#1 ·
Product Information
Price $806.99
Rating 5
Average Price $734.5
Manufacturer Bestop
Recommended Yes: 5 / No: 1
Company website www.bestop.com

Sunrider® from Bestop® is a Jeep® soft top that allows you to fold-back the sunroof and let the sun shine in. Truly, a Jeep® soft top for every lifestyle.

# Convenient fold-back sunroof for open-air driving enjoyment.
# For appearance and durability, the premium fabric maintains shape in any temperature.
# Fabric is mildew-resistant, contains UV inhibitors and is offered in factory original colors.
# Patented Belt-Rail™ attachment system allows fast, easy installation.
# Hardware is chemically treated and powder-coated for rust resistance to ensure long life.
# Tailgate bar allows tailgate to open without opening rear window for trouble-free access.
# Heavy-duty molded tooth zippers allow for easy window installation and removal.
# Sealed seams mean water-tight protection.
# Industrial strength thread ensures durable soft top construction.
# Heat-sealed vinyl windows meet U.S. and European regulations.
# Tinted windows available separately.
# Fits with a variety of Bestop door kits; sold separately.
# Sunrider kit includes hardware, soft top and windows.
# One-year limited warranty.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Price $806.99
Pros Sunroof function works flawlessly
Central Bow System keeps rain from pooling
Hardware is sturdy
Zippers Seal with Velcro Flaps
All windows are 1 huge Zip in.
Cons Rear window DOESNT ROLL UP!
Screws for rear bow too short (works but is too short IMO)
Windows Scratch easily
Top Flaps annoyingly in the front bow assembly
Some parts are hard to assemble
Recommended yes

Comments: Ordered as a replacement for an extremely worn Bestop Supertop that Leaked and was destroyed in an inexplicable event. I bought it on special from Quadratec. It works great, DOESN'T LEAK!!!!! Installed in 2.5 Hours with help from a competent individual. My only complaint for it is the rear window zips in but doesn't roll up or has provisions for it. I've gotten away with using Zip ties on my center bar to hold it. The side windows are both Big 1 zips, so they are easier to put in. The rear bow comes with screws too short. Being around aeronautics it doesn't pass our rule of 1-2 complete threads showing past the nylock retainer. Easily remedied with a quick trip to Lowes. This top is great. IT DOESNT LEAK! now I can actually leave things in my jeep overnight (Like my tow straps, hooks, books and etc.)

Edit 4-22-10
: I've found after a while, that the rear window is actually supposed to roll down into the cargo area. But without provisions to tie it up, or not being able to clean it off, it gets scratched up. The top is still tight, and water doesnt come in. Make sure that you clean mud off ASAP, it will bake in and its hard to come out of the denim black top. This is A Great top.

#3 ·
Price $800
Rating 5
Pros sunroof feature.
Cons windows scratch easily
Recommended yes

Comments: Other than the fact that the windows scratch so easily this is a great top. I love being able to just put the sunroof feature back on days that it looks like it might rain and not have to worry about it. The rear window does not roll up but I have found that you can roll it down and secure it without any problems. Great top. No leaks.

#4 ·
Price $200
Rating 5
Pros easy to install/ use
Cons Easy for people to break in... or just let themselves in might be a more suitable term.
Recommended yes

Comments: One of the best investments for those iffy Colorado rain/snow/sun days I have ever made! This top is awsome, you can go from a normal soft top to an open sky in little to no time at all. Its so easy I can literally flip the top open at a stop light by myself. I have never had a problem with leaks or the windows scratching, but it is only on my jeep half the year. ive also never had a problem with it being to loose, it is always stretched tight over the mounting hardware (unlell roof is open). overall an awsome top!

#5 ·
Price $1200
Pros awsome top that folds down as easily as it goes up
Cons noticed the bow's plasic pieces cracking and breaking. thought for 1200 bucks i would have had a top that lasted... sigh
Recommended no

Comments: got the top about 4 months ago. was going well untill the plastic anchors for the bows started to snap. not to pleased with this top. its a fun versitile top but dont take it up and down to may times.

#6 ·
Price $600
Pros Warrantied, goes together simply, durable
Cons Wasn't 100% perfect when shipped
Recommended yes

Comments: I bought the Sunrider for my YJ to replace the old worn out one, and I liked being able to just flip the top back. Unfortunately after I had assembled it, one of the spring-loaded button pieces that hold the top forward was not correct, so I am unable to use the flip-back portion until I modify it to work. Took some modification to get it together, but now works great.

#7 ·
Price $800
Pros easy to install, nice fit, complete hardware
Cons over the years and with some damage it is starting to show it's age but still does not leak, zippers all still work (maintained)
Recommended yes

Comments: fit was not perfect when new so with the years the little flaws have become noticable ie wavy rear passenger side window, and driver side top corner starting to pull away from frame in the corner. Still water proof and still looks good, I do clean it thoroughly a few times a year and dress it to keep it looking good,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.