.99
Pros: - Vents well! - Keeps the Hot Texas 100+ Degree Sun off of me. - Keeps the Jeep interior Cooler after parking. - Looks GREAT! - Highly Functional.
Cons: - More Grommets Than Spider Balls. (See Review Below) - Not Enough Grommets. (See Review Below) - No Written Instructions Included. (See Review Below)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I received my SpiderWeb SW1 today. The instant the Mail-Lady handed it to me, I had a smile on my face. I was heading out for a ride in an hour, and my SW1 arrived in PERFECT time. Let me address my "CONS" noted above, before I continue with the Review:

* More Grommets Than Spider Balls. I picked up a bag of Spider Balls (Bag of 4 8" Spider Balls for $1.89 at Advance Auto Parts), used two of those to secure the Grommets just in front of the Rear Grommets. Now the back of the SW1 is secure, doesn't flap, and rolls with the curve of the Roll Bar.

* Not Enough Grommets. After I finished installing my SpiderWeb SW1, I thought the Top Center appeared to have a bit of slack in it, and didn't flatten out as much as it should have. I checked my Grommets, and all of them had been utilized. I came back and watched the Installation Video again, and noticed that I had a different configuration than the Video was Installing (See Below "No Written Instructions Included", as this will explain.). The one in the Video, had 14 Grommets. 3 in Front, 4 on the Front Sides by the Front Seats, 2 in the Middle, 2 in the Rear Sides, and 3 in the Rear. Mine, however, had 13 Grommets. 5 in Front, 4 on the Front Sides, 2 in the Rear Sides, and 2 in the Rear Corners. I didn't have any Grommets in the Middle, which would have taken the slack out of the Center, just behind the Sound Bar.

* No Written Instructions Included. Although their website has a few Installation Videos available (and I "DID" watch all of them...), I wound up getting the SW1 with 3 Short (3"-4") Spider Balls, 6 Medium Spider Balls, and 2 Long Spider Balls. I used one of the Short Spider Balls to secure the Center Front Grommet to the Center Footman's Loop on the Windshield, then the two Long Spider Balls to secure the Rear Grommets just under the Rear Seatbelt Brackets. At this point, I had 6 Medium Spider Balls and 2 Short Spider Balls left. Looking at the remaining Grommets and Spider Balls, I assumed that the 2 Short Spider Balls were to be connected to the Left and Right Footman's Loops, where the Soft Top Clamps connect to. Hmmm! I didn't see that on any of the Video's. I set the 2 Short Spider Balls aside for the moment, and finished connecting the 6 Medium Spider Balls. 2 of these went to the Front Corner Grommets, connecting it to the Front Corner of the Roll Bar, 2 went to the Front Side Grommets, connecting it to the Roll Bar just in front of the Driver/Passenger Seats, and the last 2 went in the Back Set Side Grommets, connecting it to the Roll Bar just even with the back of the Front Seats. Now, I'm left with the 2 Short Spider Balls, and 2 Empty Grommets in the Front Center, one on either side of the Front Center Grommet. I took a chance, and called SpiderWeb on a Saturday, and actually got someone. Allen (I believe it's the Gent in the Video's) was EXTREMELY helpful, and explained that my SW1 was a newer configuration than the former SW1 model. The 2 Short Spider Balls, did indeed go into the 2 Center Front Grommets and connect to the Left and Right Footman's Loops, as I had suspected. When I asked him if the Soft Top Clamps would close over these, he advised me that the 2 Spider Balls would have to be removed, in order to successfully close the Soft Top Clamps. The outer 2 Front Corner Grommets and the Center Front Grommet would be sufficient to keep the front part of the SpiderWeb up. Allen further added, that there would be new Installation Video's coming out within the next 2-3 Weeks, so stay tuned for those.

Now, to finish the Review. Overall, I'm pleased with the final product and installation. The material is good quality, not cheap. When I took my ride after I had installed it, it was nice to have the Sun not beating down on me. I made a couple of stops along the way, and even though I parked for about 10 minutes each time, the interior of my Jeep was quite comfortable after I got back in. The steering wheel cover wasn't hot, as it usually is, and I didn't burn myself on the inner metal door. Sweet!

Even though I wrote three CONS above, I must say, I'm EXTREMELY IMPRESSED, that SpiderWeb.Com has been continuously Updating/Upgrading their Product, and is now offering the SW1, SW2, and SW3 models. From my standpoint, this company "IS" listening to their Customers, via word-of-mouth, or by the Customer's Feedback. You can't improve on a product, if you don't know what's wrong with it, so let them know what PROS & CONS you have, and the next SpiderWeb Shade made available, will be better than the last one. Chris & the SpiderWeb Team..... KUDOS to you Folks for a WONDERFUL Product! Thanks!

k421incubus
k421incubus's Reviews

07-20-2009, 03:51 PM
Price: $79.99
Pros: cooler, quieter, more enjoyable jeep experience
Cons: A little hard to latch top at header.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product! I got the 2 piece SW2. Fits great, blocks just enough heat, wind, and sun to make florida summers without AC bearable.

InfernoGirl

InfernoGirl's Reviews

07-06-2009, 04:02 PM
Pros: Easy and quick install, makes nice shade, looks good too! :)
Cons: None, as of yet.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Just got my SpiderWeb today, installed it in 3 minutes, and it looks and performs as advertised. We have tried briefly several configurations of the SW1, and all are quick easy changes, that serve their purpose pretty well. Hubby likes it best in the original config, as a safari type top, as it keeps the hair out of his face best that way. I will probably fold the front back to enjoy the sun, while shading the kids, most of the time. Unless it is brutally hot out, but that is a 2 minute swap, so no biggie.

I highly recommend this product for anyone who loves the open air feeling you can only get in a Jeep, but who likes or needs some shade on those miserable days.

Gr8_Outdoorsman

Gr8_Outdoorsman's Reviews

06-30-2009, 12:39 AM
Price: $79.99
Pros: Easy to install Fits under factory soft top Keeps the open air feeling Provides "just enough" shade
Cons: I added an extra pair of grommets to better fit the back seat of my LJ.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have an 06 Rubicon Unlimited LJ and decided to give the SW-2 a shot. This is a great top that was cheese to install. It does not flap around when at speed. It gives just the right amount of shade when the sun is beating down directly overhead. I would recommend this top.

Notice the protection from the bird "bombs"!

JEB74
JEB74's Reviews

08-24-2008, 12:45 PM
SpiderWeb Shade Solutions SpiderWeb ShadeTop
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Serves the purpose of keeping you shaded in direct sun perfectly. Does not blow around, and fits very nicely without having to install windshield channel.

chesapeakesoja
chesapeakesoja's Reviews

06-26-2008, 11:51 AM
Price: $55.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is awesome, fast and easy to install/remove and requires no windshield channel.

rustywrangler

Got my eye on you.....
rustywrangler's Reviews

06-18-2008, 10:19 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very sturdy, well designed, easy to install top. Kept the wind out of my hair and the sun out of my eyes. Fits under every jeep top making it easy to take a hard top off and go.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.