Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Body > Tops > Bestop - Trektop NX for 97-06 Wrangler

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Bestop - Trektop NX for 97-06 Wrangler Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tops Next Product

Bestop - Trektop NX for 97-06 Wrangler

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $500.00
Average Price: $577.08
Manufacturer: Bestop
Recommended?
Yes: 10 / No: 3
Company Website: http://bestop.com

Took almost 2 hours to install even though i had a person assisting me. It is a little different from the regular set up. The side windows actually zip to the back window and top rather than just the main body/top which makes it a little more difficult. I must say though its as tight as a drum and looks SHARP! Yet to drive it so will add more info later on sound, visability, etc. Really like the tinted window look and the standard sunrider option. Doubt i will take the top completely off much since it is so hard to get everything connected. Of course the factory top was hard at first too so .....So far though

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

BadJohnny
BadJohnny's Reviews
06-07-2014, 07:26 AM
Price: $650.00
Pros: Great seal at windshield and header; Bowless; Tinted windows; Sailcloth is quiet (Black Diamond)
Cons: Back top corners could fit a bit better; Kit should include more than 7 screws to secure header material; For the price a bag for window storage would be nice to include; Back straps need better buckle
Recommended? Yes

Comments: MAKE SURE IT'S HOT OUTSIDE WHEN YOU FIRST PUT THIS ON.

It fit tight (which is good) I really like the seal at the header/Windshield, it's almost like stock.

The rear straps buckles are useless but easy mod fixes it. I added an eyelet on the removable section and routed a cord through the eyelet and the space in the material above the hook to cinch it down and hold the strap tight. Should have better buckles or design.

Wish I could find it in the same Kaki color as my OEM was. The Black Diamond looks good though and is as quiet as OEM top when diving. Maybe even a bit quieter. Sunroof flip back is cool but not a major point for me.

A lot better than my old Rampage top I had.

KoolAidMan888
KoolAidMan888's Reviews
04-21-2014, 08:05 PM
Price: $410.00
Pros: great top
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i installed mine when it was 50 out and cloudy it was snug but thats how you want it ...

D-Rod
D-Rod's Reviews
08-28-2013, 11:20 AM
Price: $569.00
Pros: Looks awesome
Cons: Have none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Love the to but won't buy anything from 4weel parts anymore I got screwed around o the return on a top they cut it and shipped the top back ruened

SilverKitten
SilverKitten's Reviews
08-23-2013, 08:00 PM
Price: $550.00
Pros: Looks great, love the flip open top
Cons: A little tight. Makes it hard to get the windows in and out.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Instead of taking the top down entirely, I like that I can just flip back the front half quick and easy and not have to worry about all the windows. It is still difficult to take out the windows, hoping it will loosen up over time.

bobmaurer4273

bobmaurer4273's Reviews
07-30-2013, 10:55 PM
Price: $575.00
Pros: Hands down best top on the market. Nice flip top, easy to install and converts to bikini smoothly
Cons: No storage for windows when removed and no emergency top will work with bikini portion, ordered a pavement ends emergency top but would not fit
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Best looking top with most features on the market. Fits very tightly and no noise on the highway. Bestop needs a way to store the side and rear windows when not in place. Have bee. Caught in several rain storms and not having window storage stinks

bobmaurer4273

bobmaurer4273's Reviews
07-30-2013, 10:55 PM
Pros: Hands down best top on the market. Nice flip top, easy to install and converts to bikini smoothly
Cons: No storage for windows when removed and no emergency top will work with bikini portion, ordered a pavement ends emergency top but would not fit
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Best looking top with most features on the market. Fits very tightly and no noise on the highway. Bestop needs a way to store the side and rear windows when not in place. Have bee. Caught in several rain storms and not having window storage stinks

wroman
wroman's Reviews

11-26-2012, 02:46 AM
Price: $550.00
Pros: Looks great; I really like the slanted back look. The material has a good texture and is resilient. The tint on the rear windows is good, but not too dark. Install takes about 15 minutes. Love the fold-back off the front section for easy sun without having to remove the whole top.
Cons: Zipper pulls can twist and snap. No easy storage for windows.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent top. Took it on a road trip through desert heat and mountain snows... took it all and didn't leak at all. Quieter on the road than the stock soft top.

