Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Body > Tops > Bestop TJ Supertop

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJ

Bestop TJ Supertop Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tops Next Product

Bestop TJ Supertop

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $800.00
Average Price: $478.39
Manufacturer: Bestop
Recommended?
Yes: 22 / No: 6

Exterior softtop see my thread on this piece of garbage.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »

JeepTJMike
JeepTJMike's Reviews
02-18-2011, 01:56 PM
Price: $502.00
Pros: Excellent quality
Cons: Bit pricey
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Not a fan of the Besttop frame, would have liked the Mopar factory origional style.

krahnilogikal

krahnilogikal's Reviews

09-17-2010, 10:40 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: New bow assembly included with integrated door surrounds, durable stitching, seems to be a decent quality top
Cons: Bow assembly is awkward compared to OEM, header channel cracked after 1 month of use, raising and lowering takes way too long due to header design.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Even with my complaints I would still recommend this top over most of the other options out there. The pickings are a bit slim when it comes to needing all new hardware. OEM is too expensive and most other's are poorly designed using inferior materials. I like the integrated door surrounds which makes lowering and raising a little more convenient but the fact that the header uses a belt-rail style lip is quite cumbersome and time consuming. This top is pretty water tight with no leaks in heavy down pours. I even took it through an automatic wash at the gas station and it didn't leak at the zippers at all. It will be a hard choice between the SuperTop or a Mopar OEM when it comes time for another replacement.

Jake0224
Jake0224's Reviews

03-24-2009, 12:28 AM
Bestop TJ Supertop
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This top was on my TJ when I bought it but I think its a great top and pretty easy to remove once you know what your doing.

klincker
klincker's Reviews

01-27-2009, 12:25 PM
Bestop TJ Supertop
Price: $80.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: have not used it yet because the hard top is on but it was the right price. used 80 bucks. not a fan of the hardware really but it will work.

jeepcrazy93
jeepcrazy93's Reviews

10-26-2008, 09:36 PM
Bestop TJ Supertop
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product excellent ...........replacement for older top. Will recommend to anyone

bigtowdaddy
bigtowdaddy's Reviews

10-02-2008, 01:31 AM
Bestop TJ Supertop
Price: $450.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: had to replace my old soft top as i blow a hole in it going down the freeway 70 mph and head wind of 40+, the new top fits grate and the jeep looks new.

ForestGreen
ForestGreen's Reviews

08-07-2008, 11:52 AM
Bestop TJ Supertop
Price: $199.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great looking top. I found a super deal on Ebay for a brand new Supertop with tinted windows. Although, I am curious on how well the seal around my full doors will hold up in the winter.

SDWNDR
SDWNDR's Reviews

06-12-2008, 02:36 PM
Bestop TJ Supertop
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I replaced my hardtop with this in spring 2008, after I'd had the Jeep for about 2 months. I love it, but mostly because it lets me have a convertible, which is a big deal for a beachy dude like me.

Speed911

Speed911's Reviews

05-11-2008, 01:47 PM
Bestop TJ Supertop
Price: $605.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great top. I don't like the rail system that everthing connects to, it's a pain to get the top into the header...

odrat75
odrat75's Reviews

04-27-2008, 03:26 PM
Bestop TJ Supertop
Recommended? Yes

Comments: ok....alot more slack than stock

jeep n00b
jeep n00b's Reviews

04-25-2008, 06:50 PM
Bestop TJ Supertop
Price: $510.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: there was no option for YJ supertop so i just used the TJ designation. the top is extremely good. i bought the basic supertop with clear windows in black denim and it's fit is great. there's not a single gap in this top anywhere. instructions were very easy to follow and everything was done 2 hours. i have full steal doors and the there's no gap around the doors! not a leak in this jeep now. well worth the money you pay.

marko686
marko686's Reviews

04-10-2008, 03:25 PM
Bestop TJ Supertop
Price: $250.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I purchased the bestop supertop with tinted windows and love it.

ncjdtj
ncjdtj's Reviews

04-04-2008, 09:23 PM
Bestop TJ Supertop
Recommended? Yes

Comments: f

uscgjp
uscgjp's Reviews

04-02-2008, 08:59 AM
Bestop TJ Supertop
Price: $600.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments:

JasonZ

JasonZ's Reviews

04-01-2008, 11:12 AM
Bestop TJ Supertop
Price: $350.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: So far so good. It is still to cold in Chicago to go topless. The top is very tight around the doors, so they are hard to close, but I think that will get better as the top stretches and the weather warms up.

eac
eac's Reviews

03-31-2008, 10:47 PM
Bestop TJ Supertop
Pros: Fabric quality
Cons: Hardware is garbage, POOR customer service, worthless 2 year warranty.
Recommended? No

Comments: When I opened box the windshield header was broken, two weeks later new header but then plastic pins on rear bar set-up broke after 2 days of driving. Still waiting for Bestop to replace. I would not buy the frame again, just garbage. but do recommend the fabric as the fit is good and the full doors fit tight and no leaks. Bestop customer service is pitiful, I emailed first since I work most of the week and never found time to call, they never contacted me, not even and e-mail. The only saving grace was the customer reps at 4wd.com who lined everything up for me. Will never buy another thing from BESTOP due to their POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. What good is a TWO YEAR warranty if they refuse to work with me to fix problems. The old hardware with the metal pins was much better but know its just cheap plastic crap.......

2002Jeepdad

2002Jeepdad's Reviews

03-29-2008, 10:03 PM
Bestop TJ Supertop
Price: $800.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Actually it's the sunrider supertop we got. we'll rate it better when the snow clears & it's hot enough to take the hard top off & put on the rag top.

vajeepgirl
vajeepgirl's Reviews

03-13-2008, 11:32 PM
Bestop TJ Supertop
Price: $450.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Just got for Christmas 2007 but love it, especially the tinted windows

randonlee25
randonlee25's Reviews

03-04-2008, 11:42 PM
Bestop TJ Supertop
Price: $715.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: A lot better than stock

stangnut

stangnut's Reviews

09-27-2007, 05:11 PM
Bestop TJ Supertop
Pros: easy installation
Cons: Loose fit, difficult to lower.
Recommended? No

Comments: 2005 TJ

Overall I like the top. Main complaints are some of the same stated above.
- It's very loose, even in the tightest position.
- Poor design requires top to removed from bows in order to be lowered. A real PIA!

On the plus side:
- The windshield header design is easier to attach than factory. (except the very first time it's installed)
- doors fit great right out of the box. No leaks so far.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »