Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Body > Tops > Rampage Cab top & Tonneau

Disc Brake Kits from ECGSECGS JK Dana 60 Bolt In Rear DiffGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Rampage Cab top & Tonneau Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tops Next Product

Rampage Cab top & Tonneau

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $179.00
Average Price: $219.71
Manufacturer: Rampage
Recommended?
Yes: 6 / No: 1

half cab top with tonneau cover

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

B-Roc11
B-Roc11's Reviews
09-25-2012, 08:51 PM
Price: $275.00
Pros: Fits my OEM Soft Top.
Cons: Takes some time to put together.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: A good hardware frame but the frame takes some time to put together. The instructions should be revised a little.

jeepnfrommy
jeepnfrommy's Reviews

04-13-2012, 02:40 PM
Price: $215.00
Pros: Easy to install
Cons: Holds water, poor design
Recommended? No

Comments: I bought this top thinking that it was nice looking and a more economical replacement for my aging soft top than getting a full top replacement.

I normally have the back seat out of my jeep anyhow, so losing the extra space wasn't an issue. I also felt it was a way to make my 99 TJ look more unique.

All went well, until it got rained on. Then it becomes glaringly obvious that Rampage either didn't test their product or tried to keep the price down by selling something that's not complete.

There are two main problems: 1) This top does not seal well at the base of the cab enclosure/top of the tonneau. There isn't a zipper or velcro to make the connection between the horizontal tonneau and the vertical cab enclosure. Water can find it's way in if it rains hard enough. Kind of shady, but not a deal breaker.

2) This is where I got really ticked off. After rain the cab top and tonneau both hold water. I contacted Rampage and got a quick email back about where to get some top supports that would eliminate the ponding. The supports were 1/2 the cost of the top! My good deal just vanished and now I just wish I had got a full top. The topper was that they are aware of the problem because they've started to include the supports in other tops to eliminate the ponding issue in them.

I'm probably going to bite the bullet and buy the supports and roll with the 1/2 top because the look is cool. But Rampage should let you know these costs up front before you have to shell out the money after the fact.

bahndrvr
bahndrvr's Reviews
05-20-2011, 08:47 AM
Price: $349.00
Pros: Excellent product, good fit
Cons: Didn't work so well with the Bestop header bar
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have the Bowless top, love it so far, easy to install, great tiinted windows and looks different from everyone else

TR26
TR26's Reviews
06-24-2010, 03:27 PM
Price: $140.00
Pros: Cheap, easy to install.
Cons: Not an amazing weather seal, but OK enough for Austin. Wish the tonneau had full velcro instead of just snaps to fasten to the back window. Hard to get the top tight enough.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Amazon had a deal that claimed to include a tonneau with the cab cover for $140, so I bought it and complained when it lacked the tonneau. To their credit, they were happy to make it right and ship me one!

The top itself was a breeze to install once I took off my old top, but I could not get the top tight enough to stay in. A call to Rampage brought suggestions of ensuring the windshield header channel was far enough forward and potentially adjusting my windshield forward - both were easy and the Rampage guy was very helpful.

Now it's all installed and decent enough, and I think the top will go from decent to excellent with the addition of a support bow to keep it taut.

ElGuapoBond
ElGuapoBond's Reviews
12-29-2009, 04:12 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Affordable over the Bestop version.
Cons: Does not keep you completely out of the weather, water can come in around the roll bars but it is the same for the Bestop version as well.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Relatively easy product to install, it uses the door surrounds from the soft top kit and a header bar will have to be purchased. The soft top support bar mounts need to be removed or they may wear a hole in those locations and I opted to remove the rear seat/hardware/belts to give me more storage room. I have an instatrunk so a secure storage area is still available. The rear window is held on with three zippers and numerous straps along with the three snaps that secures the lower part of the window to the rear cover itself.

ekpowell
ekpowell's Reviews
08-11-2009, 07:08 PM
Price: $80.00
Pros: Rampage Combo Brief top is nice to have when the hard top is off to provide some shade
Cons: Would work even better with JKs with the soft top that have the door surrounds.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Can cover the front seats only or front and rear. Need the header channel which is another $50.

brandonse24

brandonse24's Reviews

03-26-2009, 08:29 PM
Rampage Cab top & Tonneau
Price: $179.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love this thing, back windows a bit on the big side, but i didnt ned a rear seat so i got it.