Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Body > Tops > RainGear Jeep Cover

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

RainGear Jeep Cover Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Tops Next Product

RainGear Jeep Cover

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $120.00
Average Price: $93.75
Manufacturer: RainGear
Recommended?
Yes: 12 / No: 3

Raingear covers are specially designed to cover your Jeep in minutes when the weather suddenly changes or if you’re on the trail and don't want to bother with a hard top or doors.
Raingear covers are made of high quality vinyl backed material and are made to cover the entire door area when you don't have you're doors on, they are also equipped with eight straps and buckles to ensure it stays on in high wind.
All covers come with a handy compact bag to store you're cover when not in use.
So if your at work or play and don't have time to put on your hard top then this cover is right for you.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

bgredjeep
bgredjeep's Reviews

12-30-2013, 04:35 PM
Price: $120.00
Pros: Looks good Fits well
Cons: Doesn't keep water out. no customer service
Recommended? No

Comments: I bought this cover for my wife's Jeep earlier this year. I had a buddy who had one and loved it so I went for it.

Bought it, installed it, it looked great, then the rain came. Well, mine just didn't hold water. Rather, it did hold water on top. Once the water was puddled on top, it would slowly leak through into the Jeep. Initially I had a bikini top on the Jeep so when I removed the cover and dumped all the water from it, the bikini top underneath was also full of water. I made a top prop to support the bikini top, but even without a puddle of water on the roof, water still leaked into the Jeep.

I emailed the manuf. asking if they had any input on the problem I was having (is this normal, should I have to add some spray on water proofing, is the cover defective?) and I never received any response. In the end I just said screw it and kept it, though we have only used it to cover the jeep overnight during the summer with nice weather. If it looks like rain the top goes on. I'll eventually waterproof the top of the cover with some scotchgard and try it again, but I'll never buy another one from www.jeepcovers.com

sullz79
sullz79's Reviews

05-27-2010, 10:34 AM
Pros: good when there is no weather
Cons: rain water pools on top impossible hooks
Recommended? No

Comments: We just had the first rain storm with the cover on and there was a huge puddle in the middle. Not really sure how to avoid that. Super disappointed by it after reading these great reviews.
Also, the hooks are small and have a latch that gets in the way so it makes it impossible to hook to anything.
Not a good cover.

grymsr

Vintage Member
grymsr's Reviews

07-08-2009, 11:02 PM
Price: $75.00
Pros: seals cab very well, even with doors off
Cons: very bulky, confusing straps
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got this cover because I hate wet seats when going topless and it works great. It is rather cumbersome when folded up and takes up quite a bit of space. It takes very little time to deploy but the hold-down straps are placed in such a way that you have to think about it a bit the first few times you use it. The material is quite sturdy and I haven't seen a drop of leakage, even after being left on the jeep for a full weekend of downpours. I think it's well worth the price if you are looking for such a cover.

SteelBlueTJ
Web Wheeler
SteelBlueTJ's Reviews

05-26-2009, 09:06 AM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Keeps rain out
Cons: Heavy and bulky. Not easy to put on by yourself, especially if you're short.
Recommended? No

Comments: I purchased one of these to throw on when it looked like rain. After receiving it and test fitting it I was a bit disappointed. The cover is too heavy and bulky to get on the jeep in a hurry if it's about to rain. I'm short 5'3" and trying to get it over my lifted jeep is no easy task. I sold the cover here on the forum since I no longer felt like messing with it. On the good side, it did seem like a well made cover and would keep rain out, but getting it on is a huge pain.

IdahoTJ
IdahoTJ's Reviews

04-02-2009, 01:35 PM
RainGear Jeep Cover
Pros: Works flawlessly!
Cons: Bulky
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This thing is great. Not only does it keep the rain out, but the dust too if you're leaving it parked along dirt roads for a week. When we get rain here in Idaho, we almost always have the wind. I have had no problems with it blowing off either!

charlie175
charlie175's Reviews

04-18-2008, 09:55 PM
RainGear Jeep Cover
Price: $114.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very Stout cover and it keeps the rain out. Make sure you have something across the top or else water will pool and cause the cover to sag in the middle.
Hard to fold back up though.

NewJeepFever
NewJeepFever's Reviews

03-13-2008, 08:47 PM
RainGear Jeep Cover
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have been meaning to write a review on this great product, but after today, I finally got the motivation.

As this Jeep isn't my daily driver, I only intend to drive it when the weather is nice, and being in South GA, it is most of the time, but I also didn't want to hassle with a soft top or a hard top everytime I wanted to go topless, and I found my answer.

