brandonse24
1999 WJ 

Rampage Cab top & Tonneau

half cab top with tonneau cover

post #2 of Old 03-26-2009, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
brandonse24
1999 WJ 

Rampage Cab top & Tonneau

I love this thing, back windows a bit on the big side, but i didnt ned a rear seat so i got it.
post #3 of Old 08-11-2009, 05:08 PM
ekpowell
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Can cover the front seats only or front and rear. Need the header channel which is another $50.
post #4 of Old 12-29-2009, 02:12 PM
ElGuapoBond
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Relatively easy product to install, it uses the door surrounds from the soft top kit and a header bar will have to be purchased. The soft top support bar mounts need to be removed or they may wear a hole in those locations and I opted to remove the rear seat/hardware/belts to give me more storage room. I have an instatrunk so a secure storage area is still available. The rear window is held on with three zippers and numerous straps along with the three snaps that secures the lower part of the window to the rear cover itself.
post #5 of Old 06-24-2010, 01:27 PM
TR26
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Amazon had a deal that claimed to include a tonneau with the cab cover for $140, so I bought it and complained when it lacked the tonneau. To their credit, they were happy to make it right and ship me one!

The top itself was a breeze to install once I took off my old top, but I could not get the top tight enough to stay in. A call to Rampage brought suggestions of ensuring the windshield header channel was far enough forward and potentially adjusting my windshield forward - both were easy and the Rampage guy was very helpful.

Now it's all installed and decent enough, and I think the top will go from decent to excellent with the addition of a support bow to keep it taut.
post #6 of Old 05-20-2011, 06:47 AM
bahndrvr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I have the Bowless top, love it so far, easy to install, great tiinted windows and looks different from everyone else
post #7 of Old 04-13-2012, 12:40 PM
jeepnfrommy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I bought this top thinking that it was nice looking and a more economical replacement for my aging soft top than getting a full top replacement.

I normally have the back seat out of my jeep anyhow, so losing the extra space wasn't an issue. I also felt it was a way to make my 99 TJ look more unique.

All went well, until it got rained on. Then it becomes glaringly obvious that Rampage either didn't test their product or tried to keep the price down by selling something that's not complete.

There are two main problems: 1) This top does not seal well at the base of the cab enclosure/top of the tonneau. There isn't a zipper or velcro to make the connection between the horizontal tonneau and the vertical cab enclosure. Water can find it's way in if it rains hard enough. Kind of shady, but not a deal breaker.

2) This is where I got really ticked off. After rain the cab top and tonneau both hold water. I contacted Rampage and got a quick email back about where to get some top supports that would eliminate the ponding. The supports were 1/2 the cost of the top! My good deal just vanished and now I just wish I had got a full top. The topper was that they are aware of the problem because they've started to include the supports in other tops to eliminate the ponding issue in them.

I'm probably going to bite the bullet and buy the supports and roll with the 1/2 top because the look is cool. But Rampage should let you know these costs up front before you have to shell out the money after the fact.
post #8 of Old 09-25-2012, 06:51 PM
B-Roc11
1993 YJ Wrangler 

A good hardware frame but the frame takes some time to put together. The instructions should be revised a little.