Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Body > Tops > Rally Tops - Rally Tops Hard Top

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCOR

Rally Tops - Rally Tops Hard Top Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tops Next Product

Rally Tops - Rally Tops Hard Top

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,495.00
Average Price: $2,047.75
Manufacturer: Rally Tops
Recommended?
Yes: 2 / No: 2
Company Website: http://www.rallytops.com/

Rally Tops Brand Jeep Hard top.

I have one for the TJ application and it works fine for what it is. There have been a lot of horror stories about obtaining and fitting these tops. Mine was fine back in 2005.

I saw a couple threads on these tops but no review so I'm creating one. I have had this top for 5 years. It is ok for what it is. I have to admit that I overpaid and it wasn't the best deal.

The latch for the rear lift gate doesn't work very well if you don't have an aftermarket bumper mounted tire swing out due to the latching mechanism.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

LeePrather
LeePrather's Reviews
05-29-2013, 12:38 PM
Price: $2,700.00
Pros: Lightweight, 1 piece, energy efficient, Great fit, easy installation, nice exterior look and design
Cons: Quality could be better. Inside of doors seem unfinished. Clasps are relatively cheap. Seams could use finishing. Ultimately the build and fit are great, but it lacks the final touches I would like to see for the money I paid
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I would purchase again, but for the money spent, it lacks professional finishing touches

couchburner
couchburner's Reviews

01-03-2013, 10:08 PM
Price: $2,000.00
Pros: Great fit. Easy install. Good customer service from RallyTops; I called with a ton of questions.
Cons: None so far.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 2005 TJ Unlimited. 1 piece hard top.

I ordered the top from http://www.jeep4x4center.com for about 2k, delivered. It took 4 weeks to build and deliver.

I was impressed with the workmanship of the top, packaging for the freight shipment, and customer service from RallyTops during the build. The install was easy. It took me about 30 minutes and two beers to install. I had a buddy come over to help lift it onto the Jeep.

I've only had it on for a day, so keep that in mind.

Excellent rear visibility.

No leaks so far in light rain.

Obviously, much quieter than the soft-top. I'm not sure how it would compare to the factory hard top.

Overall, seems like a good buy.

Billy

Unlimited Ammo
Billy's Reviews

04-18-2011, 08:08 PM
Price: $1,995.99
Pros: its a hard top
Cons: hearing bad things about it.
Recommended? No

Comments: im simply adding to this because i am looking for an unmolested hardtop for my YJ. you cant find OEM hardtops because the dont make it anymore and the ones that are out there are beat to hell.

idk. i havnt pulled the trigger yet but im thinking about it. im not reccomending to buy because idk if its a good product or not.

theducksguts

theducksguts's Reviews
03-17-2010, 02:06 PM
Price: $1,495.00
Pros: I like that it is insulated and has sound deadening material
Cons: Cost! Could have gotten OEM for less. It took a little working to get it to fit right.
Recommended? No

Comments: I don't have a horror story like some do. Mine came on time, was not a huge pain to install. However it is a little loud, and the fact that it isn't OEM drops the resale value.

The lift gate comes down over the swing door so you really need to have a swing out tire carrier to make it not be such a pain.

I had it up for sale and thought I had it sold but the buyer backed out at the last minute because he didn't want to drill the 6 holes in the windshield frame to mount the brackets.

Just go with OEM you will be more happy with it. I listed it as average because I don't think it is as horrible as some make it out to be. Would I recommend it? No.