Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Body > Tops > besTop Sailcloth Replace-a-tops

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comEliminate Hood Flutter!!!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

besTop Sailcloth Replace-a-tops Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Tops Next Product

besTop Sailcloth Replace-a-tops

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $650.00
Average Price: $571.27
Manufacturer: besTop
Recommended?
Yes: 15 / No: 1

Bestop's new Sailcloth Replace-a-top is 50% quieter than a '97-'00 Jeep Wrangler factory denim top. The secret lies in the unique multi-ply Sailcloth fabric. Each ply plays a different role, but together they reflect road sounds, absorb wind noise, and prevent buffeting to create a silencing effect that absolutely must be heard to be believed. In addition, the beefier Sailcloth fabric resists temperature-induced shrinkage, making cold-weather installations much easier. It also shows fewer waves and wrinkles than conventional tops and cleans more easily to help make your rig look really sharp! If your Jeep deserves the absolute best top on the market, or if you are tired of getting 'beat up' behind the wheel, you must experience the Sailcloth revolution

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

lilmule1
lilmule1's Reviews
12-17-2013, 02:00 PM
Price: $700.00
Pros: The tint is great and very quiet
Cons: the back window is not pulled tight, but that could be my error installing
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This top is 100% quieter and the tint keeps you cool

OlYellerTJ
OlYellerTJ's Reviews

07-26-2013, 10:40 AM
Price: $481.79
Pros: Easy to install. MUCH quieter, and better zippers than the OEM top it replaced. I can actually remove the rear window, and reinstalling all the windows is so much easier than on the old soft top.
Cons: The plastic windows seem to be thinner than OEM.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I purchased a Sailcloth Replace-A-Top from the Bestop Factory Outlet back in March. It was listed at $482 but there was a $50 rebate at the time: $432 FTW! I'd pay $500 for this top without sales or rebates.

I didn't switch the NIB Sailcloth RAT with the old OEM top until recently. I should have done this the first warm day back in late spring, it was a cinch to change over the tops. It is so much quieter that I can actually listen to music and have a civil conversation on the highway without YELLING! And taking the windows out and putting them back in is a breeze compared to the OEM I replaced.

And after a couple of good, hard, sustained rains there is NO sign of leaking around the doors and windows!

I don't like this top -- I love it.

GETLIFTED02
GETLIFTED02's Reviews
10-23-2011, 09:55 PM
Price: $600.00
Pros: Easy to dissemble
Cons: Plastic front brackets ..
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Strong top.. Zippers can get anoyying for back window

GETLIFTED02
GETLIFTED02's Reviews
10-23-2011, 09:55 PM
Pros: Easy to dissemble
Cons: Plastic front brackets ..
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Strong top.. Zippers can get anoyying for back window

msduncan
msduncan's Reviews
06-15-2011, 11:34 AM
Price: $550.00
Pros: Tough material, tight fit, great look
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great fit and finish. Makes the jeep look 5 years younger. Used it to replace a ripping and aging factory top.

jonos12
jonos12's Reviews
01-23-2011, 05:10 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Easy to install, fits well, uses factory bows and all stock hardware, quieter than factory original.
Cons: haven't found them yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It took me about an hour to install the new top the new windows are a huge improvement to my scratched up old ones!

imagesbyjk
imagesbyjk's Reviews

11-04-2010, 03:08 PM
Price: $750.00
Pros: Solid construction.
Cons: Door skins tough to get on but got 'em. Sent a "defective" top to me. Both the top and left rear panel have zippers on them so there's no way to mate them.
Recommended? No

Comments: The top looks great but they sent me a top that I can't put the left rear panel on because they both have zippers. Bought it from Morris 4x4 and tried to call and get the issue resolved and got put on terminal hold so I decided to email them. Their response has been slow to say the least. Consequently I've been driving around in rain, wind, and snow for several weeks waiting to get the warranty top sent to me. I thought about just fixing the zipper issue myself but Bestop tells me that would void my warranty.

+Crusader+

+Crusader+'s Reviews

09-28-2009, 08:55 AM
Price: $650.00
Pros: Quietest available; best quality.
Cons: Material not available in the SuperTop. Retains factory hardware.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought last year for the YJ to replace the old denim top that was starting to tear. This top reduces road & wind noise so you only hear about 50% of what you do with a denim top!! This top also keeps heater warmth in MUCH better. Sometimes almost too good and you have to turn the heater down and crack the windows. 2 hour road trips no longer end with a ringing in your ears. Worth the money for that reason alone, but all soft tops are overpriced in my opinion.

Fit and finish is top notch as all Bestop soft tops are, and material is very durable, yet holds it's shape well without stretching out too much.

A couple of gripes: They should make sailcloth sliders for half-doors. And mostly they should make the SuperTop in sailcloth for the YJ, so I can get some easier top hardware to use. Would be nice to throw away this 16yo design and get with the program, but Bestop doesn't have that OBVIOUS option. The factory hardware isn't visible through the rear windows which is a plus, but tinted rear windows takes care of that anyway, right.

Anyhow, worth the extra money to get sailcloth and does a MUCH better job at minimizing driver fatigue. Saves your stereo speakers too.

ElGuapoBond
ElGuapoBond's Reviews

04-07-2009, 12:55 AM
Price: $500.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great top, no complaints. I have it in Spics and the color matches the interior perfectly. Zippers work great and I do use a little silicone spray on them from time to time especially after a lot of rain has fallen.

vilseck21

vilseck21's Reviews

03-15-2009, 05:04 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Got the tinted windows........................................... ....................................

Jgrand03
Jgrand03's Reviews

11-26-2008, 02:03 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product from bestop a lot quiteter then stock and I love the rear tinted windows

87XJ00TJ

87XJ00TJ's Reviews

11-15-2008, 11:36 AM
Price: $476.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great top. Super quiet and retains heat very well. Lightyears ahead of my original '00 top.

RedWind
RedWind's Reviews

11-02-2008, 08:42 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: nice top although the zipper is broke on the back window which in turn causes the wind to blow the top off the side of the jeep

SimonTuffGuy

[I'm That Good]
SimonTuffGuy's Reviews

10-14-2008, 06:22 PM
Price: $650.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Purchased this for my worn out OEM top that was ripped and wearing thin at too many spots. The difference is amazing. Much thicker materials were used by Bestop and it can be seen. It's quieter, warmer, and just all around a better top than the OEM one. Plus, the tinted windows make the Jeep look better.

masterwacker

masterwacker's Reviews

06-06-2008, 10:31 PM
Price: $400.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Really good top. A lot thicker and quieter than the OEM top. I am really digging the tinted windows. Easy install. I can't tell the difference between this top or a 04 - 06 OEM top like some people claim there is. Oh, zippers are bigger and stronger than the stock ones as well.

jackacosta
jackacosta's Reviews

06-01-2008, 09:42 PM
Price: $640.00
Pros: quick to install, heavy duty material
Recommended? Yes

Comments: my 99 tj needed a new top and i wanted to replace it with the best one i could find. i did a lot of research on the web before buying the bestop supertop sailcloth.

ordered this tuesday. arrived saturday. installed sunday.. took about two hours to remove old top and replace with this new one. a phillips screwdriver is the only tool you'll need.

i read this top was supposed to be super-quiet.. i took it out on the freeway and it sounded about the same as always... but it's a jeep so who cares?? the material is high quality and it looks sharp.. plus.. i can actually see out of my back window again.. i could have gone with a less expensive option.. but i'm glad i coughed up the extra cash.