JohnyPro

JohnyPro's Reviews
08-06-2012, 10:42 PM
Price: $786.00
Pros: great strength of material, ease of use
Cons: can't put down at a moments notice, rear window tears near top of zipper
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great top! no leaks, is the same material as the factory top, zippers are great!

EJ018451
EJ018451's Reviews
07-24-2012, 12:24 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: best of both worlds
Cons: rear spreader bar
Recommended? Yes

Comments: this top gives you both a full soft top and a safari top it rocks plus you get the fast back look. the only thing that I could say they could do better is the spreader bar in the back has the tendency to move but I don't think there is any better way to do what they have done so as I have done I just got over it and deal. check in once every couple of days and you will never have a problem. price for value is good and install is a sinch

Idwheelthat

Idwheelthat's Reviews
11-18-2011, 12:55 AM
Price: $612.00
Pros: Looks decent, fits well, large windows, easy access to trunk area
Cons: Flaps over driver area (instead of rear corner on factory soft top), snow piles on rear window and you cannot brush it off or it will scratch, windows seem made of thinner plastic than factory (seem delicate)
Recommended? No

Comments: This is a hard review for me as I haven't had four seasons with the top yet. I do miss some features of the factory top, I guess I haven't had to take the top off so that will be the determining factor. It is important for me to say that I own an LJ and the Sunrider feature is standard anyway. The sunrider pins kind of tick me off since they stick up so high, they also do not let the velcro seal close properly around them. Speaking of velcro seals, I have found the ones at the top around the windows slightly opened after highway driving. The flapping above the driver and frontseat passenger is maddening on windy highways(it may cover up some tire buzz for some).

Mattik
Mattik's Reviews

11-07-2011, 11:40 PM
Pros: Features gallore! Full top with tinted windows, safari top, sunrider, fastback design looks cool.
Cons: Tight fitment is a bit tough to deal with. Unlike others though, I think the sunrider feature more than offsets this drawback.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: for more info and pics of my '04 TJ with the new Trektop NX, check my blog:

www.bttrektopreview.blogspot.com

isaact
isaact's Reviews

09-17-2011, 11:59 PM
Price: $650.00
Pros: Good materials, heavy duty zippers, factory latches at front. Tinted windows. Bikini mode is great!
Cons: Side and rear window panels don't fit right. Forced to drive around with no rear window. Ridiculous. Sunrider hard to flip open, then dangerously unsecured when open. Not good.
Recommended? No

Comments: Back and side window panels are just too small, have been stretching for days, still won't fit. Poor workmanship, pull tabs just ripped off in 10 seconds.

Instructions are pathetic. They look perfect at first glance but oversimplify. Maybe they'd be OK if everything fits right (not true), but as is, you are better off throwing the directions away.

Strap buckles work OK but only if you thread them properly, which is surprisingly hard to do. Straps don't clip in to the back of the truck very well. Door surrounds easily scratched, plastic too soft. After all of this hassle (days to install, not hours) I still don't have a back window, and the Sunrider is impossible to put up and down quickly as plastic clips at door gutter are impossible to remove from inside the cab, you have to get out and use a screwdriver or something to lever the clips out of the door gutter. Every time you do that it mars the door surrounds. Cheap design. Hard to use when new. How will it age?

Unless Bestop replaces the too-small panels with something that fits, I am going to return this to Quadratec and buy something that fits. Disappointed. For $650 incl. shipping, expect something better than this.

FastLearner

FastLearner's Reviews

09-01-2011, 01:41 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: Love what this top can do. Great overall Look... tint looks great... sunrider flip top sweet... easy on off once you are used to it... nice and tight
Cons: Right out of the box manufactured wrong.. I had to do some custom drilling in order to get the swing poles properly seated. I have had this top on since the beginning of summer and just recently one at a time... the spring loaded pins to hold the swing bars in place both broke... cheap materials poorly made (the pins)... Ended up drilling the bracket on the surround to bolt the swing bar in fulltime... less noise more durable... in my opinion a def. design flaw
Recommended? No

Comments: I'll give the top in working order a 10!

But the design flaws encountered def. bring it to at least an 8