Average Price $446.26
Manufacturer Bestop
Recommended Yes: 23 / No: 1

Replacement soft top that uses OEM frame and hardware

#4 ·
Price $500
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: I've had for 5+ years and no probs. The only down side was the initial install. A little noisier than OEM but, hey its a softtop.

#7 ·
Price $436
Rating 4
Pros Factory look at half the price
Cons Its good, but cant compare to the Factory Top
Recommended yes

Comments: I went with the Denim top over the Sailcloth and with Tinted Windows.
DONT TRY TO PUT ON WHEN IT IS UNDER 70 DEGREES. Very hard to do. Its much easier in warmer weather.
The back window zipper doesnt cooperate. It zips more than halfway then gets stuck. Seems like a design flaw in the way they attach the zipper to the window. It looks like it is mis-aligned. Doesn't fold as nicely as OEM.
Overall, the 2nd best option to replace your old top.(1st being factory)

#9 ·
Price $377.98
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: The Bestop® Replace-a-top™ is the only replacement top featuring the patented Belt Rail™ attachment system and American fabric specially constructed to stretch for easy installation then return to its original shape for tautness. The Repalce-a-top™ also features factory-spec velcro, thread, and webbing. Plus oversized zippers, DOT approved windows, and a rear attachment system that lets you open your tailgate without having to open your rear window. The Replace-a-top consists of fabric only and fit only factory-original hardware.

#10 ·
Price $500
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: This is a great product. Easy to install and fits just like new. Easy to take on and off. Little pricy though.

#11 ·
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: For the OEM top on my '98, it's in pretty good condition. No rips, tears, cracks, etc. after 10 years of use. The thinner material on these early year tops is a little noisy on the highway, especially if it's a little windy out.

#14 ·
Price $440
Pros Fit Great
Cons Only available in Black from Quadratec
Recommended yes

Comments: I have a hard top and wanted a soft top as well. I purchased all OEM frame hardware and oredered a Replace a Top. If fits and looks great. Install was simple and no leaks of any kind. I would most def purchase again.

#16 ·
Price $800
Pros tinted, compact
Cons hard to maintain
Recommended yes

Comments: i hate the maintenance on it

#17 ·
Price $499
Rating 4
Pros Easy to Install, looks great. Quieter than factory top in my opinion. Rear corner plastic is segmented so you wont have the notorious issue with the corners wanting to pull out near the rear window.
Cons I'm not a big fan of the 1/2 door skins being held on with Velcro.
Recommended yes

Comments: I couldn't wait a few more months til it got above 70 degrees outside to do the install. So I decided to let the top get to room temperature inside the house and brought it out when it was time to install it (28 Degrees). The install was flawless.
The windows and fabric don't seem as thick as the factory material. But then again I've never had a jeep with a brand new factory top, so the old OEM material may of only seemed thicker due to old age.
I do have an issue with the 1/2 door on the driverside wherethe seal in the rear upper corner doesn't want to line up with the surround. But it appears to be an easy to fix issue where I can readjust the velcro and/or use heat to mold the seal.

#19 ·
Price $200
Pros Reaplace a tops windows fit great with my oem top, i kept the replace a top as a spare incase something happens on the trail. Best part no more clear windows!!!
Cons The damn best top sticker that comes on the back window is less than fun to take off
Recommended yes

Comments: Reaplace a tops windows fit great with my oem top, i kept the replace a top as a spare incase something happens on the trail. Best part no more clear windows!!!

#20 ·
Price $0.01
Pros Good top, came installed on Jeep when bought it. Easy to remove, no additional hardware.
Cons Sags, flaps on the sides, and has been a pain to clean (probably because the last owner never did).
Recommended yes

Comments: It is obviously old, so I cannot hold any cons against Bestop.

#21 ·
Price $560
Pros Good fit
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: After a lot of reading on the forum I knew that the Bestop was the way to go. The installation was easy and straightforward. The fit is good and it looks stock. I also replaced the half door tops. My only recommendation here is to fit the fabris over the half door frames when it is warm out. I did mine in late October. Had to take them in side and heat them with a blowdryer .

#24 ·
Price $569.99
Rating 3
Pros Excellent product.
Cons Extremely poor packing caused bad creases in windows.
Recommended no

Comments: I purchased the sailcloth replace a top. No doubt this the best money can buy. Unfortunately, like others have posted bestop does a very poor job of packing their product. Mine arrived with bad creases in the side windows due to careless packing. For this reason I can't recommend to others. Too bad because I really like the product. I wish now I would have gone with Quadratech. I hope this hepls somebody to decide between the two.

#25 ·
Price $600
Pros Nice looking
Cons See review
Recommended yes

Comments: I went with the bestop replace a top to use with my factory hardware. And I paid probably $300 more over the smittybuilt or other brands because I wAnted the best. Followed the instructions to a t and the thing looked great with the tinted windows it really dressed up my jeep but when it gets hot and I'm doing g over 65mph it flaps and is so loud and I have yet to find a way to fix it. So if anyone has any ideas please let me know!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.