This top is worth every penny and more. Everyone should have one. It goes up in no time, and comes off in a breeze, and I either just stuff it in the rear passenger footwells or behind the passenger seat until I get done.

Recently, my father removed the top while I was away, after it had rained, to make sure it wasn't leaking (from the front vent), and to let it dry out if it did. Well, he didn't realize the clamps were on the side, and took the pull ropes off of the clamps completely, leaving all 4 of the side clamps still on the Jeep. I get home, wheel around, and when I come back and get ready to put the top on, I notice what he has done. Luckily the front ones are still there, but there rear side clamps that I attach to the rear leaf springs are long gone from riding. I emailed them, but I never seem to get a response through email, so I called them today, and didn't even tell them my story. All I said was that I wanted to buy 2 more clamps. The lady asked me for my name and address, and simply said she would send me some more free of charge.

That blew me away. Customer service doesn't get any better than that. Everyone should have one of these!

KEITH TEST
KEITH TEST's Reviews

02-13-2008, 04:31 PM
RainGear Jeep Cover
Price: $1.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: =[

neZZr

Lifted/Locked/Rolled/Sunk
neZZr's Reviews

08-09-2007, 12:05 AM
RainGear Jeep Cover
Pros: Saves me time!
Cons: Large size when rolled up
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Love it. It saves me time because rather than having to put up my soft-top every time it's going to rain, I just throw the cover on. If I need to go somewhere I just undo the front set of straps and roll it back, then throw it back over when I get where I'm going. Takes all of 2 minutes. Add one more minute if I roll it up completely & store it in the included bag. Either way it's 1/3 the time of putting the regular top up/down... as a result I haven't put my soft-top up in months, despite frequent rain showers. That means more driving time enjoying the summer with the top down!

It is large when rolled up (about the size of a rolled up sleeping bag) but I don't have/need a rear seat so the size does not bother me. It fits fine in the footwell area behind the driver seat, but I think it would also fit behind the rear seat in a TJ no problem.

Worth every penny IMO!

TJJP77

TJJP77's Reviews

06-10-2007, 02:57 PM
RainGear Jeep Cover
Pros: Well made, totally waterproof - even with a 2-3 gallon puddle over the front seats!
Cons: I gather that they tend to fade - surprised that they don't use some UV inhibitor in the construction of the fabric
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The best cover for your Jeep if you leave home without your top or run topless or doorless all summer

abnormal

Platinum Member
abnormal's Reviews

02-10-2007, 05:46 AM
RainGear Jeep Cover
Pros: Durable, easy to put on and take off.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Works perfect and I would recommend it to everyone who owns a jeep.

skatespy
skatespy's Reviews

09-21-2006, 12:06 PM
RainGear Jeep Cover
Pros: fits good, fits over door opening, no water gets through
Cons: lots of straps to deal with
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have this for the LJ. Its fits perfectly and it has never let any water in the cab. Its the only cover I could find for the LJ that also covers the doors. My only complaint is that it has so many straps. I'm not sure if the LJ has more than the TJ, but they are a little much if you're in a hurry. Great cover...

97JeepTJGuy
97JeepTJGuy's Reviews

08-04-2006, 07:45 PM
RainGear Jeep Cover
Pros: Numerous adjustable straps, door covers
Cons: Metal connectors
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I put this on the first day it came in the mail and that same night I had a torrential rain storm. The next day, I went out to check for water. NOTHING. I have to say that it does it's job perfectly.

I wish the strap connectors weren't made medal because I'm afraid of scratching the paint when I pull it off. But, I suppose if they weren't metal, they would break easier. So take the good with the bad.

It's pretty fast to put on once you get the hang of it.

ErikJordan

Pimp Hand
ErikJordan's Reviews

08-02-2006, 10:46 PM
RainGear Jeep Cover
Pros: very well made, nice to look at, secures well to the jeep
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i have tried others, and finally done it right. buy one of these and you'll not have to worry about it any more. great item, recommended.

dakuda

Admin, Jeep in Pieces
dakuda's Reviews

08-01-2006, 11:56 PM
RainGear Jeep Cover
Price: $100.00
Pros: Tight fit, pretty water tight, covers entire door opening
Cons: Straps are a PITA, but effective
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have had this cover for several years now. I sealed the seams with seam sealer for a tent, just in case. I have not had any water leak through yet. It fits snugly, enough to where I barely use the straps to hold it on.

However, if you don't actually strap it down, water will get in from the sides with teh wind.

If you are looking for a good cover for those times you don't want to deal with the soft top, I would recommend this w/o hesitation.